The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

6 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

That will be a complete and utter disaster

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

How are they fleecing fans? 

There was a story doing the rounds last week of Chelsea scrapping the free (or subsidised?) coach travel for away games. It would save around £750,000 a season. All part of measures to help keep them within FFP limits, which is fucking hilarious considering Todd Boehly is spending a gazillion pounds on new players every week of the transfer window.

Edited by eez-eh

Another home defeat and no goals scored.

Other results went Everton's way - Bournemouth only drew, and Luton, Sheffield United and Wolves all lost. Still couldn't take advantage of it.

The relegated trio is going to come from those 5 clubs.

On 28/09/2023 at 10:53, LiviLion said:

Everton building up a bit of momentum before a 1-0 defeat to Luton seems very Everton.

F*** me, instead of going 5 points clear of Luton, they're going to be level.

Shite. Although only half as shite as it looked at halftime. But shite, nevertheless. Incredibly, despite losing at home to Fulham, Wolves and Luton, still not in the bottom three. But a dreadful, dreadful result.

15 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Shite. Although only half as shite as it looked at halftime. But shite, nevertheless. Incredibly, despite losing at home to Fulham, Wolves and Luton, still not in the bottom three. But a dreadful, dreadful result.

Get doon

Edited by Judy Murray

49 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Surely Dyche has to be on his way soon? He’s really not done anything to make them any better.

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

Surely Dyche has to be on his way soon? He’s really not done anything to make them any better.

F***'s, not another manager.

I think Dyche will keep them up - maybe that'll come back to haunt me. But a big missed opportunity today.

Hugely disappointing result. Have to say that following a bright start where several chances were missed, Everton never really got to grips with Luton's direct and robust style. Despite the height in the team they still lost several challenges from corners and free kicks. 

That's four one goal defeats at home. Lots of chances, few goals.

On 30/09/2023 at 17:18, Jacksgranda said:

I am getting old and dottled and may have posted this to you before. I had no idea (or recollection) that you were an Everton man. My brother-in-law is from Liverpool and is a huge Blue. Back in the eighties, nineties, naughties we made a few trips down to matches at Goodison, mostly down and back on the same day. Probably my favourite ground for atmosphere, particularly when things are going well, and have been at loads of big matches there. Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool the biggest. But I've got sickened of the EPL in the last ten years or so and have almost completely lost interest, apart from when there are shock results, like Saturday.