Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Oh really ?

http://clients.squar...resentation.pdf

Eighth slide down.

I've read it. It doesn't change anything I've posted. (It's also 1 bulletpoint in a SupportersDirect presentation FFS).

It is highly unlikely - infact bordering on the ridiculous - that the SPL have signed a contract which says: "in the event of one of Rangers and Celtic being placed 7th or lower at MD33, we will change our rules at a Special General Meeting before MD34, to place the lower side in the Top 6 regardless". That's what the contract says? 'Cmon.

People paraphrase it to "there must be 4 OF games", and everyone including Sky-ESPN has known when each season began that's what would happen.

But that's different to signing a contract which, somehow, supposedly supercedes the (publically available) rulebook.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Aye I know, I'm not the smartest on the old computer!

Your exact words were that you would not give your hard earned money to teams who were making life difficult for you.

What teams do you think these are?

Do you think a 15 point penalty for 3 seasons would make things easier or more difficult for Rangers?

Why would i want to give my money to these clubs for 3 years knowing we are starting at a huge disadvantage? Why should we let these clubs cash in on our support through a TV deal? Afterall they don't need us so we will be no great loss to their league.

I think we can agree it is entirely up to me what i spend my money on. I am more than happy to start at thebottom and work our way back up the leagues.

I just put Sky Sports News on and to my delight Jim is on and the scrolling bar says "Rangers statement coming up shortly". From the administrators I presume? This could either be really good fun as Jim breaks down again or a massive disappointment.

They'll probably be making a statement about making a statement at some point in the near future.

Certainly wont be anything interesting, given the last week's non-movement.

Maybe just telling us where they are going this weekend..

Do you think a 15 point penalty for 3 seasons would make things easier or more difficult for Rangers?

Of course it would make things more difficult, that is kind of the point of a punishment. Its because things have been artificially easy in the past when you were spending other peoples money.

Why would i want to give my money to these clubs for 3 years knowing we are starting at a huge disadvantage?

Thats what Motherwell, Dundee Utd, etc fans have been doing for years, spending money despite the huge disadvantage of being in a league with a team who have been financially doping.

I think we can agree it is entirely up to me what i spend my money on.

Of course, thats your right. But you still won't name and shame the teams who have supposedly "made life difficult for you"

Saying that, releasing bad news before the end of the working day on a Friday is an age old trick ;-)

True.

When someone asked why, it was explained that if you announce redundancies on a Tuesday lunchtime, no one will do a stroke of work for the rest of the week. If you do it on a Friday afternoon, people just spend their weekend crying and complaining and it doesn't cost the company money. Nice.

True.

When someone asked why, it was explained that if you announce redundancies on a Tuesday lunchtime, no one will do a stroke of work for the rest of the week. If you do it on a Friday afternoon, people just spend their weekend crying and complaining and it doesn't cost the company money. Nice.

And they'll have all day Saturday to forget about football.

DUFF and Phelps, the administrators of Rangers Football Club, issued the following statement today.

Paul Clark, joint administrator, said: "We appreciate this has been an extremely difficult week for all the staff of Rangers Football Club and the supporters.

"As administrators, we had anticipated completing our review of staffing levels and cost structure of the Rangers business this week but the participation of a number of players in international fixtures did interrupt the process.

"In short, the Rangers business is trading at a substantial loss and we have no alternative but to fill an approximate £4.5 million shortfall by the end of the season. It is therefore imperative that we find savings of approximately £1 million per month to ensure the ongoing viability of the business.

"As has been widely publicised, there have been a number of discussions this week in an effort to achieve the necessary cost reductions. We are determined that all realistic options should be explored and today discussions have been ongoing with Ally McCoist who, in turn, has been speaking to his players and the PFA Scotland.

"We would prefer to reach a consensual position but as the day has gone on and tomorrow's very important match against Hearts looms larger, it has been agreed that any final decisions have been postponed until early next week.

"On other matters, we can report that we made this week an emergency application to the High Court in London to secure money held in the client account of solicitors, Collyer Bristow, who had acted for the purchaser of the Club in May 2011.We can confirm that following the court hearing Collyer Bristow paid approximately £3.6m to our lawyers, Taylor Wessing, to be held securely by Taylor Wessing until the High Court decides whether or not it is the Club's money.

"Collyer Bristow will also disclose to Taylor Wessing details of the payments of funds out of their account on behalf of the Club since May 2011.The High Court in London will hear further representations on the administrators' claim to the money and our request for further information from Collyer Bristow on 8 March 2011.

"Since legal proceedings are ongoing we cannot provide further information but this is a positive step in the administrators' investigations into the Club's financial affairs.

"Right now, the situation is quite simple - income generated now will help secure the future of Rangers and we encourage supporters, who have shown tremendous backing for the Club throughout this process, to buy tickets for the Hearts game at Ibrox tomorrow and future home matches.

Basically a statement giving us feck all new news.

I am happy - anything that prolongs the pain and the likelihood of coming out of admin by the 31st March.

Sloooooooooooooooooooooowest story in the world :wacko: