Doctor Who

yoda

Caught the last fifteen minutes of this and ten minutes of it was a dance.  Fair play but I wasn’t very scared.  Also they shouldn’t talk over the credits.  

Watched them both now, and have to say I was a bit underwhelmed. Having the first episode of the series as Space Babies seems like a big mistake. It was really poor.  The mutton vindaloo creature from red dwarf was scarier. 

The second episode was OK but I found it a bit boring, especially in the middle. 

I really was happy to hear RTD was coming back, but we're not getting his best. 

Posted (edited)

The first episodes both had their moments but were undermined by silly, childish endings. I get that it's always supposed to be aimed, at least in part, but a monster made of bogeys and a ship farting itself around the galaxy? FFS. And the less said about the singing, just two episodes after they had loads of singing in the Christmas installment, the better.

The third episode was much more like it, though. It was tense pretty much from the off, and Ncuti and, in particular, Millie were excellent. Also good was Varada Sethu as Mundy Flynn, and I see they've pulled the Clara/Oswin trick of introducing a companion in advance as a different character, again. Be interesting to see how they reconcile that in the narrative later on. (Is there a link between the names "Mundy" and "Sunday"?)

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Oh, and the woman who played Munday is the new companion. 

It did surprise me when I seen her 

On 20/05/2024 at 01:17, Bully Wee Villa said:

The first episodes both had their moments but were undermined by silly, childish endings. I get that it's always supposed to be aimed, at least in part, but a monster made of bogeys and a ship farting itself around the galaxy? FFS. And the less said about the singing, just two episodes after they had loads of singing in the Christmas installment, the better.

The third episode was much more like it, though. It was tense pretty much from the off, and Ncuti and, in particular, Millie were excellent. Also good was Varada Sethu as Mundy Flynn, and I see they've pulled the Clara/Oswin trick of introducing a companion in advance as a different character, again. Be interesting to see how they reconcile that in the narrative later on. (Is there a link between the names "Mundy" and "Sunday"?)

Have they not had the ship flatulating its way around the universe already ?

A space whale or something ?

and are the space babies from 2001 , a space odyssey ?

The AAWIL scene was funny, the tourist price for a cola was flagrantly justified and the episode revealed itself in a touching & entertaining piece of schtick. Just how it should be and good fun, oh and with life lessons thrown in. 

I like the geekiness of the mysterious character echoing Tom Baker's denouement and Unit having to back off again

americanwerewolfharbinger.jpg