Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As opposed to Celtic, who are always a disgrace.

Certainly not as in the context of the discussion, Celtic pay their way. the only thing that comes even close (and it's a fair distance away) is the dreadful teaming up with Rangers for teh away ticket levy

Am I right in thinking Celtic are the only club where a board member has categorically stated 'We don't need Rangers'?

Remember that that director has a duty to shareholders!! He is highly unlikely to say that his club would struggle without Rangers FC! So take it as purely political on behalf of your board member!!

I am thinking the game on Saturday won't go ahead.

Once the books are examined over a couple of days by the administrators, they will seen RFC don't have the means to pay for the game.

RFC could be dead and buried by the weekend.

<br />I've already said elsewhere that I believe Rangers will get back in, if it does happen I will seriously have to consider whether I continue to bother with Scottish Football.<br />

I'm not sure if they will be let back in, they have behaved so badly, and I'm sure much more to be revealed, that a moral stance might be pushed against the value of them playing in the SPL.

If Celtic voted yes after our Chief Executive and Manager confirmed we don't need Rangers, I think it would be enough to make many of us choke on our jelly and ice cream...

I don't know a lot about Bankier and some of the other directors, it wouldn't surprise me if some of them wanted to help a new Rangers back into the SPL but I would hope that fear over the backlash they'd get from our fanbase would put them off.

There should be far greater repercussions for entering administration from the footballing authorities. A ten point deduction for any team sitting mid table, or with nothing to play for, as the season peters out is nothing at all compared to clearing any unsecured debt and starting with a fresh slate. This sticks in the craw - at Ayr we cut our cloth accordingly which has culminated in us playing in a ramshackle stadium yo-yoing between the seaside leagues. For 3 or 4 years we had players come in from the juniors on 30 quid a week or so.

I'm starting to think maybe we're the mugs for playing it straight.

No no, haven't you heard the news? We NEED Rangers.

Without them fiddling their taxes to gain an unfair advantage over everyone else, denying other teams and their long suffering supporters a fair crack at winning trophies where would Scottish football be? Laughing at the wee diddy teams that live within their means while, with their partners in crime, grabbing the majority of available sponsorship money and strangling any form of competition. Better to defraud their way to the top, contributing hee haw to the country's coffers while dipping the pay packets of their own employees. They have cheated Scottish football for years and deserve no sympathy but unfortunately our media, whose own pay packets depend on them, will simply brush all this under the carpet a few months from now while they return to trotting out the same old sycophantic p*sh.

Of course we'd vote them in. As would every other club.

As was said before Celtic would be the first one to cast their vote.

Lets be honest as well, if the SPL clubs did take a stand and made Rangers start from Division 3 they'd be in the SPL again in 3 seasons.

And by then we'd have lost the majority of our television money and probably 2 or 3 more clubs.

This thread is becoming a chronic bag of mis-supposition and inaccuracy.

If Rangers move to reform themselves, by transferring their league share and membership to a new company, then it's got nothing to do with the chairmen of most clubs, including Hearts Aberdeen or Hibs. It would be voted upon by the SPL Board which comprises Neil Doncaster and Sir Ralph Topping plus reps (not always chairs) from St Johnstone, Motherwell, Celtic and Dundee Utd. Assuming the 2 league officials vote for Rangers, it only needs 1 of the 4 clubs (Topping has casting vote in a tie).

Over at the SFA the Main Board comprises Stewart Regan, Campbell Ogilvie (ex-Rangers/Hearts), some bloke whose name I forget (Cove), Rod Petrie (Hibs), Sir Ralph (SPL), Tom Johnstone (Junior FA) and an independent director from a brewers. If it were to be passed to the Pro Game Board, it's the aforementioned Regan, Ogilvie, Cove bloke, Petrie, Topping, Neil Doncaster (SPL), Peter Lawell (Celtic), 2 SFL reps and 1 HFL rep.

Both the above suggest a transfer of share/membership would probably succeed if required.

Fear of losing Rangers is not primarily driven by away attendances. It's driven by the fact that the Sky-ESPN deal (and the main value of the naming rights deal which is up for renewal) is based upon a league with both OF involved.

I would be utterly flabergasted if Celtic voted against Rangers continuation in some form, if that vote made the difference.

