Grand Theft Auto V

Thank f**k they've got rid of the dating. That was tedious as f**k. Ditto people phoning you all the time and demanding that you go bowling or they'll stop being your friend, even though you're on the other side of the map.

Thank f**k they've got rid of the dating. That was tedious as f**k. Ditto people phoning you all the time and demanding that you go bowling or they'll stop being your friend, even though you're on the other side of the map.

Aye, that was part of the reason I stopped playing IV midway through, I couldn't be arsed with all the fucking phone calls. Especially from your cousin.

I hope to f**k with such a giant map you do t have to drive for ages just to get to a mission.

Aye, it'll be interesting to see how they work it. You can jump to the other side of the map in an instant by switching characters, but if it's a mission for a specific character at the other end of the map will you have to spend 15 minutes getting that character there?

You're able to fly planes from the start so that makes it less of a problem I guess.

Aye, that was part of the reason I stopped playing IV midway through, I couldn't be arsed with all the fucking phone calls. Especially from your cousin.

Roman! What a moany wee c**t! The worst part about it was that if you stopped doing things with them, you'd lose the special items they provided (e.g. the guy who would sell you guns from his boot).

Several complex missions focussed on heists in style of "Three Leaf Clover" from GTAIV.

You can flip off other characters in the game, and see interesting results dependent on who you're flipping off.

Rockstar felt that dating wouldn't fit in this game and have stripped this feature..

Random character encounters throughout the map, much akin to those in GTAIV - but this time there's a greater variety and they're fully motion captured.

Dynamic missions, similar to Red Dead's "Random World Events" make a return. Examples include characters with broken down cars, a hitch hiker, or two parked cars with dead bodies around them - which you can investigate to initiate dynamic missions.

GTAV's game world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined!

Planes

ee6Wn.gif

Roman! What a moany wee c**t! The worst part about it was that if you stopped doing things with them, you'd lose the special items they provided (e.g. the guy who would sell you guns from his boot).

The trick is to accept, then immediately call back and cancel. You don't lose any favour that way. smile.gif

More info released today:

• Underwater world (with underwater caves) and diving equipment confirmed.
  • Side-missions similar to Taxi, Ambulance and Vigilante will be back but "probably not identical to the ones in previous GTAs" because they wouldn't fit in with the 3 main character personalities, but the "three will have odd jobs to do".
  • Trevor will be the skilled helicopter pilot, Franklin the skilled driver and sniper, Michael the "smooth operator", skilled and versatile.
  • Franklin is looking for a mentor and he finds one in Mike after they meet during one of Franklin's repo man jobs.
  • Trevor is inspired by the typical GTA player that only roams around the game creating havoc, death and destruction.
  • Mission types will vary among "big and small events , explosive, infiltration, super spectacular, family issues, invasion, hostage recovery, heists and robberies. Plus classic GTA missions but updated and improved."
  • Cover mechanics have been greatly improved and cover will be very important in the gameplay.
  • About the economy, Dan Houser says: "You will be able to spend money to buy interesting and fun things like expensive toys. We are still working on the economy but it will be a strong element in the game and players will be eager to make money to spend money. Something along the lines of "I went through all of this to make all this money and now I'm going to spend it on this crazy item."
  • Dynamic music during missions (similar to games like L.A. Noire)
  • No co-op for single player missions, but co-op modes will be featured in multiplayer.
  • Big focus on multiplayer with a lot of content to keep players busy.
  • The song Radar Love was heard playing on the in-game radio.
  • Alamo Sea is the name of the Salton Sea like area.
  • Radial menu to select the 3 protagonists.
  • Switching in missions partially scripted - meaning, at times character switching will happen automatically.
  • In final part of a mission in the demo, the player can decide which character to use.
  • There are multiple different endings in the storyline which depend on the choices you made throughout the game.
  • The storyline takes around 25 hours to complete.
  • Map open from beginning, with the exception of some protected areas.
  • A certain amount of money will be needed to gain access to some missions.
  • There is a functioning ecosystem teeming with wildlife.

Here is IGN's preview.

Here is the Guardian's preview.

Next trailer is out on Wednesday!

I like the idea that the map is open from the beginning, I assume the protected areas will be things like the airport, military base etc. I'm definitely going to pre order this.