Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Think Thursday will be a big crunch day.

It is the 1st of March and the Dynamic Admin Duo have to sit down and decide do we have the cash to pay our bills for March;

The wages, the police, the printers, the leccy bill, themselves, etc.

If the answer is no then Rangers are 'trading as insolvent'. That is a crime and you may try and get away with it if it's your company but

Adminstrators cannot - would lose their licenses and ability to work.

I hope that Rangers end up doing what they have always claimed to do.

They claim they support Scottish football by away fans visiting clubs.

Hopefully next season they will be visiting Clyde & Elgin & Queens Park and spreading their largesse around the 3rd Division.

SFL may even get a wee TV deal out of them having to work through the leagues from scratch.

I hope that Thursday 1st march 2012 will go down in history as Liquidation Day.

This is what would happen to a 'small' company with 300 staff, but Rangers might be different. Presume they are getting money in for their televised game yesterday, gate receipts, sponsorship etc, and as long as there is a net benefit to the business then the administrators have an argument they should keep it going. All this in the hope of getting a buyer. Hence the parade of Paul Murray, Dave King etc. As long as the administrators have a chance of selling it on as a going concern I suspect that with daily legal advice they could keep going for quite a while yet.

However it would be much cheaper to start again. Buy a club in Glasgow with some development land around it. Partick Thistle? Rename it to "The Famous Glasgow Rangers" turn it into a community club like Barcelona to get loads of public money to develop the ground, and get all the fans behind it. Of course it is a totally different club but wave a few union jacks, a few marching bands, get the song sheets printed and 'we are the people' scarves on sale, bring all the legends back to endorse what you are doing, (and as well as the legends you can invite Mark Hateley), and the loyal will turn up.

How much? Probably you could do it for a few million, less than 5 and the show is on the road. Of course you could also buy the Glasgow Rangers name and logo and the 'goodwill' from the liquidator.

Leave the administrator/liquidator with Ibrox and Murray Park. Chances are in 18 months you could buy them for peanuts, especially Ibrox.

Edited by thelegendthatis

Just a quick point on the so-called "Blue Knights".

King and Murray were on the board when it became apparent that the jobby was about to reach the air conditioning unit, then conveniently resigned when Craig Whyte took over, and now allegedly want to retake control.

So Rangers fans are holding out hope that two of the guys who started all the trouble suddenly have the money to get them out of it .

It has left me of the opinion that either a) King and Murray are full of it; or b) it was their plan all along, and Craig Whyte has been dropped right in it! (although he is dodgy as hell too)

CW - "I.. I... I... flannel... I ... I... bluster.... bullshit I.... we will come out the other side of this."

Using the ol' Goebbels tactic - If you tell a lie that's big enough, and you tell it often enough, people will believe you. He said ".. we will come out the other side of this..." 8 times in the first half of that piece.

Clever though, not saying exactly when he'll be back in Glasgow.

"Stand Up Guy"

BBC documentary that explains how one man killed one of the biggest football clubs in Britain- and got away scot free.

:lol:

he still had the cheeky to say the Scottish media are out to get him