Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Members

* (Chair) Lord William Nimmo-Smith... ex-CJ Senator and Judge

* Professor Niall Lothian OBE... ex-Institute of Chartered Accountants president

* Bob Downes... Deputy Chairman of SEPA

* Stewart Regan

Niall Lothian was one of my lecturers back in the day when I was studying at Heriot-Watt. Decent guy.

How is that clown Regan involved if it is "independent"

Regan: "Guys, we need to write a report which wags a finger at Rangers without actually punishing them. If they disappear my league is finished"

Panel: "Right you are then"

I didn't expect Regan to be on it either, I thought if they did have an SFA rep it would be someone little-known and unlikely to be accused of bias or complicity (Allan McCrae of Cove Rangers, 1st VP, an obvious example; or Tom Johnstone the SJFA Secretary).

If it's to report in no more than 2 weeks, it can't be making particularly strenuous enquiries, IMO.

Presumably they'll focus on basics (lack of legal co-operation/Whyte's disqualification/etc.).

Presuming any insurance agent would touch it. It would be like insuring your car and admitting that your mate who has had 100 driving bans is going to be using your car.

Why would it be insured via an insurance company? I presume they would have bought a CDS on Rangers Plc/Ltd whatever it is if they wanted to "insure" their future cashflows.

I am sure the premium would have been stupidly high though :P

What a bunch of morons some of these Rangers fans are. Perhaps we shoud sending a link for this to our glorious first Minister and asking for his comments..I do hope the press have picked this up and expose the wallopers for what they are.. And surely the police should be taking a butchers.. Simply disgraceful..:(

Members

* (Chair) Lord William Nimmo-Smith... ex-CJ Senator and Judge

* Professor Niall Lothian OBE... ex-Institute of Chartered Accountants president

* Bob Downes... Deputy Chairman of SEPA

* Stewart Regan

Well if we wanted someone with experience of dealing with leagues nimmos the man.

What a bunch of morons some of these Rangers fans are. Perhaps we shoud sending a link for this to our glorious first Minister and asking for his comments..I do hope the press have picked this up and expose the wallopers for what they are.. And surely the police should be taking a butchers.. Simply disgraceful..:(

As I've said in relation to Salmond and Robison's ill advised comments on the matter, something being an "Institution" of long-established provenance doesn't make it at all worthy of saving.

The Masonic Lodge is also a well established Scottish institution for example, that employs many people. I, and many others, would be absolutely delighted if it ceased to exist tomorrow. This would be much to the betterment of Scotland also.

Whyte must be raging that he missed out on a couple of million for sclafferty at end of the transfer window. I guess even he thought that was taking the piss :P

Arise lord Whyte of Govan :lol: Never has such an odious institution had a better leader....

Nice of ol' Geoff at the fermers to come out in support for a strong Rangers. Showing his true colours?

The old Tory is going senile. He also stated no Sphell club ran at a profit last week, despite Motherwell and Celtic both posting positive returns. He could be a good man to lead the rAngry ones back to the top of scottish football.....