The 'What did you get for Xmas' Thread.

Usual things mixed with a few surprises. Smellies, chocolates, alcohol and clothes being the usual. A fitbit charge hr (had made a hint about this a few months ago as I was beginning to pile on pounds) and a chilli sauce skull (goes nice with my vodka skull on the shelf) were nice surprises

2 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I bought three of those boxes which have three jigsaws in them then explained toy kids that although they were of their favourite characters they were to be donated kids not so fortunate. They thought it was good idea.

(that sounds like a Facebook fishing for likes post sorry!)

They were probably just hoping you'd make them some food after staying in your bedroom with that weird whirring noise all day.

31 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I bought three of those boxes which have three jigsaws in them then explained toy kids that although they were of their favourite characters they were to be donated kids not so fortunate. They thought it was good idea.

(that sounds like a Facebook fishing for likes post sorry!)

It is kids that really buy into the whole part about other kids missing out.  You did a good thing.

While I posted what we did due to context of the forum we try to focus any publicity on the people who are giving rather than the project workers running it.  

Although there was a day spent outside Tesco dressed as Santa when a wee girl said she wanted a wee brother for Christmas.  Mum shat herself...I said Santa did not think he was able to promise that as so many children missing out abut I did offer mum on the quiet to come back later if she wanted to discuss it with Santa...thankfully she got the joke.

Edited by Sugar Army

1 minute ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Anyone who calls aftershave 'smellies' should be hung at dawn. What c***s

I doubt they wash either, all these posters getting deodorant and soap are getting an unsubtle hint imo.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

At least she tried.

And i was me thinking the strange smell was me!

On the flip side you can get some chancers when it comes to adults.

One self referred asking for help for toys but after a quick Facebook check she had posted in October that she had so many toys bought for Christmas that she was struggling to find places to hide them.

Another was claiming she was struggling financially to pay for everything and not just Christmas..a bit of financial support from a project we got to help her revealed she had an income of £700 a week!

1 minute ago, Sugar Army said:

And i was me thinking the strange smell was me!

On the flip side you can get some chancers when it comes to adults.

One self referred asking for help for toys but after a quick Facebook check she had posted in October that she had so many toys bought for Christmas that she was struggling to find places to hide them.

Another was claiming she was struggling financially to pay for everything and not just Christmas..a bit of financial support from a project we got to help her revealed she had an income of £700 a week!

I used to work for a charity delivering furniture and household stuff on referral, mostly from donations but sometimes brand new stuff like cookers. Quite often stuff would appear on Ebay or Gumtree a week later, and even a local auction house. Hard to prove so I don't think it was ever chased up. Most of the time people were really grateful, occasionally they were ungrateful sods, especially after you'd lumped a sofa up 4 flights of stairs and were told to take it away as it didn't match the decor.

8 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

IMG_1482706822.203577.jpg

The Mrs asked a few weeks ago "You wear vans trainers sometimes don't you? What size?"

So I got these today!

It's the thought that counts...

I think she needs a kick in the pie :P