If Rangers come out of Administration then fine - They maintain their SPL status. However if they are liquidated and a "Phonenix" Club arises then as far as I'm concerned that is a new Club and they will have to apply to join the SFA/SFL and start from scratch in the Third Division.

Regardless whether or not the SPL want the "new" Rangers, the new Club will have to be a member of the SFA & SFL so I think all the diddy Clubs might have a say in this not just the SPL Chairmen.

Edited by sexybaldyguy

There should be far greater repercussions for entering administration from the footballing authorities. A ten point deduction for any team sitting mid table, or with nothing to play for, as the season peters out is nothing at all compared to clearing any unsecured debt and starting with a fresh slate.

"Football authorities" = "the clubs". It's the clubs who set the rules and the clubs who make-up the majority of people on decision-making bodies. It's a 10pt deduction as that's what clubs want it to be.

<br />This thread is becoming a chronic bag of mis-supposition and inaccuracy.If Rangers move to reform themselves, by transferring their league share and membership to a new company, then it's got nothing to do with the chairmen of most clubs, including Hearts Aberdeen or Hibs. It would be voted upon by the SPL Board which comprises Neil Doncaster and Sir Ralph Topping plus reps (not always chairs) from St Johnstone, Motherwell, Celtic and Dundee Utd. Assuming the 2 league officials vote for Rangers, it only needs 1 of the 4 clubs (Topping has casting vote in a tie).Over at the SFA the Main Board comprises Stewart Regan, Campbell Ogilvie (ex-Rangers/Hearts), some bloke whose name I forget (Cove), Rod Petrie (Hibs), Sir Ralph (SPL), Tom Johnstone (Junior FA) and an independent director from a brewers. If it were to be passed to the Pro Game Board, it's the aforementioned Regan, Ogilvie, Cove bloke, Petrie, Topping, Neil Doncaster (SPL), Peter Lawell (Celtic), 2 SFL reps and 1 HFL rep.<br /><br />Both the above suggest a transfer of share/membership would probably succeed if required.Fear of losing Rangers is not primarily driven by away attendances. It's driven by the fact that the Sky-ESPN deal (and the main value of the naming rights deal which is up for renewal) is based upon a league with both OF involved.<br /><br /><br />I would be utterly flabergasted if Celtic voted against Rangers continuation in some form, if that vote made the difference.

Informative as usual, didn't know this. I'm confident if Celtic have to comment/ lobby the newco getting into the SPl or not (if such a situation arises) then they will say no.

The scale of, to me, cheating that has gone on will make it staggeringly difficult not to take a moral stance on this, Rangers put themselves in this position, their behaviour since the situation was known has been mindboggling, the two fingers to the taxman,and other SPL clubs, and even their own fans is beyond the pale.

If Rangers come out of Administration then fine - They maintain their SPL status. However if they are liquidated and a "Phonenix" Club arises then as far as I'm concerned that is a new Club and they will have to apply to join the SFA/SFL and start from scratch in the Third Division.

Regardless whether or not the SPL want the "new" Rangers, the new Club will have to be a member of the SFA & SFL so I think all the diddy Clubs might have a say in this not just the SPL Chairmen.

Pretty sure I read the Arbroath Chairman stating somewhere that their game v Rangers in the cup this year generated enough to keep them going for several seasons. So if your trying to tell me that SFL clubs or the SFL themselves would vote against Rangers being allowed in your having a giraffe.

I too have a serious dislike for Celtic...Just as much as I do Rangers. Funnily enough having joined a few of my Sellic minded workmates for a right good laugh at Rangers, they quickly spat the dummy out when I said what would be even more funny than Rangers going bust would be for Celtic to still f**k up the title then for Rangers to go bust.

Anyway I hope to god that SPL chairman grow some balls and kick these cheats down to Div 3. But we know that what will happen will be for the new Rangers will be invited straight back in. I suppose guarantees will be made to Dumfy or Hibs that there will be no relegation to get their votes. I could also see a quick agreement to a 14 team league to satisfy the top 2 in Div 1. Mark my words. If rangers go bust we will have a 14 team league next year.

Interestingly

HMRC will have the power to ask an employer to pay a security where there is a serious risk that it will not pay income tax or Class 1 national insurance contributions that it has deducted from an employees' pay from 6 April 2012.

A few clubs will be worried about this.

Edited by AND180Y