Worst place you've ever worked?

Have done.

They're powerless against computer cold calling.

That isn't true. They are powerless against any overseas company calling but any call from a company registered in the UK is covered.

Even if it isn't 100% effective, it's still a more reasonable step to take than blowing a whistle down the phone

Eta - jus realised that by computer calling you might have meant recorded messages. You're right, they aren't covered specifically by TPS but do come under legislation governed by the ICO. Registering with TPS should still reduce these, though. I don't even remember the last time I got a recorded message like that

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That isn't true. They are powerless against any overseas company calling but any call from a company registered in the UK is covered.

Even if it isn't 100% effective, it's still a more reasonable step to take than blowing a whistle down the phone

Eta - jus realised that by computer calling you might have meant recorded messages. You're right, they aren't covered specifically by TPS but do come under legislation governed by the ICO. Registering with TPS should still reduce these, though. I don't even remember the last time I got a recorded message like that

Really? I get 4-6 of these a day, or the ones with just silence on the other end. I'm registered with TPS but these calls are all withheld numbers.

If you want to get a cold caller in shit say you're interested and when you get the sales call say you're 85. I used to work for DM Design and they went mental if you passed over a 80+yo. The guy making the follow up call to say you won 1000 off a new kitchen would get excited when he thought he was gonna get a appointment then when he filled out the details he would be angry as f**k when they turned out to be 80+ :lol:

The job is soul destroying for normal people but some love the cheap suits and shouting at people down the phone

If you want to get a cold caller in shit say you're interested and when you get the sales call say you're 85. I used to work for DM Design and they went mental if you passed over a 80+yo. The guy making the follow up call to say you won 1000 off a new kitchen would get excited when he thought he was gonna get a appointment then when he filled out the details he would be angry as f**k when they turned out to be 80+ :lol:

The job is soul destroying for normal people but some love the cheap suits and shouting at people down the phone

Was this before or after you lost your foot and fingers?

I worked in Burger King for a summer while at uni and couldn't stand it. Shit pay, shit hours, shit conditions and the manager was a p***k. After three months I decided to just try to get sacked, cutting corners cleaning the bogs, munching on chips as I served customers, generally just going at snail's pace. Despite my best efforts it took a few shifts until the manager had a word, don't think he even gave me a specific incident, just said I was being unprofessional, someone had complained about me and he wouldn't have it. I had had the idea of just going "OK then, you can stick your job right up your arse!" and breaking some shit, but in the moment I just went "Fine, I don't even want the job, so..." and grabbed a couple of bacon doubles on my way out.

Really? I get 4-6 of these a day, or the ones with just silence on the other end. I'm registered with TPS but these calls are all withheld numbers.

I get 4-6 a week, but they seem to come in batches, I might get 3 today, none for 2 days, then 2. Aye, they're withheld numbers. It's my "work" phone they ring, I just let the answering machine click on, anything I need to answer comes through on my mobile.

What's annoying as f**k is the fucking fuckers have now moved on to mobile phones as well, leading to calls from "unknown number" on the mobiles as well. Then there's all the texts.

Last text I got I replied "f**k off. I hope you get sodomised by a rabid badger. Stop" . Didn't work though.

Go on then.

1988-Born

1993-Started School

2000-Started High School,First w**k

2004-Left School and had more wanks

2005-went to college

2006-Left College

2007-Got Married,Had a kid

2009-had another kid

2012-Had my accident

2012- Left hospital after 8months

2014- had another kid

This is a quick run down.

In the late '80's I worked for a power tool firm based in Alexandra Parade. It was a family firm run by a set of brothers from Yorkshire. Their head office was in York with various offices in Yorkshire and one in Glasgow. Each if the brothers was thicker than the other, with the thickest exiled to Glasgow, with the real brains being their younger sister. Our boss was never off the golf course and when he was in the office he regularly disappeared to the bogs with a w**k mag. I ran the office and continually beat my targets for cash collection. So much so that the b*****ds did away with cash bonuses. Each month I would get a different surprise gift. A silk dress shirt one month which wasn't that much of a surprise as the twat had asked my collar size a week earlier. A goose one December was a bigger surprise, but not as big as matching bedside lamps. They were terrible about cash and the amount of times wages went in late or short was unbelieveable. It happened one Christmas and we almost had to lock the clown in his office till he agreed to fork over cash. I eventually left when one of our clients headhunted me for a whole lot more money. He was raging when I left because I had been running the office while he fucked about.

1988-Born

1993-Started School

2000-Started High School,First w**k

2004-Left School and had more wanks

2005-went to college

2006-Left College

2007-Got Married,Had a kid

2009-had another kid

2012-Had my accident

2012- Left hospital after 8months

2014- had another kid

This is a quick run down.

When did you go to Poland?

Worst place I've worked for was a small contact centre in Bridgeton, I forget their name but I was only there for less than 2 weeks. Basically cold calling people 5 hours a day to fill out a questionnaire about paint, preferred brands, types, colours etc. You had a auto dialler and basically sat there counting the minutes every day doing something like 300 calls a day and maybe getting 5 answers. Perhaps calling people during the day when they are all at work would seem silly to most but not these people.

Anyways roll on to my 8th day there when I'm taken for a short review by the miserable faced bitch who is shagging the owner and as such acts like she owns it(they weren't married I might add) she comments that while I am averaging more numbers dialed than most of the floor and getting roughly 70-80% completion of questionnaires (which in my opinion I is pretty decent for a guy with no prior experience and a ridiculous questionnaire) my total number of questionnaires completed is rather low and unacceptable. I point out to her that someone picking up the phone is by total chance and that I have no influence over who answers the phone or not, it's a pure numbers game but she didn't accept that. I was pretty fed up in the place already and it was a dead end job, so I finished out my day and didn't go back for the next.

Archived