Hip Hop Thread

A-Mac

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Also, Plan B's 'Ill Manors' is out next week. It's going to be special.

Is he singing or rapping? I absolutely loved 'Who Needs Action When You Got Words' but 'Defamation of Strickland Banks' was completely different and horrific.

Is he singing or rapping? I absolutely loved 'Who Needs Action When You Got Words' but 'Defamation of Strickland Banks' was completely different and horrific.

I did like 'Strickland Banks' but I agree that his first album was a different class. Never got the credit it deserved. He's back to rapping now. Here's a few tracks from the album (out on Monday) -

Ill Manors -

Lost My Way -

Falling Down -

Playing With Fire -

I'm liking all of them so far. Definitely a talented guy. Very versatile. All songs are from the soundtrack of the movie he directed, also called 'Ill Manors'. Never got round to seeing it, but it was getting decent reviews.

JBrown and The Mic Smith

A funky hip hop duo from New Zealand, combining blues, jazz, soul and hip hop.

Some really good stuff, and there are another 2 or 3 videos on youtube that you should check out if you like the stuff below.

Would definetly recommend everyone give it a listen - for fans of de la soul, ATCQ etc

• 2 weeks later...

This guy's been around for a while on his own independent label, Funk Volume, but hasn't yet had the success I think he deserves.

Good choice

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Hospin is one of the corniest rappers ever tbh. He is like a very very poor slim shady.

I would rather discuss Hopsin's qualities with someone who doesn't think that Frank Ocean's new album is the best one of the year.

No offence "Lisandro", but I don't think I'll be listening to the opinion of someone who thinks Justin Bieber and R Kelly are the pinnacle of music.

Damn, ya'll mad.

Face it, Hospin is a very poor rapper who the majority of the Hip-hop community don't like. He is the definition of trying to hard to be controversial

As, Frank Ocean. It is one of the most critically acclaimed albums. biggrin.gif