Hillsborough debate

Desert Nomad

Saying 99% of the Liverpool fans you have ever met is a fucking ridiculous comment unless you have met 2 in your lifetime.

I reckon if you have met a significant enough amount of Liverpool fans and still have that judgement on such a high percentage of people I would assume that truth is in fact that it's you that is the arsehole.

Ah, so have quoted four clubs there and all the liverpool fans are arseholes and the rest are all lovely chaps....

You really are a clown, and an attention seeking walloper who just wants to spout an agenda against scousers, go and lie down pal :lol:

Where did I say that? every team has an arsehole following it's just Liverpool seem to have a very large percentage of arseholes and scumbags,

Attention seeker? I'm not the one that goes round an Internet forum trolling all day.

the truth is people at the back pushed and people at the front got crushed.

apparently they don't teach newton's laws of motion on merseyside.

Gonna get in trouble for this, but f**k you.

How the f**k are folk at the back supposed to know what's happening at the front?

Open the gate by all means. But deploy police/stewards to direct the crowd from the middle pens.

FFS, are you forgetting this could have happened to any of us? :blink:

Only Ibrox and Pittidrie didn't have pens.

Arse.

I must be one of those 'twisted p***ks with a hidden agenda' then because Liverpool fans have done nothing but disgrace themselves time and time again. As the whole Suarez thing and the racist chanting at the young lad from Northampton(?) at the start of the year proved. Also 99% of Liverpool fans I have met have been complete arseholes as well.

You must hate you own club then. Bloody Airdrie, 100% of Airdrie fans iv met have been nothing but scum but i dont label every Airdrie fan as scum. Liverpool has its arseholes so as every other club. The difference is liverpool are a big club in the public eye. They also have a large number of haters who are more than happy to Publicise and exaggerate any wrong doings from its fans.

Gonna get in trouble for this, but f**k you.

How the f**k are folk at the back supposed to know what's happening at the front?

Open the gate by all means. But deploy police/stewards to direct the crowd from the middle pens.

Arse.

If traffic stops in front of you do you drive in to the back of it?

Guest Kincardine

I don't know who was responsible for putting up fences at football grounds, was that a goverment thing or was it the football authorities?

I'm pretty-sure that fencing wasn't a legal requirement but was down to individual clubs. I moved to London in the 80s and visited lots of grounds over a few years. I remember fencing at White Hart Lane. I don't remember there was ever any fencing at Highbury.

You must hate you own club then. Bloody Airdrie, 100% of Airdrie fans iv met have been nothing but scum but i dont label every Airdrie fan as scum. Liverpool has its arseholes so as every other club. The difference is liverpool are a big club in the public eye. They also have a large number of haters who are more than happy to Publicise and exaggerate any wrong doings from its fans.

No I don't hate my own club because most of the fans of my club I have met have been decent people.

Not if you can help it. Evasive action if you know what is happening.

The evasive action available that day was to stop, as it is in driving. Some people decided it was better to plough on despite the obvious resistance they must have felt.

"That looks like a hell of a crush up there, maybe if a crowd of us push from the back we could help clear it."

or

"The traffic has stopped, I wonder what's happening? Oh fuck it, carry on. I want to see what's happening."

Same thing really.

Arse.

Well said, I was at Celtic Park that day for the Scottish Cup semi final between Rangers and St Johnstone and there was a bad crush in the end the Rangers fans were in, fortunately nobody was badly injured. I can remember being in Hampden in my early teens and leaving the ground with my feet literally not touching the ground all the way out, it was terrifying tbh.

Have the FA made any comment yet as to why they chose a ground that had no valid safety certificate to host a cup semi final?

The evasive action available that day was to stop, as it is in driving. Some people decided it was better to plough on despite the obvious resistance they must have felt.

"That looks like a hell of a crush up there, maybe if a crowd of us push from the back we could help clear it."

or

"The traffic has stopped, I wonder what's happening? Oh f**k it, carry on. I want to see what's happening."

Same thing really.

Absolute pish. Sorry Sarg.

It was a 1:6 gradient going into those pens. You couldn't go back if you wanted to.

If it helps any, I was caught up in the crush at Donnington park the year before.

Absolutely feck all they could have done to help themselves.

Very sad for them. It must have been absolutely terrifiying.

Absolute pish. Sorry Sarg.

It was a 1:6 gradient going into those pens. You couldn't go back if you wanted to.

If it helps any, I was caught up in the crush at Donnington park the year before.

Absolutely feck all they could have done to help themselves.

Very sad for them. It must have been absolutely terrifiying.

The majority couldn't stop or go back because a minority at the back continued to try to get in by pushing. There has to be a starting point. Badly handled thereafter, but it was triggered by behaviour or an incident.

lol wut

Sorry i raced on there.

None of it was blamed (in the report) on late arriving/ticketless fans.Blaming the fans was one of the lies put out by south yorks police in an attempt to cover up mistakes made by them and has since been discredited.

Stunning ignorance by so many people on this thread.I can only assume that those people are either too young to have watched the scenes with their own eyes, or too thick to read the official and anecdotal reports.If David Cameron feels the need to throw the establishment under the bus surely the alarm bells must be ringing in the tiny minds of even the most dedicated of internet trolls?But then again that may not suit their agenda...

Sorry i raced on there.

None of it was blamed (in the report) on late arriving/ticketless fans.Blaming the fans was one of the lies put out by south yorks police in an attempt to cover up mistakes made by them and has since been discredited.

In the Taylor report it was, and Cameron was very concious about what rhetoric he was going to use, and he took the "do not offend" the grief merchants.