Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

BREAKING NEWS ON THE BBC

Paul Murray has agreed a deal with Ticketus to allow them to be part of the same consortium that bids for control of Rangers on Wednesday.

Murray's Blue Knights group had been negotiating with the firm, whose money financed Craig Whyte's takeover.

These negotiations were aimed at trying to ensure they were not added to the list of the club's creditors.

Meanwhile, Whyte has told BBC Scotland he would be prepared to deal with Murray's consortium.

Napper ... nail Poz old bean.

HJ - I always value your views as a necessary counter balance but not everyone on here just hates Rangers. They hate the thought that you can spend money you didn't have for 20 years with minimal consequences. It's not on and they should be judged on their failings rather than the impact of their failings.

Couldn't agree more - if a big set of lying cheating scumbags gets away with this behaviour, it sets the precedent for all the little scumbags running our teams to follow suit.

Analogy - a weegie trog (for instance) murders a teacher. Sentence: life

his mate murders a bricklayer. Sentence: life

Somebody murders a weegie trog. Sentence: life

It's not who's done it or who they've done it to - it's what they've done that counts. And the only mitigation I would offer is that rangers are currently behaving like some thick gangsta posing in the dock, contemptuous of civilised society, happy with being the centre of attention and unable to understand the consequences of his breaking the rules of the game. Not the kind of attitude conducive to light sentencing.

Take them down!

KTID

SPL football, surely?

Afterall SFL, Highland League etc. are unlikely to have a say.

Not if the SFA grew a pair and cancelled their affiliation/membership/threw them out. They want killing completely - I've seen enough slasher movies to know you've got to make sure of these things....

KTID

1333380001[/url]' post='6105126']

If you're chairman of Club XYZ, staring at a balance sheet with a huge black hole in it, you probably start to think about ways to strike a balance. At an extreme, sporting integrity isn't a lot of use to a chairman or his club if they face catastrophe themselves through its application. Unpalateable to us fans, but potentially pragmatic.

I can see what you're getting at, but still...if at the end of the day (copyright Chick Young's cliche company) expediency is more important than honest sporting competition (well what passes for it in Scotland) then surely the whole thing just becomes a farce? I appreciate the naivety of my response but somehow still hoped that the game I love had a bit more belief in itself.

And our chairman is staring at a black hole in the balance sheet but last thing i heard still isn't for caving in to the cheats... Pragmatic? No! Correct? I believe so.

Unless i'm mistaken (pretty sure i'm not) nobody has came to the defence of Rangers with lines like what they did isn't that bad or it's a conspiracy, we did nothing wrong.

It seems that Rangers are just hoping that they bring too much to the table and that they can get away with anything.

I think for me the worst part is that it seems that everyone of importance has bought into that thinking too. Yes you've screwed up way worse than anyone in the short history of the SPL, had it been anyone outside the Old Firm i'm pretty sure they'd be gone - but seen as it's Rangers you are too important.

Can i ask the SPL what they plan to do if they let Rangers off with all this?

What would it take to boot them out?

What will you do if a few smaller clubs decide now we know the punishment we are gonnae do the same?

Sorry if this has been posted already

http://blogs.channel...ns-view/sc/1040

They, after all, turn up week in, week out. They stump up for the season ticket, season in, season out.

As many in Glasgow seek to blame everything from global warming to childhood cancer on Craig Whyte as well as Rangers' woes I'm keen to hear the true extent of the mismanagement years before Craig Whyte ever rolled up promising help to a club bought for millions and sold to him for a quid.

First a word from a lawyer. Not ours, but Adam, lifelong Bear and worth quoting at length I think: "Rangers cheated the system for years and the Scottish media is scared of the club. Still.

If we are found guilty and a deal is done with the taxman it will be embarrassing.

Please keep up the good work. It's great that the UK as a whole is seeing what a shambles we have become. Life is more than football and Rangers should be as liable as us all for keeping to the law and paying tax."

Which seems as good a summary as I've yet seen. Celtic fans not all Bears are burying their heads and running away.

Nonetheless, some were upset at what they see as unfairly dragging the name of a club legend into all this.

Here's Ross: "…the part of the report which really did infuriate the vast majority of Rangers supporters was the insinuation that John Greig would have had any sort of awareness that this scheme was potentially illegal. He is a great servant of Rangers and you sought to blight his name, which I, amongst many others, believe is totally and utterly unacceptable."

Many, like Scott, point to systemic corporate failure rather than individual culpability and although the scapegoat-hunters won't be satisfied, my hunch is that this is near to the reality of events under Sir David Murray's regime at the club:

"Your piece and more to follow no doubt just confirms to me the systematic failings of the RFC management pre-Craig Whyte. Executives more interested in their personal wealth accumulation and boards of Directors who are either ineffectual (Ogilivie) or just football people (Greig) who lack the expertise to challenge and balance decisions made by Executives (your blogs also on the Murray regime paint very well a picture of a culture where the Executives are trusted because they are feared or assumed to be doing the right thing after all every Director probably laboured under the delusion that every executive decision is made in the best interests of the football club and when they gain financially who is going to question what is going on?)."

Hope of course, is what football support is all about. And Iain's big quandary is all about hope the hope that Rangers will win the so-called Big Tax Case: "A big question I would love the answer to and would love someone to ask is: if Rangers got found not guilty in respect to the EBTs would Rangers be entitled to chase for compensation? We have been operating under this now for 4 possibly 5 years and it has hampered our club financially going forward and it would not be in the terrible mess it is in now if this was not under the shadow of the tax case. As I am sure more buyers would have been at the table at the time David Murray was selling up."

Brian was typical though of many fans who feel let down, sold out, the club they thought stood for certain values now in administration and facing possible (or is that becoming probable)liquidation:

"…let me say I am a Gers fan and that my club has acted, on the face of it against all that I believed my club to stand for, honesty, fairness and a high level of integrity. I frankly am ashamed and embarrassed…That situation will be resolved shortly I'm afraid and Rangers, if what your investigation said is correct, will be no more."

Large numbers of fans also felt abandoned by the Scottish FA and allied football governing bodies, as Kenny wrote:

"Rangers fans have absolutely no love for the SFA, and at times in recent history have been seen to be 'at war' with the SFA. The SFA ,I'm sure you are aware, have done little or nothing to help RFC in admin, unlike the FA's assistance with Portsmouth FC."

A small sample of Rangers' opinions from around the world let alone around Govan. It's clear many are more than clear that simply scapegoating the post-EBT management of Craig Whyte is, right now, missing the point and dangerously shifting attention from those who ran the club into deep debt.

Edited by Enrico Annoni

The livi thread went on and on. In fact, I think it's still going on in the fizzy pop forum.

gonna go look for that cheers laugh.gif

An Ayr supporter asking if a thread ever broke 100 pages before ? Where have you been ?

none of our threads since i joined the site have been near 100 pages laugh.gif

the killie semi final thread was a valiant effort at 35 pages though !

Edited by itzdrk

The Raith Rovers thread on page one of the first division forum is on about 200 pages...how could you miss it?

The Raith Rovers thread on page one of the first division forum is on about 200 pages...how could you miss it?

68 actually

anyways gravedancing shoes back on

The Killie v Ayr semi-final thread was 140 pages.

The Killie v Ayr semi-final thread was 140 pages.

i checked before i posted

35 so something like 3500ish posts

this is just about to hit page 100 and be 10,000 posts which is crazy

eta you must have n00b post per page set up wink.gif

Edited by itzdrk