Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The 3 of them couldn't spell EBT, thick fux

Are phone ins still dominated by Old firm fans like everything else in Scottish football?

Stopped listening to them because of it mad.gif

The last couple of times that I've heard Radio Clyde SSB I thought Gordon Dalziel was a new low as a pundit.

Great player in his day, but thought he was awful on radio.

Did the Channel 4 piece actually show anything new? It was already accepted that if EBTs were in operation then highly paid Rangers staff would be benefitting. The question is whether the payments made were contractual, deemed to be in lieu of salary or were in fact discretionary. That is a judgement that has still to be made and the tax expert seemed to use the word "if" a lot when interviewed. That didn't tell me whether Rangers were guilty or not guilty to any greater an extent than I knew before. Martin Bain and some other directors being caught by it makes no odds.

Facts preempt the 'judgement'. You cannae beat evidence.

Looking forward to all the personal bankruptcies as the house of cards keeps falling. And of course the fraud squad will be paying close attention to the key players who created the scam and delivered it over many years.

Whyte is expert at taking ok businesses and helping them go wrong. His mistake in this case was to buy a company that was already wrong.

The last couple of times that I've heard Radio Clyde SSB I thought Gordon Dalziel was a new low as a pundit.

Great player in his day, but thought he was awful on radio.

Caught the show in the car the other night and actually though he was a punter.....Thick as shite in the neck of a bottle.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Still can't believe some of the ex rangers board members and players and management have the brass neck to be popping up on the media to say how shocked they are about poor rangers etc,,,while the all dodged tax themselves , probably half the "legends" playing tonight where on EBTs ffs ,

And before anyone says , but their just employees its no their fault how would they know,,,,,ignorance is no defence ,,if my employer said to me , how would you like a fat pay rise?,,we can do it if we just transfer your wages to an offshore account then pay you via a loan plus not through a contract it's all perfectly legal,,,,

I'd be ,,,ehhhh... Don't think so thanks.

It don't think it's to much to conclude that probably all the big earners dodged tax at Dignity FC....sir Walter ,Fat Sally,,the board,,,,players,,,

That is a judgement that has still to be made and the tax expert seemed to use the word "if" a lot when interviewed.

It's a wonder then that Rangers couldn't find a reputable buyer when being sold for £1 last year, if it is the 50-50 case you seem to diplomatically regard it to be. Why did no-one take a pop on a club that could be turned around, at such a low outlay?

HMRC are going to destroy Rangers' defence, which is why only Craig Whyte had the stones to make a bit money out of the impending train wreck. That is what he does.

Slightly off topic but I saw two newspapers today, Rancid and Express. Both carried photos of various Rangers people advertising the charity game tonight. I was annoyed at first as I thought this is free advertising for the tax dodgers. When I looked at the bottom of the back page of the Record their was an advert advertising that tickets were still available for the Motherwell Rangers game tomorrow. This looked like an advert that Motherwell would have had to pay for. Annoyance became anger. Scandalous that the bigots who don't pay their bills get free advertising for a game that is questionable. Glad that I saw the Rancid in a cafe and my better half paid for the Express.

Do others agree that this is another example of our press bowing before the Old Firm.

The quicker one lot is liquidated and the other half F-off to wherever will have them, the better.

Slightly off topic but I saw two newspapers today, Rancid and Express. Both carried photos of various Rangers people advertising the charity game tonight. I was annoyed at first as I thought this is free advertising for the tax dodgers. When I looked at the bottom of the back page of the Record their was an advert advertising that tickets were still available for the Motherwell Rangers game tomorrow. This looked like an advert that Motherwell would have had to pay for. Annoyance became anger. Scandalous that the bigots who don't pay their bills get free advertising for a game that is questionable. Glad that I saw the Rancid in a cafe and my better half paid for the Express.

Do others agree that this is another example of our press bowing before the Old Firm.

The quicker one lot is liquidated and the other half F-off to wherever will have them, the better.

You seem to be complaining that Rangers news were advertising a Rangers game unsure.gif

Edited by Gaz FFC

It's a wonder then that Rangers couldn't find a reputable buyer when being sold for £1 last year, if it is the 50-50 case you seem to diplomatically regard it to be. Why did no-one take a pop on a club that could be turned around, at such a low outlay?

HMRC are going to destroy Rangers' defence, which is why only Craig Whyte had the stones to make a bit money out of the impending train wreck. That is what he does.

I have no idea whether it is 50:50. And irrespective of the big tax case, these cvnts should be hung out to dry for the way they have behaved this season alone (and are still behaving under the least effective administrators ever).

