Grand Theft Auto V

So here I am sat in work minding my own business, as always in work I am ignoring the background noise of Radio 2, then I suddenly hear 'Looks like we got ourselves a convoy'

cornette.png

This has made me want to go home and play, right fucking now.

I feel like i'm stuck in limbo on the second heist, so looking for some help....

I chose the offshore option, so went to the dock and released the sub before taking it ashore and parking it undercover. Since then i've had no prompts for this mission, switching between the characters is only offering stranger missions/random encounters. I've returned to their safe-houses, tried calling one another etc but nothing is working.

I have the FIB 'B' icon on the map, but when i explore i can't find any trigger point. However, i don't think this is related to the second heist. Edit 2: Found Dave and triggered the first FIB mission

I tried going back through the thread, but after 10-15 pages i couldn't see anyone with the same issues. Cheers for any help!

Edit: looks like this is a known issue

Edited by Adrian84

Has anyone had issues with the cloud service not working? ( since all the updates I mean). I was playing earlier and had a message saying the Rockstar cloud service was unavailable and the game couldn't be saved but then two seconds later got a message saying save successful. I then continued playing for a while ranking up three times and making about 25k before going back into singleplayer.

Just before I went back to singleplayer I stole a pedestrians car and then 2 seconds later got a message from unkown saying I had stole their ride and they were gonna have me killed and I then had a 5k bounty placed on me, at whch point I went back to singleplayer. I've now just gone back online but I am back three levels and haven't got any of the money I made earlier, which makes me think there's a problem with the cloud and it hasn't saved but at the same time I still have that bounty on me, so I don't what the f**k is going on.

I am quite annoyed by it all.

Has anyone had issues with the cloud service not working? ( since all the updates I mean). I was playing earlier and had a message saying the Rockstar cloud service was unavailable and the game couldn't be saved but then two seconds later got a message saying save successful. I then continued playing for a while ranking up three times and making about 25k before going back into singleplayer.

Just before I went back to singleplayer I stole a pedestrians car and then 2 seconds later got a message from unkown saying I had stole their ride and they were gonna have me killed and I then had a 5k bounty placed on me, at whch point I went back to singleplayer. I've now just gone back online but I am back three levels and haven't got any of the money I made earlier, which makes me think there's a problem with the cloud and it hasn't saved but at the same time I still have that bounty on me, so I don't what the f**k is going on.

I am quite annoyed by it all.

Don't blame you mate, that's total BS. Rockstar claim these updates are fixing the game, are they really? They seem more interested in forcing thier Micro transactions on us than improving the cloud service, I'm losing money all the time.

I expect alot more from Rockstar and they have never been this sloppy in the past.

I think we need to bear in mind that we're right at the beginning of a long term project here. There were always going to be issues and they were always going to tinker with balance in the month or so following release. Its impossible to predict or account for everything that might happen on a project of this scale when it goes to public release.

The fucking same thing happened again! Went on for about 45 mins there, managed to make back most of the money I lost from a few races and killing a guy with a big bounty on him, I'm just about to leave to go to the football so I decided to go back into singleplayer via the menu to see if that would work better but no. Went back online to check and there I am back at level twenty and none of the money or stats I just earned.

Seriously pissed off with it and there's really no point in me playing it again until there's an update to deal with it.

I think we need to bear in mind that we're right at the beginning of a long term project here. There were always going to be issues and they were always going to tinker with balance in the month or so following release. Its impossible to predict or account for everything that might happen on a project of this scale when it goes to public release.

I can understand that, especially with things like the servers not working well at first, and the people that were going mental at rockstar were ridiculous but when it can't even save your progress it kind of makes it difficult to want to continue playing.

New update out, no longer can friends join you for jobs if they are too low a level. And from what ive read all jobs with a payout of 9000 or more have had thier rewards halved. Base invaders, for example was a tricky 25k high level mission invading the military base, destroying fighter jets and stealing a chopper. Is now only worth 12.5k. Still think Rockstar arent trying to blackmail users into buying money rather than earning it slowly?

that is still my belief, it would be the same if they didnt have mocrotransactions. Infact the thing you're talking about is almost the exact thing I was talking about. I'm a bit gutted at the not being able to play missions with higher level friends thing, but if thats what it takes to stop people exploiting it then so be it...

that is still my belief, it would be the same if they didnt have mocrotransactions. Infact the thing you're talking about is almost the exact thing I was talking about. I'm a bit gutted at the not being able to play missions with higher level friends thing, but if thats what it takes to stop people exploiting it then so be it...

The games built around mindlessly replaying the same boring missions, but Rockstar start bitching if people are just replaying one mission a few times to make a few quid rather than fork out real money, "Oh yeah you gotta grind out our repetitive missions, just not that way" I know there's c***s out there who glitch and spam and exploit the game for millions quickly, but all these changes don't affect the exploiters, they will continue regardless, but it ruins the game for the average joe and makes it more of a chore than a laugh.

Rockstar are clearly trying to push people towards those micro transactions tho, which is really low for them, leave that shite to EA.

My mate had been trying to ask Rockstar about this on thier forums and Rockstar ignore his questions and delete his comments instead. It's all properly underhanded EA actions I'm seeing here.

Thing is micro transactions aren't even available yet, andwhat is in the game is only a ffraction of what it will eventually be. If this was IT then I'd agree with you. We're basically testers tho.and it was always going to be this way

The games built around mindlessly replaying the same boring missions, but Rockstar start bitching if people are just replaying one mission a few times to make a few quid rather than fork out real money, "Oh yeah you gotta grind out our repetitive missions, just not that way" I know there's c***s out there who glitch and spam and exploit the game for millions quickly, but all these changes don't affect the exploiters, they will continue regardless, but it ruins the game for the average joe and makes it more of a chore than a laugh.

