The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

On 07/03/2023 at 15:36, The 55 said:

Lots of 1-0 wins required.

Fingers crossed

:thumsup2  Big win today. Long 90 minutes, if Frank had still been in charge a late goal or two would have been shipped, seemed to happen every home game, so musn't grumble.

It was a pretty decent performance, especially in the first half. Missed three good chances after the goal and the disallowed goal was harsh imo. I have faith in Dyche to get them out of trouble but the players' lack of quality will keep Everton down there. 

Good point at Stamford Bridge, good to see Everton come back twice from a goal down, wouldn't have happened earlier in the season.

Vital point with Leeds winning and Southampton getting a draw,

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

A hard earned point. 3 would have been better, but it was looking like none, so grateful for small mercies. Bit sore on the nerves - again.

Turned over after the penalty in fear of a 0-3. Turned back on to see Spurs go down to 10 and then that super strike. A couple of wins desperately needed. Is that a 3 match ban for him getting sent off?

17 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Turned over after the penalty in fear of a 0-3. Turned back on to see Spurs go down to 10 and then that super strike. A couple of wins desperately needed. Is that a 3 match ban for him getting sent off?

I think so.

Back in the drop zone after tonight's games, though.

I think I said last year that Goodison had more of an influence on Everton staying up than Lampard, but imo Dyche is currently Everton's best hope. It's an incredibly thin (and not great) squad so I'm still pessimistic, but there are definitely signs of life. 

I was hoping for a Newcastle win, 5-1 was better than expected. It's all very tight at the bottom.

Away at Old Trafford next for Everton, best I can hope for there is a draw.

Then sit and sweat as the 6 pointers take place.

Football? Bloody hell!

I was hoping Leeds would win this, as it would have really dragged Palace into the relegation battle, but, on reflection, Hodgson has enough about him to keep Palace up, so Leeds losing 5-1 at home is probably better. Just hope their next match isn't a trip to Craven Cottage...

Another long 90 minutes for a 0-0 draw at Selhurst Park, with 10 men for the last 10 minutes. A point was the most to be hoped for, I suppose. Leicester winning f***** things up a bit, but the wee team across the park won and Fulham returned the favour they did Leeds last week, so could have been worse, but now in the drop zone.

On 22/04/2023 at 17:12, Jacksgranda said:

Another long 90 minutes for a 0-0 draw at Selhurst Park, with 10 men for the last 10 minutes. A point was the most to be hoped for, I suppose. Leicester winning f***** things up a bit, but the wee team across the park won and Fulham returned the favour they did Leeds last week, so could have been worse, but now in the drop zone.

Do you think you’ll avoid relegation?