The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

For as long as I've had a P&B account, it is until literally just now that I've come across an Everton forum 😮‍💨

So what's the verdict for the showdown weekend then fellow Blues? I'm not optimistic. Especially without our key striker and a fit right back. 

99% certain Leeds will be one of the two 'other' clubs going down but I have a horrible feeling Leicester will brush aside West Ham as they'll be resting their key players for the EUROPA final. And I think the prospect of relegating one of the PL's biggest clubs will be too good to pass for Bournemouth.  

19 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I fear no striker being fit, and a very lucky Leicester at Newcastle has changed the dynamic here. Can see Foxes winning and Everton drawing 0-0.

Things aren't really that different from where they were on Monday prior to the Newcastle - Leicester match, Everton still need to win as even if Leicester had lost their superior goal difference meant that a win on the last day would have given them 33 points, which if Everton lose would send them down. A Leeds win would give them 34, and depending on how much by with an Everton draw would still send the Toffees down, playing for a draw is not a great option at this stage of the season hoping that the other two don't win, so Everton have to go for a win.

Whether they can get it or not - well, I don't know. 

It's a bit worrying that I am the least pessimistic on here...

26 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Things aren't really that different from where they were on Monday prior to the Newcastle - Leicester match, Everton still need to win as even if Leicester had lost their superior goal difference meant that a win on the last day would have given them 33 points, which if Everton lose would send them down. A Leeds win would give them 34, and depending on how much by with an Everton draw would still send the Toffees down, playing for a draw is not a great option at this stage of the season hoping that the other two don't win, so Everton have to go for a win.

Whether they can get it or not - well, I don't know. 

It's a bit worrying that I am the least pessimistic on here...

I think Leicester on 30 points does not change their approach from now having 31. However, it could force Everton's hand in a certain circumstance. If Everton are drawing with 15 to go and  Leicester winning, they now have to go hell for leather for the win, whereas on 30 pts Everton could afford a draw. No matter, go for the win and lets see what happens. Would be more comfortable with DCL available

1 minute ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I think Leicester on 30 points does not change their approach from now having 31. However, it could force Everton's hand in a certain circumstance. If Everton are drawing with 15 to go and  Leicester winning, they now have to go hell for leather for the win, whereas on 30 pts Everton could afford a draw. No matter, go for the win and lets see what happens. Would be more comfortable with DCL available

He might be - maybe Dyche is playing mind games?

Phew! More relief than jubilation, to be honest.

Sean Dyche deserves enormous credit and the board should hang their heads in shame.

If BIG changes not made over the summer, I can't see third time being lucky.

Then there's the financial situation...

But anyway, relaxation at last.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Phew! More relief than jubilation, to be honest.

Sean Dyche deserves enormous credit and the board should hang their heads in shame.

If BIG changes not made over the summer, I can't see third time being lucky.

Then there's the financial situation...

But anyway, relaxation at last.

See you here again this time next season

Relief more than happiness. Get it right up that horrible c**t Vardy and his wife in particular.

Moshiri, Kenwright, Baxendale and all their cronies need to f**k off immediately.

Not re-investing the Anthony Gordon money was criminal and nearly resulted in relegation.

Lessons need to be learnt.

This will be controversial but DCL needs punted. Always seems to be injured.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

That was a nervy watch. Job done in terms of the very short term, but some people really need to be moved on. For me the definite OUT List should include Davies, Iwobi, Vinagre, Maupay.

The maybe list should include Mykolenko, Coleman and Godfrey. 

I looked back to a whatsapp message I sent to my Scouse mate in the spring of 2021 with the players I wanted Everton to sign. It was McGinn, Neto (Wolves), Dallas &  Phillips @ Leeds , Ward-Prowse and Ings and Harvey Barnes . Even a couple of them instead of the top list would improve Everton. 

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

51 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

That was a nervy watch. Job done in terms of the very short term, but some people really need to be moved on. For me the definite OUT List should include Davies, Iwobi, Vinagre, Maupay.

The maybe list should include Mykolenko, Coleman and Godfrey. 

I looked back to a whatsapp message I sent to my Scouse mate in the spring of 2021 with the players I wanted Everton to sign. It was McGinn, Neto (Wolves), Dallas &  Phillips @ Leeds , Ward-Prowse and Ings and Harvey Barnes . Even a couple of them instead of the top list would improve Everton. 

You can’t afford any of them, unfortunately. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Optimism back to full level again.

Now who is first on the fixture list and where is my first away game? 😃

Fulham H

Aston Villa A

• 1 month later...