Sherlock - BBC

~~~

Wasn't that keen on it. It was watchable until later on in the show, then it just became a bit of a mess.

However, I'm still looking forward to the new series and as always, Mycroft stole the show; Mark Gattis is excellent.

I hear that the League of Gentlemen is making a return. Looking forward to that too.

Edited by Scary Bear

I didn't really enjoy it but I understand how hard it is to make a one off episode and make it exciting without majorly affecting the storyline of the series.

It was a bit of a clusterfuck from beginning to end with it trying to be smarter than it needed to be.

Quite enjoyed it, but it tried to be a bit too clever towards the end. Up until that point I'd quite liked the idea that they were setting a story in the 19th C just for the hell of it, in complete isolation from the rest of the show.

Thought that was probably my favourite of all of them so far. There are so many references to the finer points of the books, for one thing, but I thought it served as a perfect bridge to the next series, with hints and clues along the way. It was also the funniest episode so far.

I've also been completely won around by the Moriarty character.

Utter tosh. Too clever by half and not nearly enough sleuthing. The fact it featured the shite, miscast, misplayed Moriarty *again* didn't help matters.

The first two seasons of this were fantastic but three of the last four episodes have really shite. Very disappointing :-(

Yeah I'm the same. Everything's based around Moriarty it seems, I've never read the books but he's annoying me, seems needless him popping up all the time.

I like him just solving the cases, it's superb when done properly, I just finished watching the Special there. Very disappointing.

Eta: it reminded me of inception!

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Got to admit i'm not a huge fan of Moriarty in the series either. When he's on screen all i see is an actor acting which completely takes me out of the episode. It's almost a good performance by the actor but there's just something slightly off about his performance that is enough to make me not enjoy it.