stone roses

doulikefish

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reckon if I was to go and see them again then it would be across in Europe somewhere.

If they were to play Glasgow, think of oasis gig over here x100. Half the folk won't remember seeing them the next day.

I would fucking love to go and see them live, but unfortunately the amount of neds and bams that will be there will make the gig a horror-fest.

I went to see The Complete Stone Roses at the O2 in Glasgow about 2 years ago and it seemed like the entire crowd were all males of the same or similar age (30s), all dressed the same (Stone Island and Adidas) and all stocious, perma-growling and in groups of no fewer than 5. I'd anticipate that a real Stone Roses gig would be similar but on a larger, more manic scale.

This story has done the rounds before. I wont believe it until i see tour dates. Not sure it would be a great gig either.

This story does the rounds every year and will never be true.

Not sure it will never be true, if I see one November/December time it may have more credence. However, there is no way they would sort things for this summer, and any gig would have to be outdoors.

I went to see The Complete Stone Roses at the O2 in Glasgow about 2 years ago and it seemed like the entire crowd were all males of the same or similar age (30s), all dressed the same (Stone Island and Adidas) and all stocious, perma-growling and in groups of no fewer than 5. I'd anticipate that a real Stone Roses gig would be similar but on a larger, more manic scale.

:lol:

On a similar note, I seen The Charlatans at the Carling Academy a few years ago. I could barely see the stage for a sea of bucket hats and parka jackets.

ian brown must be one of the worst singers ever

No, the Glasvegas singer has that particular market cornered.

To the rumour - I hope it doesn't come to pass as it will only sully the memory of a wonderful band. They cannot win if they reform (though their bank managers might disagree).

• 6 months later...

Following on from the reunion chatter earlier in the year, yet more talk that the Roses are going to Reform for 2012. Whilst it will obviously be a massive draw if it happens and I was too young to ever seen them when they were still going, there's always that risk when bands reform that they don't do themselves any justice and do nothing but sully the good memories.

If it happens then fair play I love the roses but Ian brown has to be one of the world worst live singers was gonna say I feel sorry for the mugs who would buy the tickets but if they can't realise this then they deserved to be milked for everypenny they have. Great band but only on record.

If anything it will be great to hear Squire's magical guitar playing again. I know he's properly into his art now but he's such a talented player it's a shame we don't hear anything musical from him these days.

As I posted on the previous page, after "Time Changes Everything" I wouldn't be disappointed if he never picked up a guitar again.

Archived