Doctor Who

yoda

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

3) The Three Doctors

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

The Five Doctors is there.

Everyone forgets about Richard Hurndall.

I never really took to either of these to be honest. The Three Doctors was the better of them just for the back and forth between Troughton and Pertwee. The Five Doctors seemed a bit of a mess to me. Trying to cram too much in.

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

For folk who just found these hundreds of episodes on iPlayer...what 5 stories from the classic period would experienced Who watchers recommend?

I watched the first Jon Pertwee story run last night. Quite enjoyed it. 

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Why has Bonnie Langford just materialised. Could she not have been on the Space ship or something?

Bonnie has a nasty habit of turning up where she’s least expected - got a proper fright when she was on House of Games the other week.

Finished Trial last night. Like the idea. Some good points. Kinda fell to bits at the end. Shame Nicola Bryant didn't stay until the end would have made far more sense.

That's Baker done too. Some good flashes but a badly written doctor and a shit ton of politics going on behind the scenes. 42 episodes of Sylvester to go then that's me done the lot

On 10/07/2023 at 23:05, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Top: Ian, Barbara, Stephen, Jo, Sarah-Jane, Kamelion, Ace, Donna, Amy

Bottom: Susan, Katarina, Peri, Rose, Mickey, Adam, Ryan

Not a top/bottom 5 just some that jump to mind when I think of who I like and who I don't 

I apologise to Susan, Katarina and Peri. Mel is the worst companion. Squeeling pain in the arse

On 02/11/2023 at 10:50, scottsdad said:

For folk who just found these hundreds of episodes on iPlayer...what 5 stories from the classic period would experienced Who watchers recommend?

To stay away from the usual choices like Spearhead from Space, Genesis of the Daleks etc and instead go with some of the stories that really captured me as a child in the late 80s/early 90s

1st Doctor - The Keys of Marinus
2nd Doctor - Tomb of the Cybermen
3rd Doctor - The Sea Devils
4th Doctor - The Horror of Fang Rock
5th Doctor - Resurrection of the Daleks

There are better stories, but you don't want to give it all away at the start.