Doctor Who

yoda

I decided to watch the leaked trailer as I'll be working tomorrow night and it does look good for the most part. I know there probably isn't any need to but I'm putting my thoughts in spoiler tags any way just in case.

It looks very much like we'll be seeing the end of the time war. Rose says to the William Hurt Doctor that "The moment is coming" and according to what the Time Lords say at the start of The End of Time Part 2, the moment is what the Doctor intends to use to end the time war. Therefore it seems very likely now that Hurt will be a new incarnation inbetween McGann and Eccleston. Although there is a clip of him where he claims he's "Looking for the Doctor" which seems a little off to me for some reason.

I still really don't like this idea that Hurt's playing an incarnation that the Doctor has chosen to deliberately try "hard to forget", in his own words in this trailer. It feels like Moffat desperately trying to retcon Russell T. Davies decision to make the Doctor responsible for essentially committing genocide for the greater good by creating a new intermediate incarnation to pass the blame onto while also not recognising him as the Doctor. However despite all my misgivings, I know that Moffat is a good writer and things are never simple with him so I'm still interested to see what he does here.

And Rose appears to have glowing eyes which indicates we may be seeing the bad wolf, time vortex absorbed version of her. It looks like she's going to play a huge role in this story, rather than just being there for the sake of being there as most of the companions were in the The Five Doctors. It could also be why we've seen nothing of her in any promotional material so far.

Oh and something that particularly thrills me about the upcoming episode now...

THERE'S A FEZ!

BBC Latin America posted the 50th trailer on their Facebook Page

Clicky

Update: We've removed the clip at the request of the BBC. Two new Doctor Who trailers will be debuting officially this weekend — so jump in your TARDIS and take a look then.

b*****dS!!!! :angry:

Don't know if these have been posted before but after browsing Youtube this morning I've found some good trailers. They're not long but they look good. First one's the opening credits, not sure if it's official though. It looks to good to be true :(

http://youtube.com/embed/Rk4FndV1S9M?html5=1&fs=1

http://youtube.com/embed/om5Mq2zt1nY?html5=1&fs=1

Although there is a clip of him where he claims he's "Looking for the Doctor" which seems a little off to me for some reason.

That makes perfect sense to me. As an earlier version he won't know what his future incarnations look like.

Furthermore, the unease Tennent has for him shows he's something from the Drs past. Something best forgotten.

Strange question, but I've not watched much of Smith's tenure. Is Smith the 'main' doctor? By that, I mean is he perceived as the 'better' doctor by the direction they take when him and Tennant are on screen together?

Smith really carried the show during his reign imo, as there were some really badly written stories during his time but he made them bearable,

I don't really think he was made out to be the 'better' Doctor as some of his actions during some stories were not that of a 'good' person!!

Rumours around that The Master is going to return for Capaldi's first season - no idea whether John Simm will return or whether it's someone new in the role.

Is there anyone P+B fans would like to see in the role ??

If not SIMM how about either of these two ??

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1383776916.360620.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1383776925.939752.jpg

I hope it is Simm as imo he made The Master his own role, played it brilliantly i thought!!