Doctor Who

yoda

The wife and I have been watching the last of David Tennants episodes as she's never seen them.

The whole "Time Lord Victorious" at the end of Waters of Mars was a missed opportunity

I caught the last half hour the 'Waters of Mars' at the weekend. It's not my favourite but I love the end of it :)

I caught the last half hour the 'Waters of Mars' at the weekend. It's not my favourite but I love the end of it :)

I really enjoyed The Waters of Mars when it was on - thought the whole base under siege malarkey was good - would quite happily have punched the living daylight out of that annoying robot Gadget though !!! :)

Ok, so quick question about this mini-episode.

First off, from what I've heard, Paul McGann was heavily involved in the stories of the time war in a radio show that was done between the hiatus of 8th and 9th doctor. Did this radio show actually involve him setting off the event, or was it just simply him continuing to avoid the Time War wherever present?

What I did like was the closure of McGann's regeneration, but not only that, you could argue that Eccelston's portrayal from being the War Doctor to the 9th now has an even better fluidity to the transistion, such was the feeling of the weight and darkness he carried in his run.

Absolutely fantastic seeing McGann again although I still instinctively dislike this War Doctor incarnation idea. I've always preferred the idea that the 8th Doctor was slowly but surely dragged into the time war and that his actions in ending the conflict caused his regeneration into the 9th Doctor.

I've been utterly convinced (like most people) that John Hurt would be the Doctor who ends the Time War and destroys both the Time Lords and Daleks. Now that the Moffats have pretty much shoved this into our face as being whats going to happen its unnerving my belief in this theory, I simply cannot believe they'd make it so obvious outwith the actual anniversary episode, although maybe its a double bluff

With McGann counted as a Doctor after only doing the TV movie it got me wondering why Peter Cushing is not counted as a Doctor with his two movies ?

And aslo are there any other Doctors that have falling down the back of the couch.

and as an aside I have been whatching Rebus on the STV player the episode dated Sep 15 2006 has Karen Gillan in it.

as a school girl who is wan*ing a 60 year old.

Edited by paulathame