Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'd forgotten all about Gordon Smith's glorious prodigal return to Ibrox. Is he still there? If so, he'll surely be one of the first to be punted by the administrators. BBC Scotland better not take him back again, particularly in light of Rangers' refusal to talk to them over the last few months.

He was cutting a very haunted figure on the news the other night....

It will be scandalous if he is employed by the BBC again.

If Rangers 2012 are allowed to waltz straight back into the SPL then to hell with Scottish football. If the TV deal rules overall meaning SKY has to have 4 OF games a year, whats the point? So say next year and Rangers 2012 are total honking at football. What would happen if they finished in the bottom 6? Sorry lads, tv deal means that for "technical" reasons they are now 5th. What if heaven forbid they are really really honking and finish the season at the bottom?

So in effect, due to the TV deal, Rangers and Celtic are the 2 teams in the league that cannot go bust nor can be relegated. If this is the case, whats the point? They have nothing to lose by doing it all over again and everything to gain.

The death knell for Scottish football will not be the demise of Rangers, it wil be the teams rebirth that kills it.

In the context of a possible fraud case over PAYE , I think it might be a bit premature for the First Minister to publicly support such practice !!! ( I see you conveniently deleted my last statement !!)

Yes, clearly what Alex Salmond was saying was that he publically supported PAYE fraud :rolleyes:.

Ah well, some rangers fans can take the positives since Whyte took over

Now it would seem administration was always on the cards, yeah Whyte either didnt believe it back then or he chose to hide it from us.

But think about the small things like this

The screens were fixed/replaced

The stadium was given a sprucing up that was badly needed

The food stalls were upgraded

The playing squad WAS improved

Lets face it, we could have went into administration with a depleted squad, and a stadium that wasnt looked after

Yeah it would seem that the club paid for it, but if administration was always on the cards (as it would seem if the statement about HMRC continually appealing is true) then at least we just didnt drift inot it

:lol::D:lol::D

If the TV deal rules overall meaning SKY has to have 4 OF games a year, whats the point? So say next year and Rangers 2012 are total honking at football. What would happen if they finished in the bottom 6? Sorry lads, tv deal means that for "technical" reasons they are now 5th. What if heaven forbid they are really really honking and finish the season at the bottom?

As I've said earlier, perhaps on another thread... I highly doubt the contract specifies they must both play Top 6. We all knew each season that they would, by a country mile. But TV clearly wants both in the division, else the right to cancel or renegotiate the deal.

So in effect, due to the TV deal, Rangers and Celtic are the 2 teams in the league that cannot go bust nor can be relegated.

Yes, if clubs want money from a TV deal to the levels they currently enjoy.

Yes, clearly what Alex Salmond was saying was that he publically supported PAYE fraud :rolleyes:.

Not directly, but his statements suggested that through dialogue a solution could be reached for the benfit of the taxpayer and for Rangers FC as an institution . The seriousness of PAYE fraud therefore forgotten about !!!

I only hope that HMRC see things differently and hammer Rangers so they can't start up this corrupt circus again !!

Can someone clarify (as i must have missed the post on this thread or another) where we got the Sky must show 4 old firm games a season from?

Just doesnt sound right to me.

It's a condition of the contract for a minimum of 4 Old Firm games per season to be shown

Edited by GordieBoy80

But not , as I said , by the head honcho on national news !!!

Same principle, though - politicians attempting to curry favour with a certain section, in this case a very large one, of the electorate. That it's the Glorious Leader rather than Robinson or some obscure MP is purely down to the high profile nature of the case.

You're right, though. It is utterly tawdry.