Grand Theft Auto V

San Andreas was good in the cities, but my god it was fucking murder out in the countryside, even worse if you fucked up and ended up in the river, you might have to swim for half an hour just to find a way out the river, than another 20 min run to the fucking road to steal a car

baws to that again

The countryside was the best bit, get a dirtbike then go at full pelt through the trees, fantastic.

Hated the badlands pish. In the city was awesome, but I feel as if I'm the only one who didn't like San Andreas as much. My order is (Of the new generation):

GTA 3

Vice City

GTA 4

San Andreas.

Love them all, but couldn't get into SA as much for some reason.

San Andreas was a fantastic game IMO. The map and it's surroundings told us a story on its own, like Vice City did also. GTA IV was a good game in terms of GTA games and nothing more for me because it lacked where the other 2 games mentioned excelled in. It didn't really tell the story of the time it was set that the other 2 did, but is still playable with its online modes and I play it regularly still, which is testament to the series & rockstar. The focus on that game was terrorism but it didn't push it as much as you would expect from rockstar. Maybe this was because of it being 'too early', considering it was based in their version of New York.

From the trailer for the new game it seems to focus on the economic downturn in the USA, unemployment, money and much like 'L.A', it's not as glamorous as its made out to be with its slums etc. if they can achieve showing you all of this in their own numerous but dark way, from the rich, champagne lifestyle to the other end of the spectrum and tie it in with stunning scenery (for a video game), a good shooting, driving and story engine, fun cheats, then I will be one happy bunny. From the 1st trailer, it seems that they will do all of this, which makes me more desperate to see more information from rockstar!

People were complaining on their official website saying that a month has past and nothing has been released since the trailer. Does anyone know if that's unusual?

Edited by ballymoneyyin

San Andreas was good in the cities, but my god it was fucking murder out in the countryside, even worse if you fucked up and ended up in the river, you might have to swim for half an hour just to find a way out the river, than another 20 min run to the fucking road to steal a car

baws to that again

Yeah this. If yer vehicle blew up or anything ye would have to run for ages about the fucking woods for ages before you came across anything. I personally think its rather stupid to have all that free space with nothing in it.

Yeah this. If yer vehicle blew up or anything ye would have to run for ages about the fucking woods for ages before you came across anything. I personally think its rather stupid to have all that free space with nothing in it.

Maybe so but i did love the jet packs and Harrier jump jets.

Hated the badlands pish. In the city was awesome, but I feel as if I'm the only one who didn't like San Andreas as much. My order is (Of the new generation):

GTA 3

Vice City

GTA 4

San Andreas.

Love them all, but couldn't get into SA as much for some reason.

i would swap GTA 3 with VC in that list, purely due to the onscreen hud you had, 3 was a nightmare having to check the map every block to see where the damn respray shop was,

plus the whole owning a business thing in VC was brilliant, taxi firm, drug dealing ice cream van, fucking brilliant

• 10 months later...

I read on one of the gaming websites that Rockstar have posted a press release online stating that there is ''big announcements regarding GTA V next month'' & the gaming site predicts that the release date will be included in this statement along with other information.

Personally I cany wait for this game. I'm playing Sleeping Dogs at the moment and it's pretty good but in all honesty these sort of games just pass the time until the big yin comes oot!

Was probably my favourite part of the game tbf, just getting a dirt bike or a fast car and dodging around the trees etc.

Here's a link to the news story. Hopefully you can see the picture on there.

http://uk.ign.com/ar...-by-uk-retailer

Cheers I got it now.

Also Rockstar just tweeted that its a Spring 2013 release after all.

EDIT: Cant post link 'cause im in work but here's the blurb.

"Developed by series creater Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V takes place in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California in the largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond - from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean.

Starting next week November 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto V will become available for pre-order everywhere and fans can expect a host of new information to become available in November."

Cant wait 8)

Edited by 11thHour

No mention of a PC release seems to have got quite a few folk seething.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/45951/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-spring-2013.html

Today, we're proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is expected to launch worldwide spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

actual_1351545051.jpg