A great feeling at Cappielow..

You finished 2nd bottom of the lot, but for self preservation, who knows where you'd be today.

Unlike Ayr's pre-merged clubs: who spent the entire period in the second tier, finishing bottom twice.

Set the tone for the team to come tbh.

A 1 way rivalry isn't a derby, ask Reynard. ;) .

That's true: Stranraer consider Queen of the South to be a more worthwhile rival.

At least once the pyramid system kicks in you'll be getting plenty of derbies in the juniors.

Unlike Ayr's pre-merged clubs: who spent the entire period in the second tier, finishing bottom twice.

Set the tone for the team to come tbh.

You'd have been as well posting the stock :lol: when beaten.

That's true: Stranraer consider Queen of the South to be a more worthwhile rival.

At least once the pyramid system kicks in you'll be getting plenty of derbies in the juniors.

Since there are loads of clubs a shorter drive from Ayr, Stranraer can pick whoever they like, it certainly ain't us.

Guess it'll be Whitletts Vics for you then.

I don't recall Whitletts finishing above us when trawling the leagues, can you say the same about Port Glasgow?

Edited by ayrmad

Guess it'll be Whitletts Vics for you then.

I'll stick with my hatred for killy thanks. I don't mind fans sticking the boot in but when a fan from a club such as Morton who have done hee haw in 100 years starts with all the "my club are far superior pish " I just can't help being a bit mythed. Head to head against your club we have came out on top. That's all that matters. On.the park we are better than you. End of discussion.

I don't recall Whitletts finishing above us when trawling the leagues, can you say the same about Port Glasgow?

Would you like us to run through the collection of diddies who finished above Ayr FC and Ayr Parkhouse, again?

Between you and Monkey Tennis it would appear we have a few gluttons for punishment: presumably close-season boredom.

I'll stick with my hatred for killy thanks. I don't mind fans sticking the boot in but when a fan from a club such as Morton who have done hee haw in 100 years starts with all the "my club are far superior pish " .

In the last 100 years Morton have won the Scottish Cup, played in Europe against English giants Chelsea, won multiple league titles, spent decades at the top table and secured their place as one of Scotland's foremost provincial institutions.

If you're looking for an example of a club who have "done hee haw in 100 years", then look no further than Ayr United - who since their embarrassing foundation have continued in the vein of the predecessors, by winning not a single trophy - significant or not - and spending their entire history living in the shadow of their county and regional neighbours.

Head to head against your club we have came out on top. That's all that matters. On.the park we are better than you. End of discussion.

Head to head over league seasons ie what actually matters, you come out trailing in our midst. Which is your natural position.

Unlucky.

Edited by vikingTON

Would you like us to run through the collection of diddies who finished above Ayr FC and Ayr Parkhouse, again?

Between you and Monkey Tennis it would appear we have a few gluttons for punishment: presumably close-season boredom.

In the last 100 years Morton have won the Scottish Cup, played in Europe against English giants Chelsea, won multiple league titles, spent decades at the top table and secured their place as one of Scotland's foremost provincial institutions.

If you're looking for an example of a club who have "done hee haw in 100 years", then look no further than Ayr United - who since their embarrassing foundation have continued in the vein of the predecessors, by winning not a single trophy - significant or not - and spending their entire history living in the shadow of their country and regional neighbours.

Head to head over league seasons ie what actually matters, you come out trailing in our midst. Which is your natural position.

Unlucky.

Morton have won one more league than Ayr in that time. Care to guess which one that was ? So your club have 1 pre WW2 trophy and 3rd division more than us. Hardly vastly superior is it ? Plus head to head we are better than you. We are.both the same age so.I prefer to go on recent results. In the last 20 years Morton have been below just about every club in the land and have did worse in cups than about 50% of the clubs in the land. Aye, behemoth of Scottish football right enough.

'Fun with Facts' fact check: Ayr 'FC' finished beneath Port Glasgow Athletic in every single season of the former club's existence. As did Ayr Parkhouse in their chequered, embarrassing forays into the league.

'Fun with Facts' fact check: Ayr 'FC' finished beneath Port Glasgow Athletic in every single season of the former club's existence. As did Ayr Parkhouse in their chequered, embarrassing forays into the league.

I support Ayr United who comfortably avoided last place in Scotland in the 1960-61 season.

Edited by ayrmad

Morton have won one more league than Ayr in that time. Care to guess which one that was ? So your club have 1 pre WW2 trophy and 3rd division more than us. Hardly vastly superior is it ?

Morton have the Scottish Cup: Ayr have not a single trophy to show for a century of competition. The very definition of 'doing hee-haw for a hundred years' then.

Meanwhile, Morton hold more all-time league points, a higher all-time league finish, more top flight points, more second tier points, more seasons spent in the rop flight and of course, fewer seasons spent in the seaside leagues. By any meaningful statistical measure, you live in our shadow.

We are.both the same age so.I prefer to go on recent results.

Recent results that see Morton competing at the top of the First Division again, while Ayr have resumed their natural place as seaside league no-marks.

Unlucky.

I support Ayr United you moron.

I support Ayr United you moron.

Ayr United being the 'Livingston' variant of your previous entities. Unfortunately for you they couldn't win a trophy either, so that's no less than three clubs from Ayr, with a shared history, and not a single trophy or meaningful contribution to Scottish football between them.

Gutted for you.

Was that the occasion for your one and only open top bus ceremony?

No, but we certainly weren't wondering how we could rise to be 2nd worse team in the country.

No, but we certainly weren't wondering how we could rise to be 2nd worse team in the country.

Indeed not, because Ayr managed to secure just that feat in 1964-65:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/division-two-old/1964-1965

The eagle-eyed reader will note that Morton, as usual, were in the top flight while you were slumming it among the diddies.

Not quite working out the way you had planned, is it?

Morton have the Scottish Cup: Ayr have not a single trophy to show for a century of competition. The very definition of 'doing hee-haw for a hundred years' then.

Meanwhile, Morton hold more all-time league points, a higher all-time league finish, more top flight points, more second tier points, more seasons spent in the rop flight and of course, fewer seasons spent in the seaside leagues. By any meaningful statistical measure, you live in our shadow.

Recent results that see Morton competing at the top of the First Division again, while Ayr have resumed their natural place as seaside league no-marks.

Unlucky.

Are.you really this thick ? Of course Morton have more top flight points more years in the top flight. They are one of the oldest clubs on Scotland and certainly much older than Ayr. But if u do the maths, we are about the same for number of top flight points per season over our existence. Unlucky.

So from I can see is that your superiority complex stems from a cup win that your grandparents didn't see. You must be a very sad individual.

East fife are a far superior club to Morton. 4 cup wins and we know how u like them.

Indeed not, because Ayr managed to secure just that feat in 1964-65:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/division-two-old/1964-1965

The eagle-eyed reader will note that Morton, as usual, were in the top flight while you were slumming it among the diddies.

Not quite working out the way you had planned, is it?

I'm aware of our finishes, I don't wear blinkers and I do have self confidence.

I have the self confidence to state that Ayr United didn't finish bottom of the pile in 1960-61.