Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They can argue that they're keeping them to make money in the summer though. They can find savings elsewhere on players they can't get a transfer fee for, and if they believe the the transfer fee they'll get for them is greater than the cost of their wages for the rest of the season, they'll stay. Really though, aside from McGregor, Whittaker, Davis and Edu, all the first-teamers should be getting punted. There'll be bids for McGregor and Davis and they've rejected bids for the other two this season, but I can't see them getting much for anyone else. Their team should be made up of those four and youth players for the rest of the season.

McGregor is the only one they would get anything substantial for. Davis, Whittaker and Edu would get peanuts, partly because they aren't very good, and partly because Rangers are in no position to bargain. I think you're talking a few hundred grand for each, and a couple of million for McGregor. McGregor is the only one they can guarantee making a good return from so I think he might stay, there's no benefit in keeping the rest. I suppose it depends how confident they are of reaching the next transfer window.

Silly question but can Rangers sell these players on now if they go into admin?

Have they not breached their contracts by not being able to pay them what was agreed?

Silly question but can Rangers sell these players on now if they go into admin?

Have they not breached their contracts by not being able to pay them what was agreed?

Don't think so, even outside the window they can't make an exception. Only emergency player allowed is a goalie.

McGregor is the only one they would get anything substantial for. Davis, Whittaker and Edu would get peanuts, partly because they aren't very good, and partly because Rangers are in no position to bargain. I think you're talking a few hundred grand for each, and a couple of million for McGregor. McGregor is the only one they can guarantee making a good return from so I think he might stay, there's no benefit in keeping the rest. I suppose it depends how confident they are of reaching the next transfer window.

Even if they're only getting £500K for each of them, which I don't think they'd have a problem with for Davis or Edu, that's more than their wages for the rest of the season.

They can sell whoever they like - the transfer embargo applies to signing people (and obviously the buying club has to be in window or else they're buying someone they can't use)... They can't register anyone, of course, e.g. Cousin.

Today's Scotland on Sunday reports that McCulloch, Broadfoot, Healy and Papac have offerred to play for free until May, subject to suitable insurance being provided.

I'm in no way supporting a phoenix club or expecting one to get, i'm merely commenting on the hypothetical situation that some incarnation of Rangers are in the third division. IMHO such a team will breeze back to the SPL.

They might well breeze back but those 3 seasons would seem like an eternity and I for one would be fascinated to see what kind of crowds they get.

Like a bad tv show - it is car wreck stuff. Cannae stop paying attention to it.

Even if they're only getting £500K for each of them, which I don't think they'd have a problem with for Davis or Edu, that's more than their wages for the rest of the season.

It depends on whether they are able to continue to pay their wages AND still survive long enough to make it to a tranfer window. If not - they'll need to punt them now.

They might well breeze back but those 3 seasons would seem like an eternity and I for one would be fascinated to see what kind of crowds they get.

Like a bad tv show - it is car wreck stuff. Cannae stop paying attention to it.

Green one - from a Falkirk fan too, I'm even sorry your club has been shafted by THEM

Even when you're right. you're wrong.

Yes typo error on AIRDRIE.... and the chairman is ballantyne or something...... you know how close you were to saying something nice about me there ... so close but no cigar....hope you enjoyed your day out yesterday

!

Before Rangers ruined him, he was a superb player for us.

No offence intended to St Mirren, but he was a superb player given their level (yes yes glass houses and all that). He was never anything other than a squad play for Rangers and should be getting a fraction of that.

Besides, getting a neck tattoo is a way of saying "I reject material possessions as I don't want gainful employment", or more accurately "don't give me money, I'm stupid in a way that would make Richard Dawkins put on a dog collar and preach that I must have been created this perfectly moronic ".

I wish I could say I was semi retired but I have to be up at 4.30am otherwise known as "The middle of the fucking night"...Anyway, Chico, I am relying on you to make sure they don't start without me..;)

Those fields don't plough themselves ;)