Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Problem there is... they (like many other yo-yo sides) can't AFFORD to be in the SPL. They vote yes, get a wee pat on the back and close the door quietly as they leave for pastures more familiar.

I love all the dream talk fellas, nice to fantasize and all that, but - really......

We all know what your chairman done the last time your lot was in the Premier League. It cost you relegation by your chairman voting for a 12 club league from a 14 club league.

The bigger clubs in the league ie Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen would be able to cope but i am not sure about the others. For that reason i would be happy to vote Rangers out of the SPL but i would worry about how the other teams would cope. I think that most teams in the SPL outside of the 3 i mentioned need Rangers away support finance and the TV revenue they bring finance therefore they would probably want Rangers in the SPL. I think though that Celtic need Rangers most of all for the reason that, Celtic almost gaurenteed to win the league every season= less fans in the stadium= less money to compete in Europe with.

If Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd were going for gold, their grounds would be filled without the OF no problem.

Edited by Yankee_Dollar

Rangers owe Hearts 800K, owe Dundee Utd 100K and Dunfermline 80K. That may have an impact on how they vote.

About other clubs 'needing' Rangers. We have played them once at Paisley this season and they had 2K fans. Not bad but not exactly an amount that would cause us to go under if we didnt get them. If Morton were to replace them (no chance I know) they would bring almost as many. I admit the TV money would be a blow but football would continue. The OF carve up most of the TV money anyway.

In Rangers' case they appear to be guilty of deliberately exploring fraudulent and unethical business practise so do not deserve leniency. I would be very pissed off with St Mirren if they voted yes.

Not really, any monies owed to another member club will be paid by the SPL from the monies Rangers will receive for finishing in x place.

United will accept and say yes to Rangers, although I`m sure the chairman would love to say no. However I`m with Ghostie, it endorses cheating & I want no part of the fucking farce. I`d still attend football, but it`d be Junior or lower league.

ticketus are a front for octopus investments who invest money for hedge funds worth hundreds of millions.

the idea that they weren't fully aware that (i) whyte is dodgy (ii) rangers were facing a huge tax bill and (iii) admin was extremely likely is not very realistic. there is a reason why these people are filthy rich and it's not because they throw millions at con men.

it's much more likely that whyte, the administration company and ticketus have planned all this from day one.

Yeah I Had a look at them. Without delving too deeply into the realms of fantasy, something stinks about this deal too. f**k me.

Can someone help me with this.. the "missing 9 m in tax"

On Sky Sports News earlier, it was claimed Rangers said they had paid tax, until very recently.

Why wouldn't the Revenue have queried much earlier the non-payment of tax since Whyte took over? Can companies withhold tax for months on end? Do they have a year to settle up?

You are normally spot on but you seem to be missing my point. The fact is there would be NO POINT

If you and anyone/everyone else are happy with that then fine but I am not. It is not even a case of BOYCOTTING my club. It's a case of saying f**k this, Scottish fitba is a farce and I want no further part of it.

I love my football club and I love going to the football but there comes a point when you have to stand up and be counted. If they allow Ranger to remain in the SPL SHOULD they be liquidated that point will be reached for me..

Fair enough. Equally, I certainly won't be abandoning my clubs because of what is or isn't collectively decided about Rangers.

As for a black hole in our finances, we would just have to cut our cloth accordingly. That should be what ALL clubs do when they plan what they are gonna spend. Don't spend more than you make.. Not rocket science is it???

Well, yes it is, in some respects. Every club at SPL level have degrees of liabilities which cannot be scrubbed at a few months notice... everyone has wage bills - including players on contracts running beyond the current season - and most have debts to service. If the bottom falls out their budgets should much of the TV/sponsor money disappear, they've a problem. Rapid repositioning isn't necessarily easy-peasy.

Edited by HibeeJibee

On Sky Sports News earlier, it was claimed Rangers said they had paid tax, until very recently.

Why wouldn't the Revenue have queried much earlier the non-payment of tax since Whyte took over? Can companies withhold tax for months on end? Do they have a year to settle up?

Skyline drifter lectured me on this in his inimitable way during the Dundee episode. They should be paid monthly, but I suppose you can stall them for quite a while like you can the Lecky...

Skyline drifter lectured me on this in his inimitable way during the Dundee episode. They should be paid monthly, but I suppose you can stall them for quite a while like you can the Lecky...

The SSN dweeb claimed that you only have until the 19th of the following month to make good the tax from the previous month.

I can only assume that's bollocks, in which case the Revenue need to really change their practices, and send in the men with baseball bats much earlier.

i had a look earlier on and when motherwell went into admin we owed £420,000 in tax which was 14% of our turnover.

rangers apparently owe £9m which is probably 20%-25% of their turnover. a bit higher but we do have 20% vat and 50% top tax rate now.

i doubt anyone, ever has squared up hmrc before going into admin.

i doubt anyone, ever has squared up hmrc before going into admin.

No, it's more that if any business doesn't pay you any tax for what, 9 months? Shouldnt' alarm bells be raised at least at the 6 month mark, especially when that company has a new owner and has visible streams of income.

I'm just amazed that any company can withhold tax for the best part of a year, whilst already in a tax avoidance wrangle with the Revenue, and not have sanctions taken against them long ago.

If the tv deal is jeopardized, renegotiate or try and find another broadcaster. Clubs cut their cloth accordingly. Rangers are just another member club and should be treated as such.

If rangers were permitted to walk back into the SPL then, for me, the game is up.

They may be bigger but they are no "better" or more important than any other club in Scotland.

No, it's more that if any business doesn't pay you any tax for what, 9 months? Shouldnt' alarm bells be raised at least at the 6 month mark, especially when that company has a new owner and has visible streams of income.

I'm just amazed that any company can withhold tax for the best part of a year, whilst already in a tax avoidance wrangle with the Revenue, and not have sanctions taken against them long ago.

Especially PAYE which alledgedly makes up a huge chunk of that £9million

You wonder what football teams done to survive before all these big tv contracts came in to play?

If we lose the tv deal who cares?

If it means most teams in Scotland go part time so be it.

Exactly. There seems to be some massive fear amongst journalists mostly about standards slipping. Personally I couldnt give a f**k as I am not remotely interested in Scottish footballs standing in the pecking order internationally. I also couldn't give a toss about European football, which is also a massively corrupt shambles which panders to the bigger outfits as well.

Slipping standards mainly inconveniences journalists anyway as it stops them getting wee jolly ups abroad.

Football is a shit sport anyway, if it wasnt for my St.Mirren habit I wouldnt watch it anymore.