Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I hate that thought too, and of course Rangers should be judged and dealt with in a manner anyone else would. However, it's clear that what should happen may not necessarily be what does happen.

There is a fundamental point of principle here, though. An abject failure to recognise and observe that would render senior football in this country an absolute sham (FFS, we're close enough to that as things stand). You talk of pragmatism, but it is simply expedience at best. You have to wonder what the point is, really.

There is a fundamental point of principle here, though. An abject failure to recognise and observe that would render senior football in this country an absolute sham (FFS, we're close enough to that as things stand). You talk of pragmatism, but it is simply expedience at best. You have to wonder what the point is, really.

If they go out the game and somehow end up staying in the top flight I will never watch a senior scottish football match for the rest of my days as the whole set up will be a disgusting,corrupt, sham.

SPL football, surely?

Afterall SFL, Highland League etc. are unlikely to have a say.

SPL football, surely?

Afterall SFL, Highland League etc. are unlikely to have a say.

Senior football is progressively tiered in this country (allegedly). All clubs should be in the position to aspire to climb through the leagues and secure their optimum placing based on merit. There should be no accommodation of cheats. Every cheat who is afforded passage or even salvation robs a legitimate club of the opportunity to advance based on fair competition. This is the principle I talked about. Without it, senior football as a whole - SPL and beyond - is without integrity, and this detracts from its very purpose, surely?

I was under the mis-guided impression that the Linfield boys had a special loyalty to Rangers. By the looks of the google ads, in the Belfast Telegraph another great institution is shamlessly exploiting the situation.

You can't trust anyone these days

http://www.belfastte...y-16139258.html

Stuff that, its the whole gallery of pics from Lingerie Bowl 2012 that is important on that page :ph34r:

post-23278-0-40878400-1333385772_thumb.j

Edit to add, its the biggest Bowl in the whole of Ireland, I understand...........

Edited by wunfellaff

Returning from Glasgow I bought a paper version of the Evening Times (as opposed to reading the online version). Article there about the Blue Knights accepting they are losing to the American bid. However the whole article is just a puffed up press release from Paul Murray. (can't find it online)

Obviously trying to distance themselves from making a credible offer, while trying the blight the American bid but without actually saying it directly. All the usual claptrap about doing the best for the club etc. while accusing the administrators of having made up their minds already.

Suspect he is shuffling for a role in the newco whoever wins.

The one word through this and other pronouncements for the masses is the word toxic and toxicity. The fact that anyone who gets involved with Rangers as is, has no idea what liabilities they are buying.

And of course with Whyte as the major shareholder, preferred creditor and with Ibrox and Murray Park in his back pocket there is no doubt who is in charge here. And whatever he did to get there we know it will be legally solid.

btw the Evening Times was the worst 50p I spent today. sad.gif

Stuff that, its the whole gallery of pics from Lingerie Bowl 2012 that is important on that page :ph34r:

post-23278-0-40878400-1333385772_thumb.j

Edit to add, its the biggest Bowl in the whole of Ireland, I understand...........

If the American lot get hold of Rangers is this what we can expect?

22 diddies on the park instead of the usual 11? biggrin.gif

Think of Rangers as a cash cow (and celtic for that matter) there to be milked.

I don't blame the chairmen of the other clubs thinking with their pockets when considering whether Rangers should be admitted to the SPL or not. Peoples' livelihoods depend on the money that the Old Firm bring in - directly or indirectly. I hate to blow smoke up their arses but its the truth - though that situation is the same in every league you care to think of since big teams always bring TV companies round the table.

I inititally thought of the problem of setting precedents, but really there are none and are hardly likely to be any similar circumstances again (unless Rangers don't learn their lesson)

I don't blame the chairmen of the other clubs thinking with their pockets when considering whether Rangers should be admitted to the SPL or not. Peoples' livelihoods depend on the money that the Old Firm bring in - directly or indirectly. I hate to blow smoke up their arses but its the truth - though that situation is the same in every league you care to think of since big teams always bring TV companies round the table.

I inititally thought of the problem of setting precedents, but really there are none and are hardly likely to be any similar circumstances again (unless Rangers don't learn their lesson)

let them have a league of 2 and play each other 38times a season then.......

I can't recall the old firm giving much of a shit about the other clubs when trying to piss off to play in the north atlantic salmon league or the english championship. Scottish football would have evolved without them and learned to live within it's means.

allowing them back into top flight after twenty years of basically cheating, wrecks the fundamentals of sporting integrity and would forever blemish football in this country

^^^^^^^this in a nutshell.

Senior football is progressively tiered in this country (allegedly). All clubs should be in the position to aspire to climb through the leagues and secure their optimum placing based on merit. There should be no accommodation of cheats. Every cheat who is afforded passage or even salvation robs a legitimate club of the opportunity to advance based on fair competition. This is the principle I talked about. Without it, senior football as a whole - SPL and beyond - is without integrity, and this detracts from its very purpose, surely?

... but SFL, Highland League, etc. can't do anything about it, so why would you boycott them?

EDIT: Particularly the Seniors outwith SFL, who haven't a mechanism to "climb through the leagues".

Edited by HibeeJibee

... but SFL, Highland League, etc. can't do anything about it, so why would you boycott them?

EDIT: Particularly the Seniors outwith SFL, who haven't a mechanism to "climb through the leagues".

The SFL and Highland League have representatives within the SFA, don't they? They could easily lobby for the new Rangers not to be given a SFA licence, and for them to be refused entry into SFA tournaments. The SFL could presumably refuse them entry to the League Cup. It might not be as much as the SPL can do, but it's not correct to say these clubs can't do anything about it.

rangerstaxcase Looks like DoS attack on the blog. Will prob take a few days to fix. Coincidental timing I am sure! :-)

EBT decision (or/and possibly other succulent info and revelations) to be revealed in next 24 hours? :whistle

If Scotland needs/can support 2 'big' teams, surely another club will rise to fill the void if rapeepul cease to exist?.... or could it be that a league that could be won be 9 or 10 clubs could actually bring in more people and more tv money <_<

I'm sure the Egyptions, Greeks, Romans, etc. etc all thought that the world 'needed' them and couldn't survive with their 'benevolent' support :lol:

The SFL and Highland League have representatives within the SFA, don't they? They could easily lobby for the new Rangers not to be given a SFA licence, and for them to be refused entry into SFA tournaments. The SFL could presumably refuse them entry to the League Cup. It might not be as much as the SPL can do, but it's not correct to say these clubs can't do anything about it.

They can lobby, and I'd hope they would, but they can't force anything. They have only 3 seats of 10 on the Professional Game Board (4 when you add the fact that the 1st VP is from Cove) and no direct seats of 7 on the Main Board (1 if including him).

League Cup rules (hence admission) are governed by a Joint Committee of SPL + SFL, with equal representatives.

They could shout, but they couldn't really do anything themselves, particularly in a transfer-of-share scenario.