A great feeling at Cappielow..

Got someone on loan already who is over 21? Or has it been vetoes from the Vine / Hibs end?

No idea why the move hasn't materialised, but we've only got Barrie McKay (19) and the boy Findlay from Celtic who is 18 on loan so his age can't be the reason.

Maybe he's been approached by a premiership club?

Did Rowan Vine not bleat something about Hibs being a far bigger club than St Johnstone last summer?

After we released him. He was a good player for us on the left wing, never a striker which is where Hibs have tried to play him.

He's an arrogant arse though, so I'd imagine he thinks himself above that level.

This is the best Morton team I have seen in a long time & I have been going to Cappielow since 1973 so have saw the good times & lots of bad ones also. Could this really be there time for SPL football I think they have the players but We have to wrap Macdonald & Jackson in cotton wool & keep them both fit Tidser also will be a very important Player for us in the Midfield.

But when You look & the bench We have Weatherson, Campbell, & Bachirou itching to get back in the team after Saturdays trip to Dumfries We play Partick on the Friday Night then Hamilton, & Falkirk all within the space of a few short Weeks we really could be Top by a few points can we really keep going & stay top of the League I think & hope We can..biggrin.gif

Never tire of reading this post-what went wrong my unwashed friends ???

Never tire of reading this post-what went wrong my unwashed friends ???

It really is a joyous post.

My favourite bit starts "after Saturday's trip to Dumfries..." Dear old Foxbarton goes on to plot the next few routine victories which will see them opening up a gap.

On said trip to Dumfries, they were four down after half an hour. After that, they never looked forward.

There's also sport to be had in looking at some posts following a pre-season friendly win over St Mirren last summer.

The things Cham was going to do to this division...

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Did Rowan Vine not bleat something about Hibs being a far bigger club than St Johnstone last summer?

He said that Hibernian were a bigger club, and were aiming higher than St Johnstone were. In reality theres nothing particularly wrong with what he said, as hes right, but a lot of saints fans hated him for it. Use him correctly and he'll be a class above this league for 70 minutes every week, use him wrongly and he'll be useless

He said that Hibernian were a bigger club, and were aiming higher than St Johnstone were. In reality theres nothing particularly wrong with what he said, as hes right, but a lot of saints fans hated him for it. Use him correctly and he'll be a class above this league for 70 minutes every week, use him wrongly and he'll be useless

That's 10 more minutes than we get from, the mediocre at best, Robertson each week.

It really is a joyous post.

My favourite bit starts "after Saturday's trip to Dumfries..." Dear old Foxbarton goes on to plot the next few routine victories which will see them opening up a gap.

On said trip to Dumfries, they were four down after half an hour. After that, they never looked forward.

Erm, 'after that' we challenged strongly for a league title, surpassing your highest league finish for 50 years in the process, while you were back in your natural haunting ground: the seaside leagues.

Still, don't let the pesky facts get in the way of your argument.

Erm, 'after that' we challenged strongly for a league title, surpassing your highest league finish for 50 years in the process, while you were back in your natural haunting ground: the seaside leagues.

Still, don't let the pesky facts get in the way of your argument.

Nope, after that you finished 8th. Another season where Morton finished below Raith Rovers.

Still, don't let the pesky facts get in the way of your argument

Yes, a year after that, a decent campaign was mounted, which collapsed into dismal failure late on.

During the campaign Foxbarton refers to however, which was clearly the one I was addressing, the good feeling evaporated so spectacularly that they finished not far ahead of us at the end.

Now obviously the season we've bounced back so strongly from was utterly disastrous, but yours was nearly as bad and has been followed later by this comedy one. Yet at the outset of both, there were Morton fans laying claim to great feelings about what lay ahead. WITHOUT IRONY.

Hilarious.

So what's the plan lads?

You going to claw back this massive deficit via some draws?

Good luck.

Aye, we're going to draw or lose every game from now 'til the end, bar a couple of unexpected and emphatic victories. We'll be the Nürnberg of the SPFL Championship.

Yes, a year after that, a decent campaign was mounted, which collapsed into dismal failure late on.

During the campaign Foxbarton refers to however, which was clearly the one I was addressing, the good feeling evaporated so spectacularly that they finished not far ahead of us at the end.

If a 'year after' was the season in which we easily surpassed your highest finish in the last 50 years, then that must mean that the very same year of the OP resulted in your humiliating relegation to the seaside leagues.

Not sure you'd be in a position to reflect on 'good feelings' then tbh.

If a 'year after' was the season in which we easily surpassed your highest finish in the last 50 years, then that must mean that the very same year of the OP resulted in your humiliating relegation to the seaside leagues.

Not sure you'd be in a position to reflect on 'good feelings' then tbh.

Indeed, which is why nobody started a thread about such feelings on here with a post so ridiculous, it's still funny almost two and a half years later.