The 'What did you get for Xmas' Thread.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:
1 hour ago, Co.Down Hibee said:
Nice and central, crown bar aand Robinsons just across the road .

Would appreciate tips on other things to do, places to eat/drink.

If you're a game of thrones fan then the coach tours are very good ,show you all the places they film in here.

The titanic exhibition is worth a look 

If you like whiskey the bushmills distillery is a good day out .

Befast itself is a smashing place to walk round along the quay and xustom house square.

Loads of shops with the victoria centre being a popular spot.

As for pubs it depends what your into but kelly cellars is a very iconic city centr bar,great daytime spot. The Empire is a great place for music as is the Limelight. If you like clubs then you're asking the wrong man lol. 

1 hour ago, Romeo said:
2 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:
Nice and central, crown bar aand Robinsons just across the road .

Would appreciate tips on other things to do, places to eat/drink.

The Cathedral quarter often has things going on, there's a fringe type festival in January that was on when I was there last, lots of whacky stuff and some decent bands.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The Cathedral quarter often has things going on, there's a fringe type festival in January that was on when I was there last, lots of whacky stuff and some decent bands.

I stayed a night in a Belfast hotel a few years ago - I think it was the Easy Hotel - it was close to the Waterfront area.

What I remember most about the place was a sign above the reception desk advising that 24 hour room service was available from 6pm until midnight.

4 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I stayed a night in a Belfast hotel a few years ago - I think it was the Easy Hotel - it was close to the Waterfront area.

What I remember most about the place was a sign above the reception desk advising that 24 hour room service was available from 6pm until midnight.

When I was there last the whole place from the Airport and into town was plastered with "Belfast, the City that built the Titanic!" signs. You'd have thought they'd be keeping quiet about that, but maybe it's better than "Belfast, the City with the most bombed hotel on the planet!".

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

When I was there last the whole place from the Airport and into town was plastered with "Belfast, the City that built the Titanic!" signs. You'd have thought they'd be keeping quiet about that, but maybe it's better than "Belfast, the City with the most bombed hotel on the planet!".

The caveat is that 'It was fine when it left here'

10 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Did anyone else get an Amazon Echo Dot in their stocking?

If so have you found anything useful you can do with it?

I got one last year but I've been wary about switching it on as it's basically a live microphone continually connected to a big computer with AI capabilities. You can train it up to be very bad though, which could be fun.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/24/amazons-alexa-told-echo-owners-kill-foster-parents-8281039/

Amazon Echo
Assassins Creed Odyssey
Fallout 76
3 craft beer sets (totalling 15 different beers)
Tennants gift set
Jager gift set
Jack daniels fudge
Jack Daniels gift set
Lynx Africa
Trainers x 2

Plus a couple of polo tops.

If you're a game of thrones fan then the coach tours are very good ,show you all the places they film in here.
The titanic exhibition is worth a look 
If you like whiskey the bushmills distillery is a good day out .
Befast itself is a smashing place to walk round along the quay and xustom house square.
Loads of shops with the victoria centre being a popular spot.
As for pubs it depends what your into but kelly cellars is a very iconic city centr bar,great daytime spot. The Empire is a great place for music as is the Limelight. If you like clubs then you're asking the wrong man lol. 
Cheers man, will check a few of those things out.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I got one last year but I've been wary about switching it on as it's basically a live microphone continually connected to a big computer with AI capabilities. You can train it up to be very bad though, which could be fun.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/24/amazons-alexa-told-echo-owners-kill-foster-parents-8281039/

That sounds like good advice - thanks.

Did anyone else get an Amazon Echo Dot in their stocking? If so have you found anything useful you can do with it? 

It’s more the long game than anything else for me. I use mine all the time to play music, pause and play the tv, set timers for food etc. find my phone (as I live alone and misplace it often). Nothing exciting but use it every day and would def miss it.