Dota 2

banana

• 3 weeks later...

Thoughts, dotsters? After the initial HUD teething problems I'm really enjoying the patch. The new map has changed the way the game is played massively and talents are proving a great addition IMO.

Doesn't really feel like Dota any more due to the extreme map changes, moving of Roshan to a bizarre river-cutting position, shrines, and the silly accelerated xp gain.

Seems they've broken so much with the UI changes too. Also broken custom maps and AI. I do like the idea of traits, though they need spiced up a bit. The strategy screen and the star-field swoosh in 5v5 lineup loading screen are great.

I suppose I don't really 'get' what Icefrog is trying to achieve with 7.00.

The map changes have really upped the ante with support and general roaming play. Map movements are harder to predict and the jungle is more punishing if you have blocked camps. Warding is so much more important now too feels like.

I'm not sure about shrines either to be honest. Seems to take a lot of pressure off mid laners and gives them much easier time getting off to a good start with low risk of dying.

It's a new start though. Wholesale change now, minor tweaking to come over the year to perfect it. Overall thumbs up from me.

• 6 months later...

Bump for this. Prize pool for The International 7 currently sitting at $23,250,000. Starts tomorrow with the group stages and will run until August 12th

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/wiki/events/ti7 For more details of who, what, when and where etc. 

I'm backing OG to finally win the big one after taking the majors. VP could be interesting too. 

• 1 year later...

Anyone watching this year? Big money up for grabs similar to last year but more importantly looks so wide open. 

Liquid, VP and LGD the favourites in that order but I just watched EG demolish iG after accidentally swapping Arteezy (carry) with Fly (hard support) and not looking any weaker. 4th favourite and tourney dark horse at the moment for me. 

Watching all night tonight and I'm off tomorrow. Fuckin buzzin

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Anyone watching this year? Big money up for grabs similar to last year but more importantly looks so wide open. 

Liquid, VP and LGD the favourites in that order but I just watched EG demolish iG after accidentally swapping Arteezy (carry) with Fly (hard support) and not looking any weaker. 4th favourite and tourney dark horse at the moment for me. 

Watching all night tonight and I'm off tomorrow. Fuckin buzzin

Not sure it was an accident, Fly was playing Clinkz in pubs last night.

VP have to be clear favourites imo, though the next few days will give a clearer picture of the dark horses.

Kappa PogChamp LUL.

4 minutes ago, banana said:

Not sure it was an accident, Fly was playing Clinkz in pubs last night.

VP have to be clear favourites imo, though the next few days will give a clearer picture of the dark horses.

Kappa PogChamp LUL.

Meh. His farming was bad. Arteezy Phoenix was surprisingly good though. Bulba confirmed it was a mistake on twitter during the game I think. 

VP are strong but I think the other top tier teams will be more ready for them than they will be for the rest. I just don't think they'll win it. Fully expect to be dug up on this post a week on Saturday if they do. :P

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Meh. His farming was bad. Arteezy Phoenix was surprisingly good though. Bulba confirmed it was a mistake on twitter during the game I think. 

VP are strong but I think the other top tier teams will be more ready for them than they will be for the rest. I just don't think they'll win it. Fully expect to be dug up on this post a week on Saturday if they do. :P

Absolute bassas either way, I have RTZ core n my fantasy draft for the day :(

Aye, a fair few teams can win it, but VP on top form just look unstoppable. Will see!

Just now, banana said:

Absolute bassas either way, I have RTZ core n my fantasy draft for the day :(

Aye, a fair few teams can win it, but VP on top form just look unstoppable. Will see!

Aye it's fucked the fantasy points up a bit for the day. 

Separate but related point, Sumail is the most gifted dota player in the history of the game. He can win any lane, utter genius. 

23 hours ago, Crroma said:

I hope this TI turns out good. I've really went off dota since watching the Birmingham Major live and player counts are dropping.

Ok? I don't think the game is in any sort of decline. I'm hyped as f**k for this year as much as any other. 

Heading to Germany next week to watch the final 2 days with my mate over there. Hope EG keep their run up and make it there.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

That game 4, Jesus H Christ. Some absurd clutch plays to keep OG in it - Ana selling items at the secret shop as he was about to die so he'd have buyback, noTail cutting the creepwave to delay the base push / keep backdoor protection and buy time for the respawns, Ceb's mad Berserkers Calls throughout. Then in game 5 Ana's Euls dodges and Jerax's Fissure and Boat steals. Absurd.

Best TI ever.

Edited by banana

• 11 months later...

Time for the annual bump. High chance we'll see a player win their second TI for the first time, and the first repeat winner. 

OG and Liquid have looked utterly unstoppable. The OG Meme train has been absolutely incredible whether mocking PLD calling them goofy, putting down Fly (again) and Notail tacking out a huge stack of papers against LGD.PSG. Alch seems the main man at the moment. Looking forward to watching today and tomorrow. 

Spoiler

k0hiblvsqci31.gif