The 'Sauchie Juniors' Thread

Supermiller

I usually get welcomed like that!

the banter was excellent - wonderful crowd for a Monday night

Good job Mussy , I spoke to you 2nd half but I wish we could have put on a better show for your 1st time filming us .

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U have to be kidding taurus there was only ever gonna be one winner and the boys played well enough.

Don't think so Elite , when we've got to bring on that shitey sub we're scraping the bottom of the barrel .:lol:

Good job Mussy , I spoke to you 2nd half but I wish we could have put on a better show for your 1st time filming us .

I really enjoyed the game, thought both teams did extremely well. Not the easiest of places to play. at times Arnistons defending was fantastic for a team that has lost a few this season i was impressed with them.

The Sub and two free kicks changed the game - but very happy to see a different formation and eventual breaking down that Sauchie played.

Best thing for me was the support - some clubs struggle for a home support like your travelling fans - yes maybe 1 or 2 were there for the special game but still a Monday night to pull that crowd was terrific.

So the season is now over for Sauchie and to say it has been fantastic would be a fair comment.

After promotion last season as Champions I think consolidation in the premier league would have been in order but to go on and win the league was brilliant.

Beat on penalties in the semi final of East of Scotland last night was dissappointing, beat by BoNess in the Scottish with the last kick of the ball, and losing to Newburgh in the Fife and Lothians and Newtongrange in the league cup semi.

Last nights defeat will probably make people associated with the club feel down a bit but everyone should be proud of what has been achieved this season.

So the season is now over for Sauchie and to say it has been fantastic would be a fair comment.

After promotion last season as Champions I think consolidation in the premier league would have been in order but to go on and win the league was brilliant.

Beat on penalties in the semi final of East of Scotland last night was dissappointing, beat by BoNess in the Scottish with the last kick of the ball, and losing to Newburgh in the Fife and Lothians and Newtongrange in the league cup semi.

Last nights defeat will probably make people associated with the club feel down a bit but everyone should be proud of what has been achieved this season.

Well said, terrific achievement.

A supporter's review of our season :-

I'd like to give a wee review of our season , I'd like to remind guys I'm not an official with the club the views I express are mine .

Congratulations to everyone at the club who gave us a marvelous season , Premier league champions , semi finalists in the East of Scotland and League cups 4th round of the Fife and Lothians and Beaten by Boness in the Scottish . It's the best season I can remember and all credit goes to Fraser , Davey and Simmy and the players they've assembled . They've gave us some good times this season and the way they play the game has brought the supporters out so much so I would say we were the best supported team in the Premier this season Lets hope we can hold onto them as other teams must be coveting them .

Our best performance this season I reckon was the league cup win over Boness .

Our worst was against Glenrothes away in the league with home games against Broxburn (league) and Newburgh(F&L) close behind .With last nights game up there as well .

Best side we've played is Penicuik . They were outstanding against us at Beechwood in the league , we mugged them 1-0 and it was the best performance by any side I've seen at Beechwood in years . It was played early in the season and I remember thinking if this is the standard of the Premier we'll be lucky to stay up !

The worst I've seen was Glenrothes away in the league . This is only watching them on that 1 occassion and they beat us 4-2 they were better at Beechwood and results proved they weren't the worst but on that occassion they were.

We played , i believe 6 Super league sides and the best team I saw was Boness in the Scottish when they beat us 3-2 . The conditions were terrible but both sides delivered a cracking junior tie . Boness were 2 up when we fought back to 2-2 but Boness didn't give up and scored late on to win the tie showing great fight .

Worst Super league side was Boness again . There performance in the league cup at Sauchie lacked all the fight they showed in the Scottish but we did play great that night . Got to say I wasnit impressed by Lithgae when we beat them in the EOS , Bathgate were a good side when we played them in the league cup but Boness get the vote .

I know we had trouble with the ground and had a few games off but without the work from Tam on the park we'd have had more games off and that could have cost us the league , well done Tam . Also all the Committee seem to have there act together and are all pulling in the same direction in moving Sauchie forward . Again thanks to all at Sauchie for giving us the fans a memorable season and good luck for next ,I'll see yous there ,

Thanks Taurus .

Best side we've played is Penicuik . They were outstanding against us at Beechwood in the league , we mugged them 1-0 and it was the best performance by any side I've seen at Beechwood in years . It was played early in the season and I remember thinking if this is the standard of the Premier we'll be lucky to stay up !

Thanks for the recognition but unfortunately you guys succeeded whereas we didn't - Congratulations on your 'CHAMPIONI' season and all the very best for next season.

Archived