Mafia Watering Hole

I didn't know how people would take it, and I didn't want to have my ideas ripped apart in public. My offer is still open to those I have messaged though...

Don't be secretive about it. Why do you feel you/we need another thread? Presumably you're either looking to take over the role or compete with this one(for whatever reason). Why not suggest whatever ideas you presented and work with this group?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know how people would take it, and I didn't want to have my ideas ripped apart in public. My offer is still open to those I have messaged though...

I'll be amazed if anyone accepts, its a decline from me. Total pish patter.

After the ripping Ludo and Forehead got yesterday for different things, this takes the biscuit esp way you have slyly done it over PM

Shitebag. :(

You could say that, yes. But I believe I have GY on my side. If things get violent, I'm fine.

Don't be secretive about it. Why do you feel you/we need another thread? Presumably you're either looking to take over the role or compete with this one(for whatever reason). Why not suggest whatever ideas you presented and work with this group?

I was just trying to gauge whether it had support or not, I wasn't trying to actively compete with this thread, just offer something different for the players that feel out of touch with the current set up. I also proposed that the two 'members' of each thread could have an annual game against each other, perhaps in the style of the Apprentice games, but this seems to have been laughed out of town. sad.gif

You could say that, yes. But I believe I have GY on my side. If things get violent, I'm fine.

I was just trying to gauge whether it had support or not, I wasn't trying to actively compete with this thread, just offer something different for the players that feel out of touch with the current set up. I also proposed that the two 'members' of each thread could have an annual game against each other, perhaps in the style of the Apprentice games, but this seems to have been laughed out of town. sad.gif

And the rest???? Your missing out the stuff about Forehead

I'm slightly insulted that I wasn't invited even if, by the sounds of things it was another terrible idea, but it was me who took the beating for suggesting some drastic change. :(

GY's on the opposite side from me, involved the team presumably overthrowing me(like I'm some sort of leader. Well, colour me stunned.

Clearly it's some sort of coop if you're doing it in secret without even discussing it with me(since you'd be starting another thread), why couldn't you just suggest the ideas in here and we'd vote on it like we're doing with the other option.

It's not any of the ideas, it's the fact that you've been PMing people to try and get support which is the main thing. It's just a dick move, which is so out of character, as far as I've seen anyway.

I'll be amazed if anyone accepts, its a decline from me. Total pish patter.

After the ripping Ludo and Forehead got yesterday for different things, this takes the biscuit esp way you have slyly done it over PM

Come off it, GtG. You're always on your high horse, I get it, you've been here from the start. It wasn't even done slyly, I sent a message out to the people I believed would be interested in my proposals, and it's not been entirely positive response I've had. One player seemed keen, but upon reading this thread he'll probably back out and claim no part of it. And I'm the shitebag. dry.gif

I'm slightly insulted that I wasn't invited even if, by the sounds of things it was another terrible idea, but it was me who took the beating for suggesting some drastic change. :(

I would have invited you, but I just couldn't bring myself to after your shit panel idea. Didn't think you would bring anything worthwhile to the discussions to be honest.

Oh really? So there's a bit more? Interesting.

I'm pretty stunned that you're not involved. If I'd have been asked who was behind it, I'd have thought you and GY.

Have to agree with Forehead, and it's not something we do often. :lol: Bit of a poor show tbh, the main aim at the end of the day is to make the games as enjoyable as possible for everyone. And sometimes, we'll have strung out debates on here over our ideas of the game but sending PM's is a bit sneaky and could create factions/rifts between the players and despite all the slaggings we dish out/take in these threads, I feel we have quite a tight bond. PM'ing people about going behind others backs is just sad, and not the way forward.

GY's on the opposite side from me, involved the team presumably overthrowing me(like I'm some sort of leader. Well, colour me stunned.

Clearly it's some sort of coop if you're doing it in secret without even discussing it with me(since you'd be starting another thread), why couldn't you just suggest the ideas in here and we'd vote on it like we're doing with the other option.

It's not any of the ideas, it's the fact that you've been PMing people to try and get support which is the main thing. It's just a dick move, which is so out of character, as far as I've seen anyway.

I know it looks like I've been a devious little shite, and maybe in some ways I have, but I was just hoping to gauge a reaction for my ideas and if the support wasn't forthcoming then my plan was to just drop it and let it go. Of course I would have sent you a message if it had looked like it was going to take off, but it never did.

I would have invited you, but I just couldn't bring myself to after your shit panel idea. Didn't think you would bring anything worthwhile to the discussions to be honest.

Aye, because your idea was so great you had to PM people about it in the knowledge that you'd be rounded upon on here like I was. :lol:

Have to agree with Forehead, and it's not something we do often. :lol: Bit of a poor show tbh, the main aim at the end of the day is to make the games as enjoyable as possible for everyone. And sometimes, we'll have strung out debates on here over our ideas of the game but sending PM's is a bit sneaky and could create factions/rifts between the players and despite all the slaggings we dish out/take in these threads, I feel we have quite a tight bond. PM'ing people about going behind others backs is just sad, and not the way forward.

Did Ludo just call me sneaky? Jesus fucking wept.

Aye, because your idea was so great you had to PM people about it in the knowledge that you'd be rounded upon on here like I was. :lol:

That's not the reason at all. If my idea wasn't supported, there was no need to make it public as I only messaged people I thought might be keen on the idea. If they weren't willing to give it a chance, then nobody else would be and that's why I didn't just post it all on this thread. It really isn't as backhanded as what you're trying to make out.

Did Ludo just call me sneaky?Jesus fucking wept.That's not the reason at all. If my idea wasn't supported, there was no need to make it public as I only messaged people I thought might be keen on the idea. If they weren't willing to give it a chance, then nobody else would be and that's why I didn't just post it all on this thread. It really isn't as backhanded as what you're trying to make out.

When outwith the games have I been sneaky? Post it now then and prove it.

That's not the reason at all. If my idea wasn't supported, there was no need to make it public as I only messaged people I thought might be keen on the idea. If they weren't willing to give it a chance, then nobody else would be and that's why I didn't just post it all on this thread. It really isn't as backhanded as what you're trying to make out.

Ha Im sure Forehead will disagree when he sees it. Im sure he will be chuffed to learn part of your proposal was not to allow him and certain others to post on your watering hole thread and you were going to ask for mod rights to delete any posts made.

That's the main thing I'm sort of pissed about. I don't particularly care about having the thread, if people thought it'd be better elsewhere then I'd probably agree but since it was my idea to bring it here then I feel it's mine to give away and would be severely pissed if someone tried to overthrow me and stage a coop.

You have been sneaky though.

How bad could it really be though? Yeah we'd laugh at you(if it's truly terrible) but at least you'd be throwing ideas out there and trying to think up solutions.

Until we see the actual post, from my perspective, it looks like you PM'd Kyle, GTG and GY(at least) to try and gain the support of the big names in a bid to start your own mafia thread which seems to want to start it's own games and be separate from this one.

Ha Im sure Forehead will disagree when he sees it. Im sure he will be chuffed to learn part of your proposal was not to allow him and certain others to post on your watering hole thread and you were going to ask for mod rights to delete any posts made.

Oh god, that's the holy grail of sig quotes right there.

edit: if Kyle or GTG add me into their PM then I'll love you forever.

Archived