Doctor Who

yoda

Quite enjoyed it considering what it was, pretty much purely there to show this new Doctor isn't as "childish" as the previous ones while also being more aggressive. Feel like half of this series is purely going to be about building up the new doctor and emphasising the difference in him from Matt Smith, storylines will take a bit of a back seat I suspect. Personally I love this "angrier" Doctor, he genuinely feels threatening, and when Robin Hood pops the button of his jacket I half expected the Doctor to kill him :lol:

Interesting wee hint towards this "Promised Land" though, literally no idea where thats going to go, I think.

Quite enjoyed it considering what it was, pretty much purely there to show this new Doctor isn't as "childish" as the previous ones while also being more aggressive. Feel like half of this series is purely going to be about building up the new doctor and emphasising the difference in him from Matt Smith, storylines will take a bit of a back seat I suspect. Personally I love this "angrier" Doctor, he genuinely feels threatening, and when Robin Hood pops the button of his jacket I half expected the Doctor to kill him :lol:

Interesting wee hint towards this "Promised Land" though, literally no idea where thats going to go, I think.

Copying the Hugh Laurie/Gregory House thing for kindly doctors methinks.

I thought the guy's name was Awesome at first! Better than Orson I suppose.

Also I thought the Doctor had already been to the end of the universe? That time when Tennant's Dr met The Master (Derek Jacobi) who was unaware he was The Master?

Very good episode I thought. Was genuinely a bit scary at times.

Was the Doctor wearing a woman's sparkly top?!

This Pink dude is surely going to be involved in the series arc. Didn't catch any reference to 'The Promised Land' this week though.

Also I thought the Doctor had already been to the end of the universe? That time when Tennant's Dr met The Master (Derek Jacobi) who was unaware he was The Master?

I don't think they actually went right to the very end though back then, just as close as possible. The Doctor in this weeks episode made a comment along suggesting he turned off "safety" settings to allow the physic travelling and with those settings off they went further than the Tardis would previously allow. So this episode was the very end of the Universe, while that older one is just as close to the end as the Tardis would allow. Interesting wee "arc" that the humans in the Tennant episode were searching for Utopia though, a sort of promised land...

Also the wee creepy fucking eye behind Clara at the end was a right shit the bed moment