Burnistoun

SOL

Guest Kincardine

Burnistoun's finest moment -

:lol: Excellent. I work for a company based in Norway and sent them that skit. Laughed? They almost bought a pint.

Curates Egg. Not up there with "Still Game" or "Chewing' the fat"- but if I say anything about a certain tank commander....

Agreed - hit and miss and no-where near the brilliance of Still Game.

However it was worth 30 minutes just for, "Charlie Watts isn't the odd man out: he's the odd man in."

Guest Kincardine

That sketch is the best they've done. I generally watch it because it's original at least, but it's never had me thinking iit's a

particularly brilliant show.

You're right - it isn't brilliant but at least Burnistoun does try.

Compare it to 'Friends' with the dull Ross/Rachel/Joey/Phoebe/Monica love-in.

Every episode of any sit-com ever in the history of TV would be improved by a lobbed bottle of ginger.

No, anything pish is automatically pish.

Still Game is hilarious, Brave was brilliant, Braveheart is great. Burnistoun (based on the sketches posted here) would appear to be utterly shite, the bra joke may have been fine if it was a one-off throwaway comment in a sketch, but a minute of the same joke being repeated ad nauseum is not remotely funny.

It was as insufferable as the Peter Griffin falling over and holding his knee then inhaling through his teeth for ages.

That's the problem with Burnistoun for me. A lot of their sketches are like that, they seem to have good ideas but no idea how to do them properly so it ends up being annoying and repetitive. I still watch and have a few giggles though.

I think Limmy is far better.

Just watched the first episode of the new series. Was pretty funny. I'm a fan of Limmy and some of the sketches in this show reminded me of some of his stuff, the observational kind of comedy which is really enjoyable. The last bit with the clothes was good laugh.gif

Some funny sketches along with some total nonsense, but overall, good fun.

They have done some great comedy but it is as said, surrounded by a lot of guff. The elevator one, £15.20, the wee wardobe re very funny sketches. The ice cream van could be funny but they tend to take it too far.