Doctor Who

yoda

The BBC did ship more of its archive to Africa. In actual fact they shipped the entire lot of Sixties DW to Sierra Leone, where it lay in the TV Station archives until 1999, when it was destroyed in the civil war!!!

The BBC could have recovered every episode of DW at any time up until that point!!!

Big exaggeration there. By no means all of the series were sent to Sierra Leone, and not all the prints that were sent are unaccounted for - some were shipped on elsewhere.

But yes there were a few stories, mostly in series three, which went there and for which the subsequent fate of them is unknown, and it's possible they may have existed right up to the civil war (or conceivably might even still exist somewhere). That's not the same as to say that they definitely still existed, though. Still less is it to say that anyone actually knew where they were and could simply have gone to Sierra Leone and picked them up.

(Some details of the last known locations of all copies here: http://missingepisodes.blogspot.co.nz/p/howmanyprints.html )

Some fantastic new pictures have been released to promote the forthcoming drama An Adventure in Space and Time - Bradley looks amazing as Hartnell - really looking forward to this as well as the 50th

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}

}

Edited by Kilbowie's Finest

Just watched it again, obviously disappointed we only got to see Colin Baker's back :( but maybe we've got this wrong about the Time War, he does say

"Our future depends of one single moment on one impossible day, the day i've been running from all my life. The day of The Doctor"

Doesn't sound like he is meaning an event thats for him has only recently ended, plus McGann has always said he would be up for it if they asked him back.

And yes, I know i really should have better things to be doing on a saturday night, I regret nothing

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Just watched it again, obviously disappointed we only got to see Colin Baker's back :( but maybe we've got this wrong about the Time War, he does say

"Our future depends of one single moment on one impossible day, the day i've been running from all my life. The day of The Doctor"

Doesn't sound like he is meaning an event thats for him has only recently ended, plus McGann has always said he would be up for it if they asked him back.

And yes, I know i really should have better things to be doing on a saturday night, I regret nothing

If they had managed to keep McGann appearing quiet, apart from being a master stroke of secrecy, it would probably make me pee quite fervently in my kecks.

I'd also regret nothing.

Why get McGann involved on the secret and not do the same with Eccleston?Especially if Hurt is playing an incarnation of sort between the two.

Ecclestones made no secret of the fact that he's done with the character. He's no interest in coming back.

McGann is the opposite and still does audiobooks as his incarnation.

If they had managed to keep McGann appearing quiet, apart from being a master stroke of secrecy, it would probably make me pee quite fervently in my kecks.

I'd also regret nothing.

I think it makes us all want to pee our kecks :)