The Wire

BradHorse

Just finsihed Sopranos and needing a new show to move on to on nights when i'm doing nothing and rainy Sundays. Everyone harps on about this being the 'greatest show ever'. Is it worth the hype?

I'm currently working my way through season one and it's pretty bloody good so far. Definitely a slow burner though.

I'm currently working my way through season one and it's pretty bloody good so far. Definitely a slow burner though.

Hang in there,It just gets better and better as you go on.

It was worth the SKY subscription alone for me watching the whole series on SKY Atlantic.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved Season 1 but really struggling to stay interested in the start of season 2s story. Will keep going but at the moment i'm finding the episodes hard work.

I felt like that when I watched it; well, the first time anyway. Season 2 is a bit of a story by itself but by the end of season five everything makes sense and you understand why it's there.

Just watch, pay attention and remember... The Wire only has one main character - Baltimore.

• 3 months later...

Off work with the flu today which finally gives me a chance to start this. I've had the boxset for over two months but haven't got round to it

I'm with you, I've had this and 'The Soprano's" for a while and haven't got round to watching them. Got something to look forward to! :D

• 2 months later...

Just finished watching this. Watched all 5 seasons over the last two months. The first two seasons are a bit technologically dated ( I didn't realise how old it was) but it's still a fantastic series. Some great characters in there, Prop Joe, Bub and Omar were my favourites.

I was surprised to learn that the quiet old guy 'The Deacon' was in fact one of Baltimore's biggest drug dealers and the inspiration for the series, as he was busted after his calls were intercepted.

11.jpg

Edited by jester

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Going to download them and watch the lot again. Must be 5/6 years since I watched them so I'll have forgotten a fair bit.

Season 4, the pinnacle of television.

I'm also a season 2 fan, I know that one polarises opinion

4, 2,3,1, 5

I'm a series 2 man meself. Not seen it in a while either, but I'd put them as...

1. 2.

2. 5

3. 3

4. 1

5. 4