Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Will it? Or will their fans bugger off to Airdrie, Dundee, Hearts, Linfield and St Mirren as oft times before? Or sit in Binghams watching the Chelsea games? On past showings, that hard core support doesn't exist except in their own fantasies. They're an ego trip more than a football club to 99% of their "fans".

There's no way any Rangers fans would stomach two years without a national trophy, let alone four.

First they have to get in, and being a brand new club without 3 years audited accounts, I can guarantee that Spartans would be on the phone to UEFA faster than you could say "nice try!".

Secondly, where's the money going to come from to run this "new" Rangers?

The fans? That's a laugh. They expect the council or the Scottish parliament to bail them out as its an "institution".

A business consortium? Ibrox costs a small fortune to run, and the SFA can't bail them out the way they bailed Queen's Park out for their White Elephant (in their case they had the excuse of it being the national stadium and pending new HQ, as well as QP being amateurs and thus zilch threat to the pro-teams), they simply haven't got that kind of money to flush away anymore. You'd be talking a good solid four years of losses before reaching break even upon entry to the SPL, and hoping the other SPL clubs haven't strengthen during that time.

You only have to look at Linfield being forced into looking to vacate Windsor Park because despite winning the Northern Irish league almost every year and goodness knows what else, despite being used for internationals, their crowds have dwindled away to the point their ground is too big for purpose and a financial drain.

A "phoenix" club isn't going to happen when for a fraction of the cost any canny investor could stick the money in one of the other SPL clubs and see a return within two years.

I'm in no way supporting a phoenix club or expecting one to get, i'm merely commenting on the hypothetical situation that some incarnation of Rangers are in the third division. IMHO such a team will breeze back to the SPL.

OK don't shoot the messenger if this is wrong, but apparently a letter has been leaked with the names of the axed tomorrow on "Shoe Shine Monday". They are:

papac

mculloch

bocanegro

alexander

healy

wylde

wallace

alluko

kerkar

perry

little

hemming

mccabe

mitchell

gallagher

we'll see.

I wouldn't even bet my jar of pennies I keep in the office on that list being real, blatant fake.

Rangers short term objective is to save £1m a month, all the high earners have to go. Whittaker, McGregor - all of them. Even if they can raise funds by selling them in the summer it'll be no use to them if Rangers are extinct in the summer anyway!

I wouldn't even bet my jar of pennies I keep in the office on that list being real, blatant fake.

Rangers short term objective is to save £1m a month, all the high earners have to go. Whittaker, McGregor - all of them. Even if they can raise funds by selling them in the summer it'll be no use to them if Rangers are extinct in the summer anyway!

They can argue that they're keeping them to make money in the summer though. They can find savings elsewhere on players they can't get a transfer fee for, and if they believe the the transfer fee they'll get for them is greater than the cost of their wages for the rest of the season, they'll stay. Really though, aside from McGregor, Whittaker, Davis and Edu, all the first-teamers should be getting punted. There'll be bids for McGregor and Davis and they've rejected bids for the other two this season, but I can't see them getting much for anyone else. Their team should be made up of those four and youth players for the rest of the season.

There is no chance is that e-mail real.

It looks like it has been typed out by a seven year old, not by an authority figure at a senior football club.

To be fair, football related people are rarely known for their intelligence. ;)

Correct, or so you'd think, Saying that why wasn't it done 18 days ago!!

Let everyone go, except the 20 worse paid.

A 20 man squad is more then enough playing staff wise

True. But there is 100% no chance big Broadfoot won't be on the list, surely. He's out of contract in 3 months and taking up approximately £7,000 per week on the wage bill. He's got to be punted before Wallace, who'll have a sell on value, however small it may be.

Even players like Lafferty and Naismith (who is a liability rather than an asset in his current situation) won't be safe.

They can argue that they're keeping them to make money in the summer though. They can find savings elsewhere on players they can't get a transfer fee for, and if they believe the the transfer fee they'll get for them is greater than the cost of their wages for the rest of the season, they'll stay. Really though, aside from McGregor, Whittaker, Davis and Edu, all the first-teamers should be getting punted. There'll be bids for McGregor and Davis and they've rejected bids for the other two this season, but I can't see them getting much for anyone else. Their team should be made up of those four and youth players for the rest of the season.

the chances of getting anything close to market value for any player is never going to happen as any club interested can play hardball and drive the price down

the chances of getting anything close to market value for any player is never going to happen as any club interested can play hardball and drive the price down

Even at that, McGregor, Davis and Whittaker are on what, £25K a week? Up until the window opens on July 1st, that's going to be £425K each. They'll still get more than that for each of them. If they can cut £1M from the wage bill while keeping the players who can be sold in summer, they'll stay.

Edited by Dunning1874

True. But there is 100% no chance big Broadfoot won't be on the list, surely. He's out of contract in 3 months and taking up approximately £7,000 per week on the wage bill. He's got to be punted before Wallace, who'll have a sell on value, however small it may be.

Even players like Lafferty and Naismith (who is a liability rather than an asset in his current situation) won't be safe.

Kirk Broadfoot gets paid £350k a year?

There is no god.

Before Rangers ruined him, he was a superb player for us.

He could be again, Adam was the same.

The more and more this goes on I think Rangers are going to get straight back into the SPL after they are liquidated and with no real penalties either, they do hold a lot of aces with regards tv deals, I bet this meeting tomorrow will be nothing more than every man at it pulling down their trousers, greasing up with vaseline and spreading their cornholes for Rangers.

Can't see £1m worth of wages there tbh.

I don't think it would be far out.

Could be something like:

Monthly Savings Required £ 1,000,000.00

Weekly Savings Required (Monthly *12 / 52) £ 230,769.23

Gross Wages excluding pensions/NI of say 15% £ 200,668.90

Average Gross Wage - 15 players £ 13,377.93

Edited by printer