Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Someone rich and "Rangers minded" will buy the target club, rename, rebadge and relocate. Most recent example being Airdrieonians. Airdrie went bust, so a rich Airdrie fan purchased Clydebank and changed the name to Airdrie United, changed the strips to the "diamond" strips and moved the club to, you got it, Airdrie.

So for example Andrew Bigot could simply walk in and change everything.

Sore one.

But their history dies, might be worth it - and if they buy a second division club that's where they start.

I know a club in the East of Scotland league that might be up for it :)

Will they not just do a hibs tho? And ignore the fact that its not the same club?

Nothing so far in this Rangers saga has been even remotely simple. As I keep saying, 19 plus days into administration, all we know is that Russell & Smith walked, McKay signed for a Korean club, and the Cousin deal was killed. That is it. Everything else is mired in doubt and guesswork.

The prospect of Rangers Newco arising seamlessly from the ashes simply by someone slipping 2 million quid to an existing club owner is highly doubful. I'd go further than that, I'd say that given ongoing police and SFA investigations, a fast-track, no hassle, easy-peasy Rangers Newco scenario is an impossibility. A Rangers Newco of course isn't impossible, but it will be far from easy.

But their history dies, might be worth it - and if they buy a second division club that's where they start.

True, but these guys think differently from you and me and didn't get rich throwing money away. Given a choice between shelling out £50 mill for history or a tiny fraction of that for another club I think I know what the answer will be.

Nothing so far in this Rangers saga has been even remotely simple. As I keep saying, 19 plus days into administration, all we know is that Russell & Smith walked, McKay signed for a Korean club, and the Cousin deal was killed. That is it. Everything else is mired in doubt and guesswork.

The prospect of Rangers Newco arising seamlessly from the ashes simply by someone slipping 2 million quid to an existing club owner is highly doubful. I'd go further than that, I'd say that given ongoing police and SFA investigations, a fast-track, no hassle, easy-peasy Rangers Newco scenario is an impossibility. A Rangers Newco of course isn't impossible, but it will be far from easy.

Well we now know they need to save £1 mil a month, and the Administrators fees are.... @ £1 mil a month. 8)

Edited by wunfellaff

True, but these guys think differently from you and me and didn't get rich throwing money away. Given a choice between shelling out £50 mill for history or a tiny fraction of that for another club I think I know what the answer will be.

They could always buy Stranraer - save their fans a lot of travelling, get off the ferry and walk to the home games.

From the always readable blog

http://tinyurl.com/6loalb5 there are 4 possible strategies listed to "save Rangers". The heading are shown here (details on the blog).

1. Take Over Rangers Football Club PLC

2. Buy the Assets of the Existing Company from the Administrator or Liquidator

3. Buy an Existing Scottish Football Club and Rebrand It as Rangers

4. Set up an entirely new company

But no attempt to indicate the chances of any one happening. So here goes - a personal view.

1. Take over Rangers (in administration). 1/10. Really think it is 0/10 but there are some mad people around.

2. Buy the assets. Well you don't have to buy ALL the assets, but to buy enough to make it a proper football club/business I give it a 4/10

3. Buy existing club and rebrand. 7/10. Doesn't have to be a club in Glasgow, so East Stirling/Albion Rovers/East Fife get your pencils sharpened.

4. Sounds like a real start again with all the ifs and buts, a bit too iffy and risky for me so 4/10.

If 2 is the answer, then liquidation will happen, and Whyte, Ticketus can fight over Ibrox, season tickets etc. Meanwhile look at how Whyte got his hands on the assets. Fraudulently? Will take time to find out, so bodyswerve the angst as the blood flows, and then the rebranded club can pick up the pieces afterwards.

Regarding buying of assets, if the Rangers supporters (in whatever guise) put a bid into the Administrator for JUST the goodwill and all the trademarks, and the name, it would probably cost comparatively little.

Whoever comes along to revive Rangers will then have to do business with the supporters who own the goodwill and the name. Would put the supporters in a strong position in developing the club in a properly sustainable way and by retaining those assets means they will always have an influence on what happens in the future.

