Doctor Who

yoda

48 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

It's shite, IMO. Great idea, terrible execution. My least favourite Hartnell story.

Sorry, scottsdad. ☹️

Also, it's not on the iPlayer, that I can see? Only one of the four episodes actually still exists and they don't seem to have put it on there. There's a fairly new looking animated version on YouTube.

I thought they put everything on the iPlayer. 

They haven't put any missing episodes that have yet to be animated for DVD release on there. They've put some of the animated episodes on there but not all (I think the more recent DVD releases are missing). They've also not included "An Unearthly Child" due to a rights dispute from the writer's son, who seems to hate the BBC because he thinks Black/gay/Trans people are a bad thing.

They seem to have put most of the episodes that exist but are from incomplete serials on, but not the one surviving "Toymaker" episode, for some reason. 

Surprisingly, "Shada" is there, as is "K9 and Company" if you're feeling masochistic.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

It's shite, IMO. Great idea, terrible execution. My least favourite Hartnell story.

Sorry, scottsdad. ☹️

Also, it's not on the iPlayer, that I can see? Only one of the four episodes actually still exists and they don't seem to have put it on there. There's a fairly new looking animated version on YouTube.

The one episode is there under Season 3 

2 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Just caught up on the weekend’s episode and fair enjoyed it. Loved the Wilf cameo and the opening scene. Wonder if we’ll see them again in future episodes.

Apparently not 😔. They wanted him to but he wasn't well enough 

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I was going to comment but this isn't the deadpool thread 

Wasn’t sure how much Bernard was able to do before he passed. Would be lovely if he at least pops up in episode 3.

I do think there’s value in Isaac Newton appearing in a future episode, though.

Overall, I thought the first episode was good. Tennent and Tate with instant chemistry again from the off. Decent wee self contained story. Couple of small things I didn't particularly enjoy, like the over powered sonic and the weird solution to the metacrisis (the fact that it had split was fine, but didn't like the "just let it go" aspect).

Second episode was really excellent I thought. A real reminder of the best from the early series of "New Who" for me. Mysterious, silly, wee bit creepy and fuelled by decent performances. A kind of back to basics approach but done quite well, imo. Good stuff. Brilliant to have the Wilf cameo as well. 

Excited for the next one and for the next season beyond. These two episodes have kind of felt like a soft reboot in some ways (much needed, imo) so hopefully Ncuti Gatwa's time can lead off from these. RTD had some excellent stuff across his first spell, but also some poor stuff. There's a lot of potential I think.

Aww man, that was brilliant. Loved the idea to have a complete reset.

Spoiler

Bigeneration is a cool idea. 

Brilliant that Ncuti is keeping his own accent as well.

1 minute ago, stanton said:

Who picked up the gold tooth ? 

I assume it’s whoever Jinkx Monsoon was drafted in to play. Liked that moment.

Good episode overall, really like the direction they’re going in. Roll on Christmas Day!

24 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

I assume it’s whoever Jinkx Monsoon was drafted in to play. Liked that moment.

Good episode overall, really like the direction they’re going in. Roll on Christmas Day!

Being described as “ The Dr’s most powerful enemy yet” 

Enjoyed it - much better than the previous two episodes in my view. The whole messaging and inclusion agenda is absolutely fine by me but a good writer should be able to do it cleverly and subtly and not have to sledgehammer it home. In saying that, it would go over the heads of many it is aimed at if it were done more subtly and I would miss out on seeing them online completely triggered by it. 

Hope to see The (celestial) Toymaker again (he was originally played by Alfred from the Burton Batman movies (and sequels) ha) as he is a good villain and I like seeing less obvious canon enemies make their return. Definitely looking forward to the Xmas special now and tbh glad to see the back of Tennant and Donna.....