Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I really hope Alex Thomson's piece on the C4 news tonight will be about the craven arselickery of the Scottish meeja towards the Old Firm.

I hope he's got something - because one initial report aside (which said absolutely nothing new), it's been a damp squib - so far.

I hope he's got something - because one initial report aside (which said absolutely nothing new), it's been a damp squib - so far.

Still though, he winds up the Rangers fans brilliantly, the have been foaming at the mouth about agenda and conspiracies

Nothing new but decent interview with Regan here, extended from the broadcasted clip.. My link More than STV or BBC have managed to do with any of the leading players...

Nice to see all the blue noses gearing up for their *ahem* charity match tonight....

I wonder if the rangers or Milan charity trusts will get any slice of the action?

Personally I hope lord Whyte spends it all on a yacht, he deserves it :)

Edited by jagfox

Rangers' liquidation not Ally McCoist's preferred option

By Alasdair Lamont

BBC Scotland

Rangers manager Ally McCoist admits he understands why a new owner of the club may want to liquidate it.

"Liquidation would not be my preferred option as a supporter and indeed as the manager of the club," he said.

"Sitting here as a businessman, it might be the way ahead, but as a supporter, with a love of the club, it wouldn't be the preferred option.

"I can totally understand the business angle and it probably would suit a lot of business-minded people."

With Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy's bid for Rangers having been rejected on Thursday, four offers remain on the table for the club, which has been in administration since mid-February.

One of those bids has been made by Paul Murray's Blue Knights consortium and McCoist has already held discussions with the former Rangers director about his plans.

Now the manager, who would prefer Rangers to exit administration via a company voluntary agreement, will meet other parties interested in buying the club as administrators edge closer to identifying a preferred bidder.

Consortia based in the United States, the UK and Singapore are also believed to have notified administrators of their interest.

McCoist said: "I don't have a preferred option.

"Brian is out of the equation and Paul is the only other interested party that I've met.

"But I have been in constant contact and dialogue with the administrators and they are keeping me up to speed with other bids.

"They've said to me that other potential purchasers would like the opportunity to meet with myself and ask me a few questions and I would like to do the same on behalf of the club."

McCoist will play for a Rangers veterans side against a team of former AC Milan stars at Ibrox on Friday evening.

"The fans have been amazing in troubled times and they will have a treat tonight at the Legends game," he added.

"We all might get a little bit older, but you don't lose the competitive spirit."

That's Smith and McCoist now openly talking about liquidation and Amoruso talking about Rangers being stripped of titles. It's as if they already know what's coming ...

Rangers' liquidation not Ally McCoist's preferred option

By Alasdair Lamont

BBC Scotland

Rangers manager Ally McCoist admits he understands why a new owner of the club may want to liquidate it.

"Liquidation would not be my preferred option as a supporter and indeed as the manager of the club," he said.

"Sitting here as a businessman, it might be the way ahead, but as a supporter, with a love of the club, it wouldn't be the preferred option.

"I can totally understand the business angle and it probably would suit a lot of business-minded people."

With Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy's bid for Rangers having been rejected on Thursday, four offers remain on the table for the club, which has been in administration since mid-February.

One of those bids has been made by Paul Murray's Blue Knights consortium and McCoist has already held discussions with the former Rangers director about his plans.

Now the manager, who would prefer Rangers to exit administration via a company voluntary agreement, will meet other parties interested in buying the club as administrators edge closer to identifying a preferred bidder.

Consortia based in the United States, the UK and Singapore are also believed to have notified administrators of their interest.

McCoist said: "I don't have a preferred option.

"Brian is out of the equation and Paul is the only other interested party that I've met.

"But I have been in constant contact and dialogue with the administrators and they are keeping me up to speed with other bids.

"They've said to me that other potential purchasers would like the opportunity to meet with myself and ask me a few questions and I would like to do the same on behalf of the club."

McCoist will play for a Rangers veterans side against a team of former AC Milan stars at Ibrox on Friday evening.

"The fans have been amazing in troubled times and they will have a treat tonight at the Legends game," he added.

"We all might get a little bit older, but you don't lose the competitive spirit."

That's Smith and McCoist now openly talking about liquidation and Amoruso talking about Rangers being stripped of titles. It's as if they already know what's coming ...

If it does come, my eyes immediately turn to Regan and Doncaster..... tick tock guys. Might actually have to earn your wages soon.

According to Rumor & Hearsay:

Paul Clark is on the payroll of several of the companies listed as part of the "Close Brothers" group.

This group includes the "Close Leasing" firm which has the juicy catering contract at Ibrox.

The chairman of the "Close Brothers" group is Paul Greenshields.

Paul Greenshields is also Chairman of one of Octopus's many tentacles.

Greenshields declaration

Sounds like Cloak & Dagger. Or Smoke & Mirrors perhaps?

If Octopus's tentacles "just happen" to have been already within Ibrox before Whyte's takeover, this gets even more interesting as to why they were so happy to lend him all that money to pay off the bank debt allowing him to take over Rangers for a quid in the first place.

David Whitehouse, of Duff and Phelps, said: "It would be inappropriate for us to comment on the merits of individual bids but, in general, several parties have pursued their declared interest in the club and five bids submitted have been subject to greater scrutiny. "

"Except yours, ya miserable baldy bastard. Now fuck off!" Said Whitehouse of Mr Kennedys bid.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Kennedy's opening gambit probably set his chances back a bit. Let's be honest, as sales pitches go, saying "I don't really want to buy this fcuked-up pile of debt-ridden shite, but if no other daft cnut turns up, gimme' a shout, but only as a last, and I mean last, resort" isn't the best one I've ever heard.

Looks like they have extended the show and there is another hilarious episode next Wednesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17568752

"Rangers' administrators have asked three prospective buyers to submit "best and final offers by Wednesday".

A successful bidder is likely to "require a period of exclusivity".

David Whitehouse, of Duff and Phelps, said: "It would be inappropriate for us to comment on the merits of individual bids but, in general, several parties have pursued their declared interest in the club and five bids submitted have been subject to greater scrutiny. "

What - bids for Rangers the subject of scrutiny?

Oh good ! Another deadline.

@alextomo: Link to tonight's blog on Rangers http://t.co/kmHc5Ygf

We have seen a document which says: "...please pay Martin Bain £100,000 through the remuneration trust in respect of his bonus for the financial year to June 30, 2005."

We've seen a document which says: "...please pay Martin Bain £100,000 through the remuneration trust in respect of his bonus for the financial year to June 30, 2005."

Not only that, but just one month later in July 2005 in another document, Martin Bain requests from The Murray Group Management Trust in Jersey a further loan of £100,000 "as soon as possible for the purposes of investment".

These are the kind of things which have excited the interest of the taxman.

Popcorn!