Worst place you've ever worked?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GET ANOTHER JOB. Someone who can do this can work a phone, probably type and speak English. There's nowhere on the planet where harassment by phone is the only job going.

I know a few folk on my uni course who worked in call centres, they hated it but couldn't get work anywhere else so just did what they needed to so they could live. It's not as easy as "get another job".

GET ANOTHER JOB. Someone who can do this can work a phone, probably type and speak English. There's nowhere on the planet where harassment by phone is the only job going.

I notice you have ignored my question :lol:

You're obviously lucky enough to never have been seriously out of work and struggling to get by day to day. You're extremely lucky, it's just a shame you obviously don't appreciate it.

To be fair most the folks that can do the job well is because they are pushy arrogant knobbers that keep pushing until they get a sale. They know what the commission is worth tho if you don't hit target you get a crap wage/sacked

I notice you have ignored my question :lol:

You're obviously lucky enough to never have been seriously out of work and struggling to get by day to day. You're extremely lucky, it's just a shame you obviously don't appreciate it.

I was out of work a couple of years ago, at short notice and just before Christmas too. Ended up shuffling parcels off one lorry and onto smaller lorries for months. Much better than harassing folk over the phone in the evening.

To be honest, that's how folk from Lossie normally communicate.

By whistle.

La Gomera has this trait as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Gomera

The inhabitants of La Gomera have an ancient way of communicating across deep ravines by means of a whistled speech called Silbo Gomero which can be heard 2 miles away

Or these clowns could stop phoning people, how about that.

Hi Jimmy,

I know a few folk in the business and if you pm me your phone number, they'll see to it that you get no more cold calls, ever.

My parents phone number was, and still is, on TPS, but back then it made no difference. They still get the odd call but both are usually too lazy to answer the phone unless they're expecting a call from someone.

Cold calling is nothing short of harassment and who the hell wants anyone phoning them about windows in the evening? I'm keeping a whistle in my work desk drawer just in case I get any more PPI calls. :)

What do you hope to achieve from this? You'll just end up the laughing stock of your/their office and if they share the same sense of humour as me then they'd keep your number to annoy you in their spare time when they see how rattled you are by the calls.

What do you hope to achieve from this? You'll just end up the laughing stock of your/their office and if they share the same sense of humour as me then they'd keep your number to annoy you in their spare time when they see how rattled you are by the calls.

Thats some SOH. Quite possibly unique.

Thats some SOH. Quite possibly unique.

You should see his sense of outrage. It extends as far as organising protests against his club because his pals were criticised for mocking a boy with hearing difficulties. "Unique" is one word you could use.

I get excited when I get a text these days, only to find it's "YOUR LOAN APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED" or "WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT YOU REGARDING YOUR PPI CLAIM". I'm going to blow my whistle at the c***s

Not condoning the whistle, but registering with the TPS is a waste of time.

On this, the reason one person calles and asks if it is OK for someone to call the customer back is that the initial call is classed as "market research". Gets around TPS.

Archived