And of course if the supporters got themselves together properly and formally made such a bid, who would have the reckless stupidity to bid against them? Would hate to be in the shoes of anyone who tried to buy the name, goodwill and trademarks against the very supporters who created the value they have.

huh.gif

I do hope every Rangers season ticket holder has themselves registered with the administartor as a creditor.

http://www.rangers.c...5~171659,00.pdf

As a percentage of the total it will be meaningless, but it does mean they can turn up to all meetings held by the administrators and have a chance to air their views. Might be outvoted but they will be entitled to ask the questions that need to be asked, and demand answers.

I have a cunning plan...

They could take over Queens Park and play out of Hampden.

Not only that, they change the name to Queens Park Rangersand change the strips to blue and white hoops instead of black and white.

In all the confusion the slopeheads currently infestingrangers media would probably think they were playing in England because the oddneuron firing up in the dark recesses of what passes for consciousness would beaware that Queens Park Rangers play in England

Everyone is happy.

Well, except Qeens Park obviously.

Damn.

I thought the Police had issues about policing the Rangers games as there was no guarantee of them being paid. I presume that must've been sorted out, was it?

Plenty of volunteer officers :P

I'm sure fans of at least 30 clubs in Scotland would be willing to sell their soul in the thought that their club would be considered by 2,000,000 Gers fans in Scotland to be the reincarnation of 54 and counting. They could always argue they bought the bankrupt Gers for a quid.

Perhaps we could draw-up a list of SFL clubs and who owns them? That way we can get an idea of which clubs might be in danger or not. I have to say I find it unlikely a bigger SFL club would be in the sights of any revivalist movement but lets include everyone.

What we're interested in is - can the club be bought? if so, who owns it? are they fans of the club? (i.e. wouldn't want to see it die)

Arbroath, Brechin, Queen's Park, Stranraer, Annan... not sure if they're even limited companies with purchaseable shares

Stirling, Clyde, Dundee, Stenhousemuir... supporter majority-owned or CICs

Berwick... majority-owned by triangular consortium of supporter-businessmen, Supporters Club and Supporters Trust

Ross County, Queen of the South, Alloa, Morton... majority-owned by wealthy supporter-businessmen

Cowdenbeath... owned by property developers (the Brewster brothers IIRC?), not supporters

East Stirlingshire... complex situation but did have an evil-shareholder

Livingston... majority owned by McDougall and Rankine?

Please correct me if I've made mistakes, and please add other clubs.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Someone rich and "Rangers minded" will buy the target club, rename, rebadge and relocate. Most recent example being Airdrieonians. Airdrie went bust, so a rich Airdrie fan purchased Clydebank and changed the name to Airdrie United, changed the strips to the "diamond" strips and moved the club to, you got it, Airdrie.

The rules were changed afterwards to stop that happening again though.

Im almost certain of this.

Edited by MarreZ

Thankfully i'm back at work tomorrow and wont have to sit and watch Sky Sports all day for the inevitable delay in any news. I reckon i can be home, changed and have my scran in front of me before any developments hit...the wife can sit in the kitchen for the soaps..i need the big telly for this one :-)

Edited by EdinburghPar1975

Perhaps we could draw-up a list of SFL clubs and who owns them? That way we can get an idea of which clubs might be in danger or not. I have to say I find it unlikely a bigger SFL club would be in the sights of any revivalist movement but lets include everyone.

What we're interested in is - can the club be bought? if so, who owns it? are they fans of the club? (i.e. wouldn't want to see it die)

Arbroath, Brechin, Queen's Park, Stranraer, Annan... not sure if they're even limited companies with purchaseable shares

Stirling, Clyde, Dundee, Stenhousemuir... supporter majority-owned or CICs

Berwick... majority-owned by triangular consortium of supporter-businessmen, Supporters Club and Supporters Trust

Ross County, Queen of the South, Alloa, Morton... majority-owned by wealthy supporter-businessmen

Cowdenbeath... owned by property developers (the Brewster brothers IIRC?), not supporters

East Stirlingshire... complex situation but did have an evil-shareholder

Livingston... majority owned by McDougall and Rankine?

Please correct me if I've made mistakes, and please add other clubs.

Raith Rovers

http://www.raithtrust.org.uk/?p=304

Clear as mud eh :lol: