Jordan Rhodes

~~~

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish i agreed.

The SPL is a truly horrendous standard. Diddy's in charge, poor coaching, no money and clubs consistently and constantly downsizing have put paid to that.

Most SPL is kick and rush.

Danny Lennon & Kenny Shiels slabbering about this mythical passing philosophy after passing the ball around outside their own 18 yard box for a minute or two before punting it up aimlessly after any sort of pressure doesn't wash with me.

Did you not watch the League Cup Final?

I wish i agreed.

The SPL is a truly horrendous standard. Diddy's in charge, poor coaching, no money and clubs consistently and constantly downsizing have put paid to that.

Danny Lennon & Kenny Shiels slabbering about this mythical passing philosophy after passing the ball around outside their own 18 yard box for a minute or two before punting it up aimlessly after any sort of pressure doesn't wash with me.

It's not great, but neither are the Championship or League 1. The likes of Motherwell, United and Hearts would be comfortably mid-table in the Championship. Big wage bills and the Sky hype machine seem to have brainwashed rather a lot of people, but you just need to look at how players who've gone down south from the SPL have typically fared to see that there's no real difference in quality(yes, there's some exceptions, but that also goes for Championship players who've come up here).

You're being harsh on Smurn and Killie too, especially the latter. Very rare to see Killie play it long, other than diagonal passes out to the wing.

This has gone a tad off topic, to keep it off topic - the standard of League 1 is horrendous. The quality on show the other night between Sheffield United and Stevenage Borough was eye-bleedingly bad.

On topic - Oh, Rhodes, he scores goals

Most SPL sides try to play a passing game, unlike 10 years ago. That said, the standard of player, outwith the OF, is on a par with League 1, with some notable exceptions.

• 2 weeks later...

Huddersfield got promoted today after winning the play off on penalties. :)

Big question now is - will Rhodesy stay there? He seems to be a loyal bloke and Huddersfield have said more than once they have no need to sell.

TBH, selling a one chance, one goal striker like him would be daft unless the bid was premiership level. The've already knocked back £4m (I think) from West Spam earlier this year. A premier club will surely take a mild risk in investing £8-10 mill of their £60 mill a season in this lad.

All that matters to me is that he continues his scoring form next season, then at worst we have a clinical, quality Championship front man that we can potentially look to build around for the next decade. At best we could have him playing and scoring freely in the EPL.

I wish i agreed.

f**k off to the EPL if you don't like it.

And Rhodes gets his 47th of the season against Bulgaria U21s...still plenty of time for the winner :D

EDIT: And he almost gets it - scoring his 2nd in the 90th minute.....then the arse falls out of the Scotland defence and we concede straight away

FT 2-2...but 48 goals for the Rhodester...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

He's just finished a medical at Blackburn witht he view to signing for them in a deal worth £8m

I'm glad he's moving to another championship club, Better to keep playing at that level and improve than sitting on the bench at an EPL club (for now)

He's just finished a medical at Blackburn witht he view to signing for them in a deal worth £8m

I'm glad he's moving to another championship club, Better to keep playing at that level and improve than sitting on the bench at an EPL club (for now)

Yeah, not a bad move if Blackburn can provide him with plenty of chances. my only fear would be that it all implodes there (results go a bit wonky, Kean gets the sack, Venky's take a back seat again).

Agree tho that being first pick for what should be a challenging champ club is better than warming the bench for, say, Spurs.

Yeah, not a bad move if Blackburn can provide him with plenty of chances. my only fear would be that it all implodes there (results go a bit wonky, Kean gets the sack, Venky's take a back seat again).

Agree tho that being first pick for what should be a challenging champ club is better than warming the bench for, say, Spurs.

I don't think there's much chance of Kean getting the tin tack with that team. On paper they should win most games in that league.

I wish i agreed.

What is the SPL a "truly horrendous standard" in comparison to?

Watch it here, I sense you are about to make an absolute tit of yourself.

What is the SPL a "truly horrendous standard" in comparison to?

Watch it here, I sense you are about to make an absolute tit of yourself.

I watch a lot of football around Europe of similarly sized countries (e.g Scandanavia & Balcan countries,etc) and the SPL would seem to be distinctively inferior especially technically.

There's no reason or excuse why we should have professional players at the top league who can't pass the ball to a team mate from 8 yards.

I watch a lot of football around Europe of similarly sized countries (e.g Scandanavia & Balcan countries,etc) and the SPL would seem to be distinctively inferior especially technically.

There's no reason or excuse why we should have professional players at the top league who can't pass the ball to a team mate from 8 yards.

You could have just saved us all some time and just said "I'm just regurgitating hackneyed bullshit".

Archived