A great feeling at Cappielow..

They're a disgrace to the division. Everybody else has made a fist of it.

SIX FUCKING NIL!

????????????

You're right, they are a disgrace. To us, the fans. How about a bit of sympathy for the ones who didn't leave at half time, like me? :(

Is Moore taking Morton anywhere? They were lower mid-table guff when he came in, and they're lower mid-table guff now.

Not that I want to interrupt the well justified piss-taking, but if I could provide a serious response to this... firstly we were relegation battlers when he took over, although admittedly that may have had more to do with James Grady being manager than the standard of the squad. Anyway, I think next season's the big season for Moore provided we stay up this season. I think we will, for all that our defence is chronic and our recent form terrible. It's easy to say we're back to only five points from ninth place, but we've two games in hand over Queens, we're level on points with Hamilton and Livingston and only one point behind Partick. While another injury to Tidser or Bachirou and continued fuckwittery from Colin Stewart, Andy Graham and Marc Smyth could see us relegated, we should be okay.

Continued lower mid-table mediocrity won't do though, and while the squad's probably too far away from being able to comfortably transform into genuine title challengers for next season, we need to be comfortably top half with no danger of relegation for Moore to be seen to be making progress. It's all well and good to say we're far better in midfield and attack than when he took over, but we're every bit as bad in defence and he signed every one of them, while he renewed Colin Stewart's contract in the summer. You can point to McCaffrey being injured if you like, but the fact remains that you shouldn't be relying on one player to hold your entire defence together, and the cover he signed at centre back, Andy Graham, is miles out of his depth. Evans has been decent at right back, but Graham is horrendous, Smyth has been just as bad without McCaffrey beside him, Forsyth at left back is just as out of depth as Graham, while after he's been injured we've been sticking out of position under-19 players there. As an illustration of this disaster area, we've conceded five goals from corners in our last two games, completely unacceptable at any level. I'm rambling on here but the point is that Moore has to take responsibility to the defence being shite, the defence being shite is why we're hovering between mid-table and relegation contenders and the defence has to be sorted next season if we're going to make any kind of progress. I certainly think it would be a knee-jerk to call for Moore to go just now, but we need some progress next season.

Carry on with the pisstake. biggrin.gif

fuckwittery from Colin Stewart, Andy Graham and Marc Smyth could see us relegated, we should be okay.

i maintain to this day marc smyth is never a central midfielder/back

the only time he was useful for us was at right back and yet when comming up against us he hasnt been used in that role by a team that i remember

Not that I want to interrupt the well justified piss-taking, but if I could provide a serious response to this... firstly we were relegation battlers when he took over, although admittedly that may have had more to do with James Grady being manager than the standard of the squad. Anyway, I think next season's the big season for Moore provided we stay up this season. I think we will, for all that our defence is chronic and our recent form terrible. It's easy to say we're back to only five points from ninth place, but we've two games in hand over Queens, we're level on points with Hamilton and Livingston and only one point behind Partick. While another injury to Tidser or Bachirou and continued fuckwittery from Colin Stewart, Andy Graham and Marc Smyth could see us relegated, we should be okay.

Continued lower mid-table mediocrity won't do though, and while the squad's probably too far away from being able to comfortably transform into genuine title challengers for next season, we need to be comfortably top half with no danger of relegation for Moore to be seen to be making progress. It's all well and good to say we're far better in midfield and attack than when he took over, but we're every bit as bad in defence and he signed every one of them, while he renewed Colin Stewart's contract in the summer. You can point to McCaffrey being injured if you like, but the fact remains that you shouldn't be relying on one player to hold your entire defence together, and the cover he signed at centre back, Andy Graham, is miles out of his depth. Evans has been decent at right back, but Graham is horrendous, Smyth has been just as bad without McCaffrey beside him, Forsyth at left back is just as out of depth as Graham, while after he's been injured we've been sticking out of position under-19 players there. As an illustration of this disaster area, we've conceded five goals from corners in our last two games, completely unacceptable at any level. I'm rambling on here but the point is that Moore has to take responsibility to the defence being shite, the defence being shite is why we're hovering between mid-table and relegation contenders and the defence has to be sorted next season if we're going to make any kind of progress. I certainly think it would be a knee-jerk to call for Moore to go just now, but we need some progress next season.

Yadda Yadda Yadda,

But seriously, you took one up the arse for the Rovers, thank f**k it wasn't us.

i maintain to this day marc smyth is never a central midfielder/back

the only time he was useful for us was at right back and yet when comming up against us he hasnt been used in that role by a team that i remember

So what position does the all seeing eye of lower league scottish football bestow on marc smyth?

Incredibly that great behemoth of spherical skills tidser was utter w**k today....astonishing

You're right. For having a bad game during a 6-0 pumping we should just ship him out to Clydebank where he belongs.

Edited by GiGi

So what position does the all seeing eye of lower league scottish football bestow on marc smyth?

its always great when someone tries to be funny and makes an arse of themselves , wanna give it another read?

Next season is always 'the big season' for Morton it seems...