Sherlock - BBC

~~~

I did wonder why actress who played the daughter wasn't listed in the credits.

Spoiler

Sherlock's sister (I thought I'd spoiler it just in case there are people reading this thread that have forgot the next episode has aired). I only clicked about a minute before she revealed who she was, I'm usually better at spotting those kind of things :lol:. Although, i dont think there weren't too many clues, until she revealed herself

Makes sense now.

I thought that was bloody brilliant. I enjoyed last weeks but it was much better with an actual case which has been pointed out on here. I'm really looking forward to next weeks episode.

Agreed. That was one of the best episodes I've seen I reckon.

I was starting to give up a bit after last week.

Fantastic episode, I loved it. I am quite surprised to have read a couple of newspaper reviews this morning that are quite negative. One said it was confusing which made me laugh as I thought it was relatively straightforward for a Sherlock episode!

Utterly brilliant episode.  I wasn't as down on episode one as some others, but The Lying Detective blows it out the water.  I'd genuinely say that was one of the best pieces of television I've ever seen.  Brilliant acting, strangely moving, four or five laugh-out-loud moments...

Anyone tempted to give up after episode one should stick this out.

12 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Fantastic episode, I loved it. I am quite surprised to have read a couple of newspaper reviews this morning that are quite negative. One said it was confusing which made me laugh as I thought it was relatively straightforward for a Sherlock episode!

Worked on a genuine case which tied in neatly with the major plot line . Not sure how anyone Was left confused after last nights episode , even tied up a few of the loose end left from last week 

Excellent episode. The only complaint I have about the show is that after next week, it'll be another couple of years before we get another! Especially given the fact that it'll end on some bat-shit mental cliffhanger.
I'm sure Moffat has said in the past that it's a show about two detectives as opposed to a detective show. That's fine with me, but they've also got to have a case running through it, and in my opinion, that is what made this episode so great: the case was very interesting, but the characters and acting truly make it.

Didn't enjoy this week's as much as a lot of people here for the second week in a row. The case itself was fairly interesting, especially when the woman went to the hospital (just to avoid obvious spoilers) but while a lot of people liked Toby Jones I found the caricature a bit annoying and having Mary in it was disappointing after it being all about her last week. The last 15 minutes or so we're very good though and I suppose it means next week is another can't miss episode despite me not really enjoying this series (or the last tbh) much at all. The trailer for next week gives seems to remove any tension from the end though? Not that I expected anything different mind.

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Excellent episode. The only complaint I have about the show is that after next week, it'll be another couple of years before we get another! Especially given the fact that it'll end on some bat-shit mental cliffhanger.
I'm sure Moffat has said in the past that it's a show about two detectives as opposed to a detective show. That's fine with me, but they've also got to have a case running through it, and in my opinion, that is what made this episode so great: the case was very interesting, but the characters and acting truly make it.

They do the same with Luther aswell , another great show . Think the reason might just simply be down the fact that the main actors in each programme such as cumberbatch and freeman in Sherlock and Elba in Luther being possibly tied up with any major  movie commitments in those times as they are obviously highly talented and regarded actors  . 

Edited by Forever_blueco

Didn't enjoy this week's as much as a lot of people here for the second week in a row. The case itself was fairly interesting, especially when the woman went to the hospital (just to avoid obvious spoilers) but while a lot of people liked Toby Jones I found the caricature a bit annoying and having Mary in it was disappointing after it being all about her last week. The last 15 minutes or so we're very good though and I suppose it means next week is another can't miss episode despite me not really enjoying this series (or the last tbh) much at all. The trailer for next week gives seems to remove any tension from the end though? Not that I expected anything different mind.

I thought the same about the trailer but then it occurred to me that they may have done the same with John as they did with Mary in this episode, and it is a bit of misdirection?