The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Lots of Evertonians complaining about Martinez, which surprises me. They point to the fact that his teams can't defend, but he's inherited the third best defence in the league, I think he'll do well.

The fact that he wants to take Alcaraz with him is a definite cause for concern defensively.

The fact that he wants to take Alcaraz with him is a definite cause for concern defensively.

It's not a "fact" though is it. I don't see him bringing Alcaraz in, it wouldn't improve what's there.

Kone and McCarthy i wouldn't say no too.

The new badge will be replaced but not until next summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22696130

That's not what it says. The badge will be changed for next season (presumably they're too far down the line to reverse it now) but will most likely revert to the current badge for the following season following more extensive consultation.

It's not a "fact" though is it. I don't see him bringing Alcaraz in, it wouldn't improve what's there.

I'd take McCarthy, but doubt that Everton would spend the kind of money being talked about. Kone, however, can f**k off. He's outrageously lazy, I would not be impressed if that were to be his first signing.

Wigan went down last season for a reason - I'd rather we left their players alone.

I think there's a couple of Wigan players who could do a job at Everton. Maloney and McCarthy specifically. You can't imagine Jelavic will have another crappy season, the problem for Martinez will be to replace the bit part players who back up Everton's first XI and aren't really good enough. There's plenty of talent there though, Seamus Coleman looks a terrific player. Martinez will do well, I think.

Yeah fair enough, the article I read said he was looking to sign Alcaraz on a free as his contract has expired. I also read that Heitinga wants to leave and if that's the case (and it's a big if) then him signing Alcaraz isn't too far fetched. He's shite though so hopefully Martinez won't sign him.

Kone supposedly has a £6.5 million release clause but I don't think he's a better player than Jelavic and with Anichebe there too I can't see any point in signing him.

As has been said already McCarthy and Maloney would be good signings, though I think both are on long-term contracts so it remains to be seen if Martinez would be given the money to sign them.

Do P&B Everton fans expect the new boss to get much money to spend? Are you concerned about Mo from the Simpsons taking Baines/Fellaini to Man U with him? And what would you settle for as a league finish next year?

:lol:

I don't think he'll get much more than Moyes would. If anything I'd imagine Martinez will work under a sell to buy system like we have done before. And yes I am concerned Mo will take these players, more so Baines because Leighton Baines is a wonderful player and the coolest guy in football. I will be gutted if he goes. Fellaini not so much, but would still be disappointed. A top half finish would suffice.

I agree with this. Some Wigan players however I would be happy to see join the club, Mcmanaman and Maloney for example.