But if it were 50:50 on whether you would be buying a £50m debt in addition to an £18m existing debt in a league structure where earnings are extremely restricted compared to others on the european ladder (and as such the battle to put a competitive team on the pitch in european terms becomes more stretching each year), I can see why any for sale advert might specify that only shysters or someone with a brass neck need apply. I doubt if the C4 report contained anything that wasn't part of the tax case argument - that's all.

The difference is that Alex Thompson didn't conclude with a heart rending appeal that the big hoose must stay open and Rangers preserved in the SPL irrespective of how much they owe or how many people they f**k along the way - which is exactly how the scottish media would have signed all of this off. They would have blamed Murray and Whyte without recognising that cheating for 20 years is actually quite a large chunk of the history they seek to preserve. The club is entirely at fault if this all caves in because they have or had a duty of governance. Instead they may all have lapped up trophy wins by players they had no right to be watching.

But if it were 50:50 on whether you would be buying a £50m debt in addition to an £18m existing debt in a league structure where earnings are extremely restricted compared to others on the european ladder (and as such the battle to put a competitive team on the pitch in european terms becomes more stretching each year), I can see why any for sale advert might specify that only shysters or someone with a brass neck need apply.

For £1, the new owner has next to no risk in that investment. If Rangers lose the tax case and fold, he loses £1. Despite this, NO Rangers supporting consortium, despite their supposed hundreds of thousands of fans around the world, had a sniff at it. Nor did a fans' group. Craig Whyte was a vulture looking to snap up a few morsels from the carcass, and he looks set to get a large sum either way for literally £1 investment.

The big tax case is a bogey for them that they're not going to get rid of, except through an unlikely CVA or folding.

Edited by vikingTON

For £1, the new owner has next to no risk in that investment. If Rangers lose the tax case and fold, he loses £1. Despite this, NO Rangers supporting consortium, despite their supposed hundreds of thousands of fans around the world, had a sniff at it. Nor did a fans' group. Craig Whyte was a vulture looking to snap up a few morsels from the carcass, and he looks set to get a large sum either way for literally £1 investment.

The big tax case is a bogey for them that they're not going to get rid of, except through an unlikely CVA or folding.

Don't disagree with much of that. But maybe the reason they couldn't find a genuinely Rangers-minded crowd to buy them is that it would have broken their hearts to put their club through this (or launch good money after bad to pay for someone else's thieving or misjudgement). The only way to make profit from this is to trash their reputation (such as it is) and crawl away from it all leaving a trail of debt and shite behind you. It takes someone who doesn't give a f**k to do that.

I'm surprised we haven't seen an upsurge in flight bookings to the south of france from les bears. Now that the season is fucked (and maybe their club too), you'd think some of those on rangers media would be looking for a face to face explanation. Maybe that will come when they stop blaming dundee utd.

First or Second contract ?

Any or all of them?

Any 00's rangers player will of course say that it was all legit. They're not going to drop themselves in it.

I'll guess he wasn't asked 'did you sign two contacts?'

@bbcsportsound: De Boer: Don't take Gers trophies: Ronald De Boer feels stripping Rangers of silverware would be "ridiculous" an... http://t.co/fLM5zma5

Oh well then we'd better all stop trying to expose Rangers as the tax dodging cheats they are, because some Dutch millionaire thinks it's ridiculous.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Most sarcastic post ever^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How much Does millionaire Dutchman De boring really care what happens to Rangers?

Any or all of them?

Any 00's rangers player will of course say that it was all legit. They're not going to drop themselves in it.

I'll guess he wasn't asked 'did you sign two contacts?'

Well ermm you see it was an understanding, written down on paper which now gathers tea stains next to my bed. Note to self : get that shredded!

In reality though haha players won't be held accountable if such evidence does exist. It's the club's own fault, I mean who gets tax advice then does the complete opposite? laugh.gif

Did the Channel 4 piece actually show anything new? It was already accepted that if EBTs were in operation then highly paid Rangers staff would be benefitting. The question is whether the payments made were contractual, deemed to be in lieu of salary or were in fact discretionary. That is a judgement that has still to be made and the tax expert seemed to use the word "if" a lot when interviewed. That didn't tell me whether Rangers were guilty or not guilty to any greater an extent than I knew before. Martin Bain and some other directors being caught by it makes no odds.

Demanding that a £100,000 pay rise/bonus should be paid as an EBT and that the secretary should shred the paper work is a wee bit damning.

I just pray that Celtic get caught up in it all somehow..whistling.gif

How much Does millionaire Dutchman De boring really care what happens to Rangers?

Maybe more than you think, as the EBT was a loan and loans are meant to be repaid............

Given that one of the documents basically said "right, I've got that memo about my extra cash for the year and I've told the secretary to shred it", I wouldn't say Bain was confident the arrangement would stand up to scrutiny.

KTID