Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I was listening to a debate on 5 live this morning with a couple of people wanting leniency on Rangers from HMRC given their place in the 'fabric' of Scotland.

Myself, like many others, don't want to see any club die but my own opinion (and i'm sure i'm not alone) is that if this were the Pars - or Falkirk, St Mirren etc then there would be no such calls...simply that the club should be closed and have to re-aply for SFL membership. I'm aware that i'm a supporter of a small club but the league, governing bodies and HMRC really need to be careful here...one wrong decision and a host of cubs could well walk away from their debts and use Rangers as an example.

I've no doubt that Rangers in some form or another will start the SPL next season with little or no penalty but the other clubs should be looking on this as a way to have the re-org that is needed. If the voting needs to be 11-1 or something like that to retain Rangers in the SPL then theres a good chance Rangers won't get it, as someone above has said i'm sure Romanov will see that as a golden opportunity to get something back. The clubs should be pushing for a more even split of revenues, a larger SPL and a more democratic voting system (something like 75% yes to get a decision through). It could be a real chance to get some of the power back from the OF....

It it happened in the close season and we were bottom I think we would vote to keep them out and try and preserve our spl status.

If we are second bottom or above I think we would vote them in for the financial aspect mainly because we are not doing great financially either. If it had been five years agos when we had tons of (Imaginary) cash, I think we would have booted them out without thinking twice.

Aberdeen and Hibs have been the OF's bitches on various issues recently, so they'd vote yes. Celtic would of course be in favour because without their rival a lot of their fans would lose interest.

Hearts are a potential "no" voter because of Romanov's dislike of Rangers.

Dunfermline would stay in the SPL if they voted "no". Would that be enough to convince them?

During administration - add it to the pile, call it in and hope for a decent settlement from a CVA if the new buyer wants to maintain the name.

Out of administration - not gonna happen, not as the current club. (liquidation)

Whyte/The Club are positioned to let the club, as it is, liquidate, sell the assets to a willing buyer and leave town.

what Whyte/the club would have to do to rectify this?

Have a reversal of thought - they have NO INTENTION of rectifying this.

Don't hold your breath......

Indeed. However the current Government are too cosy with big business to be arsed with that type of thing.... where will their free directorships and freebies come from if they do what should be done ? rolleyes.gif

The unfortunate thing is it's governments past and present most of the world over. :angry:

Dunfermline would stay in the SPL if they voted "no". Would that be enough to convince them?

Problem there is... they (like many other yo-yo sides) can't AFFORD to be in the SPL. They vote yes, get a wee pat on the back and close the door quietly as they leave for pastures more familiar.

I love all the dream talk fellas, nice to fantasize and all that, but - really......

Edited by GreenockRover

I'm curious to know why anyone thinks a new team formed from a club that has gone under would be given priority to play in the SPL while a club say Dunfermline or Hibernian are relegated. In every other league normally the club that goes out of business automatically loses their place in that league and everyone else is bumped up one place in as far as deciding who plays in that League next season so why would the SPL be any different?.

I would think if Ross County came up they would rightly replace the defunct team. If the SPL decide to incert a new club into the league and still relegate the team that finished 12 on points the previous season, how would that go down with the likes of Falkirk or Dundee who under those circumstances one of them would miss out on promotion?.

This is a shitbomb just waiting to explode.:ph34r:

.........and that is just the tip of the iceberg I have touched upon.

Edited by CityDave

He sold 4 years of season tickets for £24m. Reason - to provide working capital while he knocks down their costs. So why, within weeks, is there no working capital?

Did this money actually go straight into Rangers though? Or was it routed into the business in such a way that it is the loan from CW's company which was used to pay the bank debt.

He had access to an additional £9m in tax deducted from salaries etc but which was not paid to HMRC.

He sold Jelavic to Everton for £5.5m. This was allegedly less than the offer from West Ham so it is safe to assume that the up front payment terms were better.

Perhaps this cash has been used to repay a significant chunk of the loan to CW mentioned above.

fear of the reaction from their own supporters.

To answer the OP seriously, it would be some shameful sheeeit (to quote the great Clay Davis) if fans didn't mobilise to try and influence this decision if the scenario ever happens.

As shown by the OF admin charge debacle, the only way cowards like Petrie will have some pride in themselves is if there's a possibility of losing money. The unified song for Rangers on Saturday thread was a bit of a laugh, but the diddies (plus Celtic) should really act to let the clubs know they wont support the rule book being ripped up and/or the clubs bending over to Rangers. Commit to costing the clubs cash in any way, let whoever communicates between SPL and Sky know that we've stumbled upon vipbox and won't be requiring their services etc. It's proper drop in the ocean stuff and 99% likely to be ignored but I would feel properly penetrated if Hibs helped a club who have cheated football and the country for decades, to survive.

They shut shit down in Germany when tickets go up a few euros. Yet we would do nothing to stop our Chaimen selling out to a club who have cheated for decades and are run by a venture capatalist crook. *Clay voice* Sheeeeeit.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

Problem there is... they (like many other yo-yo sides) can't AFFORD to be in the SPL. They vote yes, get a wee pat on the back and close the door quietly as they leave for pastures more familiar.

Any club can afford to be in the SPL. The cost associated with playing in the league may be slightly higher than the SFL1, but the income is vastly greater. If Dunfermline make a loss this season it is because they have stretched their budget too far rather than spending what they can afford.

Why is that risky? Rangers already owe millions, a few more on top won't make any real difference.

I think Whyte's strategy is that right now HMRC doesn't own enough debt to block a CVA. If HMRC can only claim £9M before they get the big tax case heard then Rangers could be carved up before that leaving HMRC trying to get money from a company that no longer has any assets or cash flow while Rangers FC are still playing at the same stadium with the same owner.

But then every other creditor 76% would HAVE to agree to CVA. It depends on the FULL list of creditors, some of whom might be in cardboard boxes or in locked drawers as we type.

I reckon SFA might look to buy Murray Park.

Every single chairman would vote yes because they are blinded bymoney and specifically the TV money. They don't look any further than the next TV deal and have no concern for the fans. that much is obvious.

Short term you are correct. However, if some of the chairman have the common sense to see the long term benefits of Rangers working their way up they might change their mind.

The way I see it, it would be the only way we could rid ourselves of this tedious 11/1 vote that allows the the OF to take the lions share of the revenue. If Rangers were to start from the 3rd division, then there would be nobody stopping the other clubs from trying to get the TV money to be split more evenly. Short term, it wouldn't help the negotiating of TV deals, but when Rangers returned to the top tier, there wouldn't be this god for saken 33% split going to the top 2 any more.

Oh and lower league clubs would get revenue in the seasons they had in them in their leagues.

This would be the ideal situaion for me.

Oh, and Romanov would take any chance to f**k Rangers over, and Celtic with them if he could. Even with the eccentric attributes of his personality coming into it, I think he would take the hit. His comments of the 'West Coast monkeys' rants would be enough to back that up. :wacko:

...which will never come, as these are precisely the kind of dicks that fund the Tory party's re-election campaigns.

How very Scottish! Tory bad, Labour good.

The last Labour government had 13 years to close all these loopholes so how the coalition can suddenly be blamed is beyond me. no politicians cosied up to business more than Blair and his chums.

I love all the dream talk fellas, nice to fantasize and all that, but - really......

Another full season in the spl would help our coffers no end, then being relegated the following season, wait another full season (with full parachute payment) and get Rangers in the first, take their gate money and pip them to the title....... 8)

edit - it wouldn't shock me if they increased the size of the league if this happened

Edited by Fifes Elite Force