Rockstar are clearly trying to push people towards those micro transactions tho, which is really low for them, leave that shite to EA.

My mate had been trying to ask Rockstar about this on thier forums and Rockstar ignore his questions and delete his comments instead. It's all properly underhanded EA actions I'm seeing here.

Blaahhhh, you keep saying the same thing but without actually making a point that makes sense. You cant use most of the in game money until you're a high enough level anyway, so your point is nonsense. The changes do effect the people exploiting the way the game is set up, people were joining the high level missions with high xp rewards and replaying them to boost their level so what theyve done is exactly what will stop them. Also is there not something like 100+ missions already?

Blaahhhh, you keep saying the same thing but without actually making a point that makes sense. You cant use most of the in game money until you're a high enough level anyway, so your point is nonsense. The changes do effect the people exploiting the way the game is set up, people were joining the high level missions with high xp rewards and replaying them to boost their level so what theyve done is exactly what will stop them. Also is there not something like 100+ missions already?

They claimed 500 "jobs" at release, but didn't tell us that all deathmatches and races, survivals, and any other modes are classed as jobs.

They have lowered the money you can make and are increasing the costs of buying.

You can buy any house or car online by level 5, which is pretty much the only thing to make money for. So your claim that money is useless at a low level is a load of bollocks. And it takes half an hour tops to unlock everything that matters for the cars by racing a mate.

Thing is micro transactions aren't even available yet, andwhat is in the game is only a ffraction of what it will eventually be. If this was IT then I'd agree with you. We're basically testers tho.and it was always going to be this way

They delayed release for nearly 6 months and then delayed online for a further 2 weeks and it was still broken and unplayable. If you think that's acceptable then there's no point discussing anything further.

Rockstar have been hallmarks of quality gaming for years, the online was and still is far from quality. 3 patches and the problems people had from day one are still there. They appear less often admittedly, but there's people out there still struggling to get online at all. And they released the game fully aware of how bad it was, they warned us before release, but still left the store open knowing how bad the service was.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

It wasn't broken and unplayable. I played quite a lot (as did you iirc). It had and has a lot of shit to be ironed out.

And of course they want people to buy their cards. They're going to be supporting this for a long time, adding content and shit and last I checked they're not a charity. They don't want people to have the best shit in the game after playing for a few weeks. They want that shit to be earned (or bought). Seems fair enough to me

As a PC user I'm totally aware of how fucked games can be on release. Rockstars first ever real online offering involving an actual economy and persistent characters was always going to have a rocky start. You should be glad you were.in early enough to make the money you have tbh as its not going to be as.easy for those.joining from here on in

It was a mistake to sell cards early and they've closed the store quickly once they realised how fucked it was.

Edited by madwullie

It wasn't broken and unplayable. I played quite a lot (as did you iirc). It had and has a lot of shit to be ironed out.

And of course they want people to buy their cards. They're going to be supporting this for a long time, adding content and shit and last I checked they're not a charity. They don't want people to have the best shit in the game after playing for a few weeks. They want that shit to be earned (or bought). Seems fair enough to me

As a PC user I'm totally aware of how fucked games can be on release. Rockstars first ever real online offering involving an actual economy and persistent characters was always going to have a rocky start. You should be glad you were.in early enough to make the money you have tbh as its not going to be as.easy for those.joining from here on in

It was a mistake to sell cards early and they've closed the store quickly once they realised how fucked it was.

I was lucky when it came to the online release, I had problems with it sure, but it's nothing compared to how it was for many people. And all the stuff I have in the game was earned, it bloody took alot of hours and patience with the games problems to get to my level. I'm just glad I haven't ever lost my character progression. Worst I've lost is a house, and a combined total of like 200k.

The rewards for some missions are a joke, and if Rockstar were balancing the rewards, making easy jobs pay less and make hard jobs pay what they are worth, then I could understand, but all I'm seeing is rewards going down.

They claimed 500 "jobs" at release, but didn't tell us that all deathmatches and races, survivals, and any other modes are classed as jobs.

They have lowered the money you can make and are increasing the costs of buying.

You can buy any house or car online by level 5, which is pretty much the only thing to make money for. So your claim that money is useless at a low level is a load of bollocks. And it takes half an hour tops to unlock everything that matters for the cars by racing a mate.

You cant buy any car upgrades, weapons or their upgrades, most clothing items until you reach a high enough level to unlock them. What difference does it make what races and deathmatches get classed as? Its a game mode the same as everything else and there should be plenty to keep you entertained, its your problem if not. I really think you need to calm down over this and give your conspiracy theories a rest.

You cant buy any car upgrades, weapons or their upgrades, most clothing items until you reach a high enough level to unlock them. What difference does it make what races and deathmatches get classed as? Its a game mode the same as everything else and there should be plenty to keep you entertained, its your problem if not. I really think you need to calm down over this and give your conspiracy theories a rest.

All of the car upgrades that matter, engine, transmission and turbo are unlocked winning races. The best paint schemes are unlocked thru racing also.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

All of the car upgrades that matter, engine, transmission and turbo are unlocked winning races. The best paint schemes are unlocked thru racing also.

And having a good car is a necessity? You're forgetting that for a $25k outlay on a garage you can get a free Elegy RH8 - which is a great car - even without upgrades.