Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I suspect it may work like this:

The holding company get a loan from Ticketus.

That loan is probably subject to a personal guarantee from Whyte, so effectively safe.

The loan will also carry a decent short term return, probably in the form of a fee. So worthwhile for Ticketus.

The holding company then loans the money received from Ticketus in turn to Rangers. That money being used to pay off the bank debt.

Since the purchase of Rangers by the holding company, funds have been used to repay a reasonable chunk of this loan. I expect that the indebtedness of Rangers to the holdng company has been reduced as far as possible. I'd guess now less than £10m.

Ticketus are happy as they make a good short term profit with no real risk as the debt is backed by a personal guarantee from Whyte. They are outwith the financial problems of Rangers.

Whyte is happy as his holding company is a secured creditor and will have the remainder of any loan paid in full. It's effectively just an in and out for him in any case.

All we can do is guess who did what to whom and when. We need someone (probably the BBC) to work out the companies involved, relationships and Whyte's role in them directly or indirectly.

Administrator said there were notes of interest, as you would expect. Presume a Dermot Desmond consortium is one of them laugh.gif

Anyone looking at taking on Rangers will look at it as a business. This would plan for future expenditure and income. Income would include ticket/season ticket sales. The administrator must make sure these are included without any encumbrances. So for them to say the Ticketus deal is of no interest to them is nonsense.

Administrator said " the Ticketus debt was not secured against the assets of the football club." Careful phrasing here as he talks about being "secured". What he doesn't say is was asset stripping going on.

Love the confidence that Whyte's 'personal guarantees' would ensure Ticketus would get their money. Not convinced. sad.gif

No we won't suffer. Stick your Scottish football will suffer without Rangers up your arse.

I agree.

Unfortunately, when you have that goon from St Johnstone saying "we need them to survive blah blah blah." Not to mention Dunfermlines pitiful statement....

I'm now behind Mad Tache and his 10 team league endorsement....everyone else could vote to punt Celtic and all would be well. wink.gif

you are accusing craig whyte of brazenly stealing £24 million in a manner that would definitely lead to his arrest and imprisonment as well the end of his business career and the forfiture of a lot of his assets.

i somehow doubt that is his masterplan.

I agree with you; insofar as while only time'll tell if Whyte is a crook, a puppet, an evil genius, or a shrewd businessman playing the parties around him, the one thing he doesn't strike me as is an idiot.

I'd doubt Ticketus are idiots either, which is why it being as simple as them giving him £24M and him snaffling it without recourse also seems unlikely.

Perhaps some of the Dundee fans on here will remember more about this, but I am sure something was said about the SFA/SFL wanting to warn clubs that using tax money to fund a short fall would end up with penalties such as the 25 point deduction the Dens park mob got last season.

SFL. "Don't use it as a credit card".

So if I've been following things correctly, Whyte buys Rangers FC Ltd through a holding company, pays Lloyds 18 million through an Octopus. The money from projected sales of pies goes into an offshore EBT which has been secured against a 24 million loan from Ticketus, through Whyte's Hightower, offset against the Jelavic money which currently resides in a carboard box under the bed. 9 months of unpaid tax is in the tea caddy at Murray Park - but the administrators had coffee, so were unable to comment. 49 million, plus penalties, hasn't caused HMRC to ask for two sugars and a chunky Kit Kat with theirs yet. Alex Salmond and David Cameron have bought tickets for the Killie end on Saturday, and Ticketus are nothing to do with anything, they don't know nuthin' about anythin'.

I think that's it. He would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids.

Anyone remember the stories coming out of Dundee a few years ago? Folk stuffing money into their car boots in the Dens Park car park, etc. The shit that is going on at Rangers makes all of that look like a bit of harmless fun. Short of hearing that Whyte plans to outsource Rangers catering to a Burmese child slave trader, I am not sure if it is physically possible to be more of a c**t.

There's a whole bunch of companies with the Ticketus name and different suffices, a few of which have been dissolved.

Right. So a few journos need to figure out which ones are active, which one ponied up £24 mil and who the directors and principals are of that company or companies.

Right. So a few journos need to figure out which ones are active, which one ponied up £24 mil and who the directors and principals are of that company or companies.

they're not companies.

they're venture capital trusts operated by octopus investments. they operate for 5 years at a time.

they're not companies.

they're venture capital trusts operated by octopus investments. they operate for 5 years at a time.

So why can they be found in companies registers?

I guess the octopus stuff is offshore?

Sorry, why do we have to tell Sky to poke it? Why can't we take their money and improve the league in Scotland at the same time?

Why is it always necessary to impoverish Scottish fitba to improve it? And indulge in mental gymnastics while we do it.

Reduce the amount of money in the game and Scottish football finances will improve.

Pay the players £500 a week and we'll end up with better players.

Fill the schedules with endless amounts of utterly meaningless lower profile games and more fans will show up.

Tell Sky to ram it and lose their money and vast amounts of commercial & advertising money and we'll be better off.

Winston Smith didn't have to deal with this amount of doublethink…

Good post IMO, and I think the answer is that people want the future to be like the past ("when we were great") - and then the assumption becomes that to get there, we need to replicate the past. Thus we find the solution being the abandonment of TV coverage, the adoption of a 16/18-team SPL playing 30/34-games, League Cup group-stages, halving ticket prices to double crowds, terracings, and most likely the resurrection of cloth caps and the Glasgow Charity Cup too.

Both you and I have posted previously over changes we'd make to the game. In your case it's an American-style model (whether North American or South American)... in my case it's more conservative but still fairly radical, e.g. European Play-offs and bonus points. However, it's always shot-down by cries of "back to 1967", presumably as people think that pretending its 1967 will replicate 1967.

There is a whole bunch of them on the Companies House website with the description "Private Limited Company".

So they're just companies then with directors and normal registration and accounts requirements?