Grand Theft Auto V

I want the jet pack, ability to fly planes and access parachutes (a la Gay Tony).

Loved GTA IV, used up such a crazy amount of my life completing the story mode. Sure it was 60+ hours. Well worth it. Parodied our crazy capitalist lifestyle perfectly. Well, if we had access to military equipment etc. that is.

I want the jet pack, ability to fly planes and access parachutes (a la Gay Tony).

Loved GTA IV, used up such a crazy amount of my life completing the story mode. Sure it was 60+ hours. Well worth it. Parodied our crazy capitalist lifestyle perfectly. Well, if we had access to military equipment etc. that is.

I went to play GTA IV the other week there and my saved game was gone somehow! I was fucking raging. I wasnt about to start it all over again as, like yourself, I invested a crazy amount of time in it and couldn't do it again!

I've completed the IV story on both Xbox and PS3. Doing it for a second time gave me an opportunity to try a few things differently, including the end. I preferred the ending I chose initially on the Xbox - Revenge. Killing Jimmy Peg infront of the Statue of Happiness was highly pleasing, the chase part in the helicopter immediately before hand was a pain in the arse though.

It took me what seemed like forever to get past that helicopter chase bit, kept f*cking up at it just you climb in the helicopter and then have to gain control of it and chase the guy in front (if I remember correctly). It took me too long to gain control of the thing and the target got away. Eventually after umteen attempts I managed it.

Although a summer release would be annoying, I wouldn't necessarily be too disappointed as so many big games get released between now and Christmas it would be nice for a proper good game to come out around then when there isn't usually much going and the autumn/winter load of games become boring.

General Information:

There are 3 playable main characters. Their names are Trevor, Franklin and Michael.

You can switch between them at any point when not on a mission. When you switch, the camera zooms out into the sky and then back down to the character you switched to.

You can switch to another playable character during missions where they work together. This happens instantly.

Each one has its own personality, motivations and skillset. When you're not controlling them, their lifes continue and you may be surprised to see what situations they find themselves in when you switch back.

Each character has own story arc

Several complex missions focussed on heists in style of "Three Leaf Clover" from GTAIV.

Some characters from GTAIV will make an appearance in V. Niko won't be one of them.

During research, Rockstar took over a quarter million photos this time!

Census information and vehicle sales data were used as a guide to depict the game world.

Features:

You can flip off other characters in the game, and see interesting results dependent on who you're flipping off.

Vehicle physics have been updated. "The cars hold to the ground a bit better". It now feels more like a racing game, compared to GTA IV where they felt "big and boatlike".

After a hiatus in GTAIV, Ammu-Nation is back!

A lot of new side activities, including yoga, jet sking, base-jumping, tennis and golfing on a full golf course!

Rockstar felt that dating wouldn't fit in this game and have stripped this feature.

Bowling, Strip Clubs, Live comedy, Internet cafes and in-game TV make a return.

Mobile phone will return, but friends won't be calling as often as they did in GTAIV. It will be more streamlined and used for things like emails and Internet browsing.

Random character encounters throughout the map, much akin to those in GTAIV - but this time there's a greater variety and they're fully motion captured.

Dynamic missions, similar to Red Dead's "Random World Events" make a return. Examples include characters with broken down cars, a hitch hiker, or two parked cars with dead bodies around them - which you can investigate to initiate dynamic missions.

Dynamic "state machines" were coded in the game, allowing non-playable characters to go about their daily lifes. For example, you may see gardeners and cleaners waiting at the bus stop in the morning, and then find them tending the gardens and houses in the game's fictional Beverly Hills later on in the day.

Locations:

GTAV's game world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined!

Fully explorable Mount Chiliad

A military base

Salton Sea region

Wine country

Wilderness

Fully explorable ocean floor along the coastline

Vehicles:

BMX

Mountain Bikes

Road Bikes

Dirt bikes

Planes

Variety of cars and trucks

Helicopters

ATVs

Jet Skis

Character Profiles:

Michael

Michael is a retired bank robber, who made a deal with the FIB and is currently in the witness protection program.

Lives in a mansion in Rockford Hills (based on real-life Beverly Hills.

Married to wife Amanda, and has a teenage daughter named Tracy and teenage son Jimmy.

Trevor

The white bald character.

Lives in a trailer in Blaine County (desert).

Franklin

In the demo, he was driving around Vespucci Beach in his 9F (equivalent to Audio R8).

Not a fan of the whole three characters thing, just sounds like it could get a bit messed up and shit, I liked taking the character from living in shitehole in shit clothes to cutting around in a suit with many mansions, you almost started to feel "connected" to the character, you ain't going to get that with three characters.

Not once when playing GTA have I thought "Gee, I really wish I could switch to a a different guy in a random situation". Interesting though that they have teenagers in this.

http://imgur.com/a/8vOrJ

Game Informer's full article on it there. The multiple characters thing could go wrong but could be done very well. Sounds like you can almost tailor the game to be how you want it in missions where they're all together, you can choose to be the driver or the shooter type thing. Will give it more replay value too, although if the game's that big that probably wasn't going to be much of a problem in the first place.