The Wire

BradHorse

Im on season 3 episode 10. It's just ridiculously good. It's literally flawless in my opinion. It doesn't let up at all aswell. I am preapred to be dissapointed with every series i watch after this.

Fav charachter was deangelo, or bubbles and ziggy. Only charachter that hasn't been that good is brother mouzone. All the charachters are superb though. And i defy everyone who says they would not like to be stringer bell. Everyone wants to be gangster do they not.

fav scene. Gets my heart beating.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YrSy9r0-lMg

It is indeed flawless.

Watch Louis Theroux 'Kiladeplphia' on youtube, it is the real life wire and it just hits home how realistic the show is. phenomenal

• 4 weeks later...

I've finished season one and I've now managed to fire through the first four episodes of season two.

I was slow to get in to it but by mid-season one I was hooked. The police politics and the depth of the show makes for fantastic viewing. I'm a fan of Stringer Bell but - and I probably shouldn't admit to this - I really like Rawls and Landsman. Rawls is a total c**t but a good c**t in my book, whereas Landsman hits some funny lines.

I'm looking forward to see how this season develops.

Season 1 was great but season 2 (after a period of adjustment because it's quite different from season1) and season 4 are the best ones.

Season 5 is the poorest. I don't have a problem with the newspaper guys but the way they link it up to the police via the McNulty story line and the way that story line is resolved is pretty poor.

You'd think they would have thought of a better way to examine press ethics given the amount of political corruption that goes on in the series.

Oh and I hate Stringer. He's a scumbag. It's no accident that the 'gangster' Avon is a better man than the 'money man' Stringer.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished episode 10 of season 3. I didn't really like season two that much, sure it had some highlights but overall it just felt a bit underwhelming. I'm enjoying season three. Carcetti, Dennis and Colvin are good characters.

• 3 months later...

I've just gotten through the first three seasons and i'm 3 episodes in to season 4!

Was it initially supposed to run in to a 4th and 5th series? With what happens in the final two episodes of season 3 it seems to wrap everything up regarding them looking to take down the Barksdale empire!

Can't take to this Marlo guy quite yet.

Favourite characters through the first three seasons are Stringer, Herc and Bubbles.

I've just gotten through the first three seasons and i'm 3 episodes in to season 4!

Was it initially supposed to run in to a 4th and 5th series? With what happens in the final two episodes of season 3 it seems to wrap everything up regarding them looking to take down the Barksdale empire!

Can't take to this Marlo guy quite yet.

i always thought that they wrote stringer and avon out and marginalized mcnulty as they wanted to make it less character based and more about politics.

marlo is a great character.

• 4 months later...

I just finished watching the wire and rate it up there with some of the best TV I've seen. Fav series was probably the first one. Rawles was my favourite character early on and while he was meant to be the chain of command asshole, they gave him some great scenes, like where he takes command of the crime scene after the undercover op goes wrong. Sadly he wasn't involved much in the later series. However we got Clay Davis in his place who is prob my favourite ever TV character. What a brilliant slimeball, swindling everyone, even the grand jury XD. His court scenes were immense and the way he's goin mental at people one second, then charming the f**k outta the press the next was great. And he has the best catchphrase of all time.

• 1 month later...

I'm rewatching this with my brother (his first viewing of The Wire). A second viewing is making me appreciate it even more, and I already thought it was the best thing made on TV. So much appreciation for so many characters.

Theresa D'Agostino, eh? :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm rewatching this with my brother (his first viewing of The Wire). A second viewing is making me appreciate it even more, and I already thought it was the best thing made on TV. So much appreciation for so many characters.

Theresa D'Agostino, eh? :wub:

I've watched it fully 3 times now and you pick up wee things that you completely missed the first time round. It truly is the greatest thing ever made.

• 2 weeks later...

The Wire is the best, no question about it.

I had heard good things about it before it was on the BBC who put on a few per night a wee while ago. I remember being slightly underwhelmed at first and I struggled to adjust to the Baltimore accents.

I could tell there was some potential so decided to stick with it, and was hooked about after the first couple of episodes - to the extent that I ended up buying the box-sets so I could watch them all ahead of the BBC.

The best series for me is Series 4. Series 2 was the second best. So tough to choose - the Dickensian aspect of them all.

Stringer and Omar were brilliant characters as well as Dookie. I think my favourites, though, were Chris and Snoop.

I got to about the 4th or so episode(Daniels shagged Rhonda Pearlman in the last one I watched) in season 3, and then lost the enthusiasm to watch it. Season 2 started well, but it just tailed off massively imo, the way it ended just felt so unrewarding as a viewer. Season 3 just seems to be awful in the first few episodes, tbh. Will pick it back up after giving it an extended break.

What?

Are you actually a real human being?