French magazine office firebombed...

Swampy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you've got more in common with religious nutters than you may care to admit. The Pope for starters.

You have a tendency to make glib remarks that make no sense and are foundationless.

I have no time for organised religion including Catholicism which is probably the most incidious of the 'popular' indigenous religions (the wee frees may be as bad but they're pretty limited in their influence).

The funny thing is my views on Islam would probably have me branded an islamaphobic.

My support for Palestine is despite the majority of Palestinians being Muslims, certainly not because of it.

I have no time for organised religion including Catholicism which is probably the most incidious of the 'popular' indigenous religions (the wee frees may be as bad but they're pretty limited in their influence).

Half of my mother's family (up Turriff way) are Wee Frees. They are some scary b*****ds, making these Islamists look like pussies. They're the Cosa Nostra of the Protestant world.

• 3 weeks later...

Not very large and all quite sensible from the article you linked.

There's no such thing as free speech and never has been, the same as your pretended faith in the US 2nd amendment. Slagging off a 1/4 of the world's population from a Cartman like "freedom of speech, I do what I waant!" justification doesn't wash, and if they'd been right wingers drawing pictures of Jews drinking Christian babies blood they'd have been banged up, or closed down at least. It doesn't remotely come near justifying what happened to them, but that's what the protesters were saying anyway.

Did you buy a copy of Charlie Hebdo? If so, you might be getting a knock on the door soon.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/feb/10/police-several-forces-seek-details-charlie-hebdo-readers

Several British police forces have questioned newsagents in an attempt to monitor sales of a special edition of Charlie Hebdo magazine following the Paris attacks, the Guardian has learned.

Officers in Wiltshire, Wales and Cheshire have approached retailers of the magazine, it has emerged, as concerns grew about why police were attempting to trace UK-based readers of the French satirical magazine.

Wiltshire police apologised on Monday after admitting that one of its officers had asked a newsagent to hand over the names of readers who bought a special “survivors’ issue” of the magazine published after its top staff were massacred in Paris last month.

The case in Corsham, Wiltshire, was thought to be an isolated incident but it has since emerged that Cheshire constabulary and Dyfed-Powys police have also approached newsagents over the sale of Charlie Hebdo.

In at least two cases – in Wiltshire and in Presteigne, Wales – officers have requested that newsagents hand over the names of customers who bought the magazine.

A free speech event in Copenhagen featuring a Swedish cartoonist who drew caricatures of Muhammad has been attacked, one killed. A few hours later a synagogue in Copenhagen was also attacked, one person killed.

Danish police have just released that they've shot and killed someone in Copenhagen.

Archived